Best Car/Truck's to buy used

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
BlueCrush

Best Car/Truck's to buy used

Post by BlueCrush »

http://local.dexknows.com/best-models-a ... -buy-used/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Assuming you’re reading this in 2013, the model years in your sweet spot are 2008 to 2010. Newer will be more expensive; older may be less reliable. But which make and model should you consider?

There’s no simple answer to that because what suits one buyer wouldn’t work for another. However, by using information published by Edmunds, Consumer Reports and J.D.Power, plus MSN, Forbes and Kiplinger, it’s possible to identify the vehicles that are generally considered “good buys” in their respective categories. So let’s get to the list.

*Small car — Hyundai Elantra and Pontiac Vibe
*Midsize car — Hyundai Sonata
*Large car — Ford Taurus
*SUV — Honda CR-V
*Sporty car — Infiniti G35
*Small pickup truck — Toyota Tacoma
*Large truck — Toyota Tundra and Ford F-150
*Minivan — Toyota Sienna

All of these offer a good combination of price, reliability and running costs. They might not suit everyone and, of course, there are many other good vehicles on the market. Remember, though, regardless of the make, model and year, when looking at any used vehicle, it’s essential to evaluate how well it’s been looked after. A neglected model from this list above could be a worse buy than a well-maintained example that didn’t make the cut.
Last edited by BlueCrush on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Rayven01

Re: Best Car/Truck's to buy used

Post by Rayven01 »

Perfect, that validates my 2009 Vibe purchase. 8-)
Image  Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Makes me glad to own a 2009 model :D I saw this coming four years ago when I bought the Vibe NEW. No regrets at all :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

There's nothing more true than this: Vibe is a great all-around vehicle for anybody. This has been noted by everyone. It could be more of a saying for the body style (hint hint automakers) but it is difficult to find a consumer review that hates on the Vibe (other than "enthusiast" sites that think that all that matters is understeer). There's no surprise that the Vibe will have a very long life on the used car market, especially with its Pontiac pricing. And who knows? Just another used car now... something more in the future?
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Amen to the Vibe. This car has been SUPER reliable & EASY to work on thanks to its Corolla drivetrain & everything in between. I just did some overdue maintenance on my Vibe & it runs BETTER than when I purchased it. With Pontiacs depreciation value you can get this car super cheap LOL.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I've said it before and I'll say it again... every time I see something like this, it makes me more and more glad that we have our Vibes :cool:! Now if I could just get my dad into a 2009-2010 Vibe GT... :lol:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Yep it's great to read articles like this.

But it does make you wonder where all the press was when Pontiac was still around, and when our cars were still being made!

Great car!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
creekhed1

Post by creekhed1 »

The Pontiac Vibe is one of the Best Cars made...period.

I knew this almost a decade ago when I steered my GF into an '03 AWD. although we are no longer together we are still friends and She recently traded it in with 200K on it ...still running strong. Never let her down. Not once.

I still knew it a few yrs ago when i bought MY '03 AWD Vibe. Never let me down...not once.

I STILL KNEW IT LAST MONTH when i bought my '03 Vibe GT. ...for $3100 with 110K on her!
...man did I steal that little gem!

And...I will still know it a few years from now when I go shopping for another Vibe to replace my current '03 GT....as long as I can find a GT with low miles! (now that I have owned a 1st Gen GT I am spoiled and cannot own anything BUT ...a 1st Gen GT!!!