Recall done

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
bigdaddyjosh

Recall done

Post by bigdaddyjosh »

Just got my pedal recall done. I feel no difference in the feel of the pedal or anything. Whats funny is the guy at the service department said he hadnt received a single complaint on the Vibe. Service took 30 minutes in and out. I also did not get a recall notice in the mail I just called and was able to make a next day appointment for the work.
Pioneer AVH-P8400BH HU Polk Audio DB-6501 Components Pioneer GM-6400F Amplifier K&N drop-in filter Fiberglass Sub box w/10" Cerwin Vega
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

did the accelerating problem ever happen to you? let us know if it does even after the "fix".
bigdaddyjosh

Re: (northvibe)

Post by bigdaddyjosh »

Nope, never had an unintended accelerator issue. I also asked if the computer was re-flashed to which the reply was that it was not needed.As far as the floor mat recall goes they did say that the temporary fix is to just remove it. Also they mentioned that a re-design is in the works and when it is complete we can come by and pick a new one up for free.
Pioneer AVH-P8400BH HU Polk Audio DB-6501 Components Pioneer GM-6400F Amplifier K&N drop-in filter Fiberglass Sub box w/10" Cerwin Vega
DennisLee

Re: Recall done

Post by DennisLee »

kaiyara wrote:MO what they're going to find: People with slushboxes using their left foot to brake while resting their right on the gas. With the lightness and touchyness of the accelerator, a minor parking lot mistake can turn dangerous real quick!
I'm sure there's a few with a genuine electronic problem, but not the majority!
Plant your heel in front of the gas pedal. Now reach over and catch the gas pedal with the ball of your foot. As you push on the brake, your foot rotates and the right side of your shoe presses on the (very sensitive) gas pedal (or at least that's what happens with my wide size 12's). The harder you push on the brake, the more the engine rev's up. IMHO the real problem with the toyota systems is that they do not have an accelerator cut out for when the brake pedal is pressed.

PS I can also get some of the same effect with our Kia Optima.