solo II drivers?

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
floyd

solo II drivers?

Post by floyd »

i was just curious who does solo II out there and what class they run? i run sts in the fort wayne region
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Mavrik runs STS in Arctic Region and I run SML (in my LGT)
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

whoo hoo fellow Viber Solo II in da house.As trdvibe stated, I run STS class with my Vibe. You can find pics of that here... http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=23395Have you got any pics? and what mods have you got on your car. I see some cones in your avatar.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

oooh and he's got a fusion too.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
floyd

Re: solo II drivers? (floyd)

Post by floyd »

my upgrades:vibrant cross bracek&n typhoondenso iridium ik20 plugseibach sportlinesi ran gs last year in it and hated getting whipped by those pesky mini cooper s. i ran the first half of this year in fsp with a 87 fiero. just finished the upgrades this week. the finished product is below

Attached files
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Sweet looking Vibe... the fusion makes us fast.Right now I'm in STS class against a Subaru RS (non turbo) wagon and a ford focus. They have a lot more experience then I do but I'm catching up to them in times. I'd hate to be in a class with the coopers... those things are very quick.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yep, those mini's are quick little buggers! even the guy up here who can't seem to figure out the course, when he does, it's still pretty darn good! oh ya, welcome to gvc!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
jonathonbarton

Post by jonathonbarton »

Valerie and I got *KILLED* in G-stock winter 2005 season.So we switched to our local "Street Tire class" (Stock-class rules + 140 Treadwear, then Indexed), and got *KILLED* there, too.Haven't autocrossed the Vibe since:A: I took the MR2 to a full-day Autocross School this spring. andB: The Vibe got moved to H-stock.Anyway, after about 5 events, to save wear and tear on my daily driver, Val and I bought an MR2 as our dedicated race car. Then she took a ride with a local MR2 hotshoe, and they got loose, almost spur, and she got out of the car looking a very interesting and pale shade of green (I didn't think anyone could *be* that color, actually)...decided that Autocrossing makes her motionsick, and hasn't come out with me since. Where I *still* get *KILLED* in Street Tire...but if I blow it up, it's only a $600 investment. Now, when I codrive other people's cars......I'm the one doin' the killin'.Last event I was at, I took 1st place in AT, and in the IS300, I was (one cone away from) "Not DFL" in the local X (for eXpert) class (Where the guy what for offered me the killer co-drive runs)...and was a full 7 seconds faster than the next fastest D-Stock prepped car.*scratches head* How's THAT work again?
Mrizzle05

Re: solo II drivers? (jonathonbarton)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

sweet vibe... like the pics of the turn. your TIPPIN!!! Ahhhhh!Looks nice... hope to see more pics or a video.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
jonathonbarton

Re: solo II drivers? (Mrizzle05)

Post by jonathonbarton »

LOL... Cliff does that with pictures of *every* car...note that the pic of the MR2 is the same way... Even RX-8's look like they're about to fall off the edge of the planetary disc or something... (And that's the control tower for Denver International Airport way off in the background...)
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

looks like there is another "Cone Crusher" in our family.
Mavrik

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by Mavrik »

awsome another cone crusher. But I thought I had body roll in my car lol
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

what does the 2:3 mean in your pics??
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »what does the 2:3 mean in your pics?? I think it's the image ratio (600x400 = 3:2). Guess it's the photog's requirements.
jonathonbarton

Post by jonathonbarton »

Yes, Cliff sells prints, too...these are the proofs that he hands out...and he can do 4:3 prints (ex: 640x480 or 1024x768 screen resolution, or 8.5x11 print) of some pics...but others need a 2:3 (600x400ratio or 1024x680 or 11x7" print) because of the framing of the shot...