Recall 2003-05 Vibe air bag assembly #14735

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
Blueridge9

Recall 2003-05 Vibe air bag assembly #14735

Post by Blueridge9 »

I got a letter today Oct. 24, 2014 via FedEx from GM telling me about recall #14735 since my vehicle is equipped with a front passenger air bag assembly since the previous owner lived in Florida. "When operated in areas with consistently high absolute humidity the front passenger air bag inflator module could be susceptible to rupture and the front passenger air bag could deploy abnormally in a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the occupant."

You received this notice because our records indicate that your 2003-05 Vibe ....was registered in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, TX, Guam, Puerto Rico, Saipan, US Samoa or US Virgin Islands. Until the repair is performed, the front passenger seat should NOT be occupied. .......Please contact any GM dealer to schedule an appointment....at no charge.... as soon as possible."

Questions that your dealer is unable to resolve....1-800-762-2737

Letter signed by Jeff Boyer VP Global Vehicle Safety
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;