Pinks!

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
Pyro-Andrew

Pinks!

Post by Pyro-Andrew »

hey anbody gonna challenge anybody off of Pinks! ?? It wood be awesome to see a Vibe or somehting else other than old muscle cars......its on Speed Channel if you are under a rock:)
Have: 2006 Pontiac Torrent. Perferred Package. Sun & Sounds Package. Blue Streak Color. Sirius Radio.
damronjr

Re: Pinks! (Pyro-Andrew)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Pyro-Andrew »hey anbody gonna challenge anybody off of Pinks! ?? It wood be awesome to see a Vibe or somehting else other than old muscle cars......Uh yeah, if we had enough money to give away cars on Pinks we probably wouldn't be driving Vibes!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Mavrik

Re: Pinks! (damronjr)

Post by Mavrik »

that show is weird IMO... I only watched one and the car was beat so badly they even handicaped its competition to try and even the odds... and then the pit crew cried when their slow as hell car was handed over to the winner. (removed) I was never so ashamed of men as I was at that point.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
BOZACK

Re: Pinks! (Mavrik)

Post by BOZACK »

Most of the cars on that show need a lot of work afterward. On one show both cars almost did not make the last race. One guy was racing a Vega covered in shag carpeting. Personally, if I won that car I would not take it. It was fugly.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
cohocarl

Re: Pinks! (Mavrik)

Post by cohocarl »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »that show is weird IMO... Don't mean to offend ya Pyro, but I agree with Mav. I've watched it a few times, and I don't really care for it. I was expecting a much better show. I realize they want to give the aura of old time drag racing where the starter drops his arms, but I'd rather have them use the Christmas tree. I guess it would be fun to buy a junk $200 Metro and tell the other guy you need 55 car links..... Texas Hardtails is another show that I was expecting a decent show from the previews, but that show sucks. The best episode was the one with the lingerie show.
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
mcgusto82

Re: Pinks! (cohocarl)

Post by mcgusto82 »

Quote, originally posted by cohocarl »Don't mean to offend ya Pyro, but I agree with Mav. I've watched it a few times, and I don't really care for it. I was expecting a much better show. I realize they want to give the aura of old time drag racing where the starter drops his arms, but I'd rather have them use the Christmas tree. I guess it would be fun to buy a junk $200 Metro and tell the other guy you need 55 car links..... Texas Hardtails is another show that I was expecting a decent show from the previews, but that show sucks. The best episode was the one with the lingerie show. you also forgot "unique whips". that show sucks. why do i need to watch about fabolous bently getting TINTED?there's nothing unique. it's a show about a car garage without a good scrpt.
Pyro-Andrew

Re: Pinks! (cohocarl)

Post by Pyro-Andrew »

lol....nah man i dont care aboiuyt the show either.......just wondering.....wood be coool to see a Vibe or something newer on the show other than a 93 POS Ford Mustand.... haha just wasteing your time is all:)
Have: 2006 Pontiac Torrent. Perferred Package. Sun & Sounds Package. Blue Streak Color. Sirius Radio.
cohocarl

Re: Pinks! (Pyro-Andrew)

Post by cohocarl »

Quote, originally posted by Pyro-Andrew »wood be coool to see a Vibe or something newer on the show other than a 93 POS Ford Mustand....The one with the bikes added a little twist to the show, but at the end, the one dude got an "expert" drag racer to run his last 1/4 run. The "expert" didn't have a good idea of when it was time to launch from the guy's arms, and just sat there when it was time to go. Oh well....The show probably pays the loser more than what their ride was worth in the first place. (I hope)
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

I watched a couple episodes of Pinks or whatever it's called and it was okay. A show I just found last week that I really like is "Rock the Boat" on OLN. It's like Monster Garage, only for hot custom boats. Here's a description off their site:"Horsepower? 1,000. Torque? 1,200 foot pounds. Speed limit? There is no speed limit. With a rock-star attitude, appearance and air of dysfunction, a team of professionals will assemble the ultimate in custom boats in each episode - leaving American Chopper and Monster Garage something to be desired. Add in a custom sound system that would leave any rapper's mouth agape, a paint job fit for a museum, 50 gallons of jet fuel, five times the chrome, plush custom leather interiors, a throttle fit for a 747, and hundreds of custom aftermarket parts, and we’ve got ourselves a ride no one will want to miss."Anyone else watch this show?
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.