The Final End to Pontiac

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
tsubaru

The Final End to Pontiac

Post by tsubaru »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_goodbye_pontiacWe knew it was coming. Now its officially official.Long Live The Pontiac Vibe!
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...if you'll pardon the redundant puns: "...the Indian Chief has left the market.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
beemerphile1

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by beemerphile1 »

A sad day indeed. According to the article there are no more new Pontiacs available. Even though there are a few remaining unsold vehicles they are now considered used cars.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
star_deceiver

Re: (beemerphile1)

Post by star_deceiver »

Sad.And apparently the Pontiac dealer where I bought the car has severed ties with GM and become an independand dealership... On the bright side: I get to harass a new set of techs!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...here in Tucson, AZ, our two Pontiac dealeships:* Don Mackey Cadillac-Pontiac-GMC became Royal Cadillac-Buick-GMC.* Quebedeaux Pontiac-GMC became Quebedeaux Buick-GMC....the "bright" spot is the TWO Toyota dealerships are still Toyota dealerships (wink,wink)!...anybody "like" the CHINA-Buick?
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

i agree with djkeev in this thread...i think [hope] that Pontiac will return. if it does, i feel it will be a very limited line though. like GM's division of sports cars, for instance.
http://
VforVIBE

Re: The Final End to Pontiac (tsubaru)

Post by VforVIBE »

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
ColonelPanic

Re: The Final End to Pontiac

Post by ColonelPanic »

Just when you get over something, they bring it back up. *sigh* Pontiac's been GONE from here for a while now. Dealership was remodeled and the Pontiac signage torn down. Just Buicks and "professional grade" Chevies there now. Can I still have them do that window recall on the Vibe that sits out in the driveway before the thing explodes? Thanks for the memories you've given me since childhood, GM -- but it's over between us.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Re: The Final End to Pontiac (ColonelPanic)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Just when you get over something, they bring it back up. *sigh* Pontiac's been GONE from here for a while now. Dealership was remodeled and the Pontiac signage torn down. Just Buicks and "professional grade" Chevies there now. Can I still have them do that window recall on the Vibe that sits out in the driveway before the thing explodes? Thanks for the memories you've given me since childhood, GM -- but it's over between us. Pontiac's been gone from the dealer here in town for quite sometime now too. They had a huge arrowhead that they took down . However, the dealer I have been taking the Vibes to for all the recall work still has PONTIAC on the front of their building. We are going to take the Vibes down there some Sunday and park them under the PONTIAC and get some pictures.All I have ever driven is Pontiacs, but from now on I guess I'll be driving Toyotas. The Vibe is the perfect transition vehicle to go from Pontiac to Toyota . I will be driving the Vibe for many years to come though so who knows... maybe by the time I need a new car, Pontiac will have been resurrected...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
micbarric

Post by micbarric »

GM may have ended the Pontiac brand, but I've noticed that some aftermarket productscompanies are making kits available to convert new Camaros into "Pontiacs". Trans Am by Heide Performance Products:Firebird by Projx Auto:Trans Am by Lingenfelter:
2005 Frosty
VforVIBE

Re: The Final End to Pontiac (micbarric)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by micbarric »GM may have ended the Pontiac brand, but I've noticed that some aftermarket productscompanies are making kits available to convert new Camaros into "Pontiacs". NNNOOOO.... you missed the best one!!!!Trans AM Depot
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
micbarric

Re: The Final End to Pontiac (VforVIBE)

Post by micbarric »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »NNNOOOO.... you missed the best one!!!!Trans AM Depot I may have missed others also. New versions keep showing up at SEMA.The good news is that the aftermarket people think there is a market for these Pontiac kits. I guess this could be one way to keep Pontiac alive.
2005 Frosty
KNINE

Re: The Final End to Pontiac (micbarric)

Post by KNINE »

I like the one with boots.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
lovemyraffe

Re: The Final End to Pontiac (K-NINE)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I like the one with boots.I didn't even see a car in that pic.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I like the one with boots.I hate to tell you this, but those boots are fake
KNINE

Re: The Final End to Pontiac (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Killjoy
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »KilljoyIt's only fair, when was the last time you saw some cute hunk standing in front of a Trans AM? NEVER! (and no Hoff jokes) I feel deprived every day.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

i was thinking that she needs to get her grimy hand off the car...
http://
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

For the money you would spend on a new Camaro plus the TA conversion kit wouldnt it just make sense to just buy a real Trans Am? I would prefer a 70-73 TA with a beefed up suspension & modern sound system myself......I will have an original screaming chicken hood decal please!!!...LOL
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
VforVIBE

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »For the money you would spend on a new Camaro plus the TA conversion kit wouldnt it just make sense to just buy a real Trans Am? I would prefer a 70-73 TA with a beefed up suspension & modern sound system myself......I will have an original screaming chicken hood decal please!!!...LOLI know what you mean, the Trans AM Depot conversion alone is $26k not including the car.
KNINE

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »I know what you mean, the Trans AM Depot conversion alone is $26k not including the car. I bet you can get a deal on Bumble Bee. The front facia has already been removed.
cptnsolo77

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Thats insane! I have seen restored 70 - 73 TAs starting at 30-40K. For that price I could buy a restored TA drop 10K in mods & have a real show stopper. Sorry I have a passion for the 70-73 Trans am or musclecars in general. The sound of those old big blocks with no emmision controls ( no cats just mufflers ) or computers just do it for me.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Water boy

Post by Water boy »

Buddy of mine had the 455 Super Duty version Trans Am. Put it into gear and turn on the AC and it would not drop 1 RPM. Massive torque. We used to run it hard on the windy roads so much that the edges of the tires were showing the steel.It would shift into 2nd so hard under WOT ... BAAMMMM and you would look in the rear view mirror to see if the rear chunk was wedged in the asphalt.
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »Sorry I have a passion for the 70-73 Trans am or musclecars in general. Rule #1, never apologize.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Bloomberg reports that the Grocery Manufacturers Association, the American Petroleum Institute and other groups have filed a lawsuit against the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), challenging its decision “to allow more corn-based ethanol in gasoline.” The various groups maintain that “EPA lacked the authority to make the decision and will result in higher food costs.”Add to that the money you will spend on lawyers when GM sues you for infringing their copyrights and trademarks.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
DaveGirondaSr

Post by DaveGirondaSr »

None of the posts in this "Final End" forum seem to be aware of the "Last Production Vibe" forum posts, also in the Latest News section. Fantastic story of how it was literally tracked down as the last Vibe GT, only to find it was the last off the line at the NUMMI plant, signed in paint underneath and confirmed on production log. Check it out, happy Vibeing!

Attached files