(Floor mat recall) How the floor mat interferes with gas pedal

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
star_deceiver

(Floor mat recall) How the floor mat interferes with gas pedal

Post by star_deceiver »

http://www.youtube.com/user/co...SV1OMFor those who either didn't believe it or have never seen it....
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

well if people werent in such a rush and flooring it everywhere it never would have been a problem!
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

This is also common on generic floor mats in all cars when the floor mat does NOT have a hook. It will then slide up and the pedal will get caught the same way. This is why I make sure replacement mats have the hole for the hook.
djkeev

Re: (Floor mat recall) How the floor mat interferes with gas pedal (star_deceiver)

Post by djkeev »

Very interesting. I must confess that I've wondered about how this happens. Most of my floor mat issues have revolved around them bunching up UNDER the pedal and limiting the amount you can depress the pedal, thus being unable to fully accelerate.Thanks for posting that.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Haze

Post by Haze »

Hilarious....its called due dilligence....been going on since the 40s.....any dumbass nowadays that cant figure out their own floor mat shouldnt have a license.
scherry2

Re: (Haze)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by Haze »Hilarious....its called due dilligence....been going on since the 40s.....any dumbass nowadays that cant figure out their own floor mat shouldnt have a license. and the nickle size shim moves the pedal out so it never gets caught on the floor mat? i don't think so.
djkeev

Re: (scherry2)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 » and the nickle size shim moves the pedal out so it never gets caught on the floor mat? i don't think so. I think that you are rolling to "separate" issues together. The floor mat recall simply removed the floor mat. (would (removed) me off big time as an owner) and the nickel sized shim fixes the "sticky" pedal problem. I really think that an electrical issue will soon arise also, in my humbly pessimistic opinion the shim is simply snake oil for a bigger sensor / actuator problem.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
scherry2

Re: (djkeev)

Post by scherry2 »

I'm being sarcastic. talking to GM engineers and they say in GM ECM's is an electric rpm sensor that will shut the motor down in just such an emergency. being it a "floor mat making it stick or a faulty pedal assembly". Toyota must have left that out to cut cost.