toyota recalls o5-o7 corollas and matrixes

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
ramenboy...

toyota recalls o5-o7 corollas and matrixes

Post by ramenboy... »

for engine stalling... was o5 the first year for drive by wire?http://content.usatoday.com/co...ing/1hope this wasn't a repost.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
viberoscolo

Re: toyota recalls o5-o7 corollas and matrixes (ramenboy...)

Post by viberoscolo »

The Toyota Recall is for 2005-2008 Matrix and Corolla with the 1ZZ-FE engine. I have a 2005 Vibe with the 1ZZ-FE engine. I called my local GM Dealer, and I called Pontiac, and I even called Toyota. No one knew anything about a recall to replace the ECM's in the Vibe.
renate

Post by renate »

They say they will send out recall notices in mid-September.Its cars with the 1.8 (1ZZ-FE) built between April 2005 and January 2008. My birth certificate for the car puts mine right in there, since it was built in August 2007.When we get the notices we can take the car to any GM dealarship.
Renate and "Babycakes"2008 Stealth/graphite VibeAuto tranny. 16" aluminum wheels,steering wheel cover,front seat covers,Sony stereo w/mp3 jack and satellite ready,Alarm system,proud parent of U.S.Marine magnet
shaeet

Post by shaeet »

http://www.detnews.com/article...Vibesand it affects vibes too!W00t..maybe i can use this to have them fix my cat...or maybe this will fix my P04020 code for good. Its been illuminated since I got the car
04 XRS 2ZZ-GE: Injen CAI, hotchkis sways, sportlines on gr2's, brz rims
(Soon For Sale) 05 Vibe 1ZZ auto, 02 WRX Stage 4, 09 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

My local newspaper, nor the local news even MENTIONED that the Pontiac Vibes were included.But, they did mention in the newspaper, but not the TV news, that the part was MADE IN THE USA by Delphi(sp?) and NOT a TOYOTA partI don't know why Toyota doesn't make this fact more well known, just the gas pedal assembly wasn't a Toyota part, but was designed, engineered, and built in the USA.
lovemyraffe

Re: (Gandalf)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I learned today from my local paper that the Vibe will be included. Does anyone know how long until we can get his taken care of?
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
micbarric

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by micbarric »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »I learned today from my local paper that the Vibe will be included. Does anyone know how long until we can get his taken care of?According to the GM Press Release: "Vibe customers will receive preliminary recall letters in September and a follow-up letter when replacement ECMs are available for their vehicles."
2005 Frosty
nerka

Re: (micbarric)

Post by nerka »

So whats the deal here, its September...has anyone got a recall notice yet? How does this work with us that have bought used between 05 and 08?
nerka

Post by nerka »

According to my local GM dealership they have never heard of any recall and my 07 1.8 Vibe is not on any recall list. WTH is going on?
AskedForIt

Re: (nerka)

Post by AskedForIt »

So, a few days ago the CEL came on in my '05 Vibe and she started kicking when shifting. I called up Pontiac, gave them my vin, and they said no recall. Anyone else call Pontiac yet? Is anyone's Vibe actually included?
lovemyraffe

Re: (AskedForIt)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I haven't heard anything else about it either. I'm hoping that we will hear something soon.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
tdruber

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by tdruber »

I just got my recall letter, see this thread that someone else started and posted an image of the actual letter. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?&id=42568
Moonhowl

Re: toyota recalls o5-o7 corollas and matrixes (ramenboy...)

Post by Moonhowl »

I was very happy to get my letter. On July 2 I took my 2007 in for engine code P2716. The tranny clunked when it shifted. They replaced the PCM and charged me $583 because I was out of warranty. It looks like I will be reimbursed. I have to wait for the actual recall letter to arrive next month, since this was only the announcement letter. I have my receipt and I still have the old PCM in case they need the serial number. It will probably be a while before I get the money, but better late than never.
2007 Vibe 1.8L Platinum FWD Auto Preferred PackageEjector SeatSmoke ScreenOil SlickFront & Rear 7.62 mm MG
nerka

Re: toyota recalls o5-o7 corollas and matrixes (Moonhowl)

Post by nerka »

Got this in the mail today....anyone else from Canada get theirs?

Attached files
Redsvibe

Post by Redsvibe »

Funny but it should cover 04 vibes, because my PCM was faulty because of the same reason the 05-08.
hippiehomemaker

Re: toyota recalls o5-o7 corollas and matrixes

Post by hippiehomemaker »

I know this is an OLD post but I wanted to say thank you SO MUCH to this forum, my 2007 Pontiac vibe popped the P2716 code and was struggling to shift, I called a transmission guy who said i needed a whole new transmission (HAHAHHAAHAHA). I found this forum and read this post and others, bought a PCM/ECM from Flagship One, just replaced it and re synced it and it is magic, no more hard shifting, no weirdness!