2004 front mud flaps are in!

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
ejm

2004 front mud flaps are in!

Post by ejm »

The 2004 front molded mudflaps are finally available at the dealers! I got mine today.... Ed
ian

Re: 2004 front mud flaps are in! (ejm)

Post by ian »

Has anyone tried th Power Flow mud flaps? Less than half the price...
2004 Vibe GT Abyss Monotone/Charcoal17" AlloysM&TPower6 CD20% 3M Metal Tint except windshield
Kazig

Re: 2004 front mud flaps are in! (ian)

Post by Kazig »

Quote, originally posted by ian »Has anyone tried th Power Flow mud flaps? Less than half the price...Do you have a link to the Vibe flaps?
KazigBase NeptuneMoon and Tunes, Power Package, 4spd AutoTinted Windows, Real-time OBDII Monitoring.Lapeer, MIOn the keyboard of life keep one finger on the escape key!
cspmeinkc

Re: 2004 front mud flaps are in! (Kazig)

Post by cspmeinkc »

will they fit on a 2005?do they really work to protect the sides/under area?I put some factory flaps on my 98 dodge neon R/T and once a lot of rain hit and they could not hold up to the abuse.
2005 MOONSTONE GT PURCHACED JULY 16 200420% TINTK&N FILTER
ebslopp

Re: 2004 front mud flaps are in! (cspmeinkc)

Post by ebslopp »

Quote, originally posted by cspmeinkc »I put some factory flaps on my 98 dodge neon R/T and once a lot of rain hit and they could not hold up to the abuse.That's because it was Dodge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------2004 Base - TwoTone Neptune - 5 speed There are 10 types of people in life. There are those who understand binary and those who do not.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: 2004 front mud flaps are in! (cspmeinkc)

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by cspmeinkc »will they fit on a 2005?There are 2 styles of front mudflaps for the Vibe. The rear flaps have remained the same throughout all years. The two styles, a style for the monotone Vibes and a style for the 2-tone Vibes. I'm assuming yours is monotone?For the monotone Vibes, the 2003-style front mudflap (design from the beginning) will fit as the side rockers have not changed since inception. GM part number 12498056.For the two-tone Vibes, the side rockers were redesigned in 2004 to help prevent the premature wearing of the cladding in front of the rear wheels. Original GM part number for these new front flaps was 12499885, but we were also told that 12499855 may be a newly revised version. Pictures of the redesigned rocker can be found in this thead (scroll down a little):http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=4369Quote »do they really work to protect the sides/under area?I've had them on my Vibe for well over a year and I have no visible damage from rocks, road tar, etc. on the lower portion of my vehicle. Personally, I'd highly recommend them. Looks may not be spectacular, but their function outweighs that to me. The quality of the flaps seems well too as they clean up nicely to this date.ragingfish's parts list: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=9923
fancynewwheels

Post by fancynewwheels »

I have the mudflaps all around. THe front ones are needed! Before I got them I just kept hearing the gravel (from my driveway) kick up. I'm idling in first gear and my car is being abused by rocks!!! Now I feel better. And they look good too!
2004 VibeAbyssNon-MonotoneK&N Typhoon Short RamA/C, Power Package5 Speed
ColonelPanic

Re: 2004 front mud flaps are in! (NSimkins)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Since I may just be getting some new cladding, I will be in the market for a couple new splash guards up front. I looked at GM Parts Direct for the first part number (12499885) and it returned nothing, but the other part number seems to work.GM PART # 12499855 CATEGORY: Splash GuardsPACK QTY: 1CORE CHARGE: $0.00GM LIST: $25.00OUR PRICE: $21.00DESCRIPTION: GUARD PKGI figured I would go ahead and order them through GM Parts Direct, but since there's only a $4 difference, it would be cheaper to go through the dealer...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image