Welcome to The Track - READ ME first

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Welcome to The Track - READ ME first

Post by NSimkins »

Welcome to "The Track" forum!This new forum (replacing the Racing forum) is designed for discussions of all LEGAL racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects.The transition to The Track forum was due to various issues that have cropped up over the past months. This change is not due to any one specific event, and to be honest, was a long time coming. Before anyone throws a fit about this new format, please be aware this was done for the overall benefit of the Forum. Please contact myself or a Moderator in private before deciding to vent in public, or your post will be removed.We've had issues in the past where threads were posted here which caused other "non-Vibe/Matrix" communities to create false member identities on GVC to post rude and inflammatory posts and cause excessive, unnecessary work for our Moderators whom already strive to keep the site a friendly place to belong. Also, under guidance from our other sister sites, we've moved to this new format to thwart any other issues that may arise from posting questionable (legality-wise) threads here.Please note, any posts which the Moderators feel is violating our description of this forum will be removed immediately.Feel free to contact any one of us if you have any further questions. We do appreciate your understanding.-Nick
Mrizzle05

Re: Welcome to The Track - READ ME first (NSimkins)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Fully understood... and nice informative reasoning of why its hear now. good READ ME.Hope i can find a track and we can start a timeslip thread.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
Mavrik

Re: Welcome to The Track - READ ME first (Mrizzle05)

Post by Mavrik »

cool beans. now I can post more autocross videos.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
tcam

Re: Welcome to The Track - READ ME first (Mrizzle05)

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »Hope i can find a track and we can start a timeslip thread. I just need to be allowed to go to the track by my parents and then I'm good
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

very rightly needed! LEGAL racing is fun and highly recommended! thanks Nick and the rest of the mods!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Thank you Nick and all the mods for doing this. We needed to tighten the reigns on this area of the site. We do not condone illegal street racing and you guys having done this will take care of it. Thank you!I will have to check out Rock Falls Raceway in Eau Claire, WI or Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, MN sometime.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

very cool Nick now i really have to go to the track and post some numbers.but i also believe that our "Racing" forum was getting alittle too out of hand. great move by all of the Mods.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Great idea Nick! It did get a little old when people started challenging the original members post as to "how could your Vibe beat a (insert car)" OR "There is no way a Vibe could have beat a (insert car)". The point of the old forum or this new one is to either congrat the person on their racing experience or talk about the experience, not bicker back and forth about it and make the person defend themselves!The my car is better than your car just needs to stop! No one on this site has the fastest car in the world, period!
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I applaud this new category. two thumbs up.
AKLGT

Re: Welcome to The Track - READ ME first (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by MiVibe-ToolGuy »Great idea Nick! It did get a little old when people started challenging the original members post as to "how could your Vibe beat a (insert car)" OR "There is no way a Vibe could have beat a (insert car)". The point of the old forum or this new one is to either congrat the person on their racing experience or talk about the experience, not bicker back and forth about it and make the person defend themselves!The my car is better than your car just needs to stop! No one on this site has the fastest car in the world, period! exactly. with LEGAL racing, people get time slips to PROVE their wins and loses. it levels the field too. it's unfair to say you beat another person if there are too many variables or the other wasn't actually racing. not to mention, the legal ramifications and risk of personal injury to oneself or others by doing so illegally. racing is fun and relatively safe when done so in a LEGAL or organized way. if you're going to make claims, better be able to back it up!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS