Solo II May 7, 2006

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
AKLGT

Solo II May 7, 2006

Post by AKLGT »

Well, we went out and ran Solo II autocross today with the Porche Club. It was much more laid back and more chaotic than SCCA but still a good time. i think it was the largest group that ever attended one of their events so they were a bit unprepared. 32 cars total but then some had to leave early since it took them awhile to get us up and running. Phil did fantastic and beat me once again. i think he ran pretty much almost perfectly each time. i've come to the conclusion that i pretty much suck at this. i'm either going too fast and lose it or i go too slow. guess that's what this is all about, having fun and improving as we go. i had tons of fun and this time, pushed myself much harder than last weekend, i took out a cone my first run (happened to be my best time of the day), then second run was going too fast and skidded past the cones I needed to go into so i was off course. the third one, it had just rained and i wanted to kinda take it slow since the course was quite slick. my last run.... well let's just say i had A LOT of fun. they gave me credit for 3 cones (2 of which took a trip with me til the staging area) but i'm told it was more like 6 cones... it was the entire corner 1 i took out. Solo II May 7
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Merzbow

Re: Solo II May 7, 2006 (trdvibe)

Post by Merzbow »

You two need to chill out with your racing...making me jelous I'm going to go steal a bunch of cones and make my own unofficial autocross event so I can take pictures and look cool like you Those Caterham Super 7s are sweet looking. How did it do in the course? Seems like it would do well.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Mavrik

Re: Solo II May 7, 2006 (Merzbow)

Post by Mavrik »

I don't remember the guy's name driving so I don't know how well it was doing. But if your going to steal some cones... make sure they are the small soft rubber type. Those taller construction cones will leave marks and dents on your car.And it was a lot of fun. I suggest buying a flight up here and taking a rental through the SCCA event on May 29th lol.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Merzbow

Re: Solo II May 7, 2006 (Mavrik)

Post by Merzbow »

(removed)...I cant even save $140 for my loitering ticket!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »You two need to chill out with your racing...making me jelous I'm going to go steal a bunch of cones and make my own unofficial autocross event so I can take pictures and look cool like you Those Caterham Super 7s are sweet looking. How did it do in the course? Seems like it would do well.thank you! i could not remember what that yellow car was called for the life of me! lol
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Merzbow

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Merzbow »

Well they have a giant 7 in teh grill (removed)...Although I know those are victims of kit cars just like the Cobras so I think Lotus makes one, Caterham is the originator and there are some kit car manufacturers that make them as well!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

it wouldn't matter if it had a 10 in the grill. i couldnt remember the caterham part. i was trying to explain it to a co worker yesterday without much success.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS