Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
CanadaUK

Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota

Post by CanadaUK »

Will the Vibe also be recalled? Has anyone heard anything?
ou.grizzly

Re: Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota (CanadaUK)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by CanadaUK »Will the Vibe also be recalled? Has anyone heard anything?Toyota Matrix is not on either list, so at this point in time the answer is no. Could it change?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Capt.Vibe

Re: Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota (ou.grizzly)

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Toyota Matrix is not on either list, so at this point in time the answer is no. Could it change? I sure hope not. Have you seen the fix? Take a hacksaw to the throttle pedal, install auto brake systems along with revised DBW software, even reshaping of the floor on certain models. I would be VERY apprehensive to let anyone with those intentions within a mile of my Vibe. I'm living with a pretty stiff window crank that I refuse to let the dealer tear open the door panel to fix. At this point, until I experience this sudden acceleration first hand I'll stay put.
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
ColonelPanic

Re: Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota (Capt.Vibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

LOL, hacksaw to the pedal? Pure genius! Might as well break out the duct tape and zip ties, I'm sure they can find a use for those too. As for reshaping, is that beating the floor pan with a sledgehammer to dent it underneath the accelerator? Fortunately they don't seem to be concerned about the Corolla so it seems these cars would be safe. I don't want to think about the grand total of affected vehicles if they have to include the massively selling Corolla, they're already at 3.8 million units affected by this.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
star_deceiver

Re: Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota (CanadaUK)

Post by star_deceiver »

The 09 and 10 Vibes floor mats are attached to the floor with plastic clips.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
TONY TAT2

Re: Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota (star_deceiver)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »The 09 and 10 Vibes floor mats are attached to the floor with plastic clips. My clips are still in the bag & in the glove box,i have a x 'tra mat on top of the factory mat also !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
djkeev

Re: Gas accelerator/floor mat recall for Toyota (TONY TAT2)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by TONY TAT2 »My clips are still in the bag & in the glove box,i have a x 'tra mat on top of the factory mat also !That is an example of irresponsible Dealership PDI if you got them with your new car. Those clips were included for a reason, not to diminish the profits of Toyota. Take a few minutes and put them on. They really do work well in keeping the mat securely in place. They also unhook easily for cleaning.The passenger mat doesn't have these and it is forever crumpled up in unusual places Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)