2009 - 2010 Pontiac Vibe Recalls

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
LaPlanteys2010vibe

2009 - 2010 Pontiac Vibe Recalls

Post by LaPlanteys2010vibe »

Hi everyone, anybody know if this will affect the Pontiac Vibe in this recall? http://network.nationalpost.co....aspxThanksJason
LaPlanteys2010vibe

Re: 2009 - 2010 Pontiac Vibe Recalls (LaPlanteys2010vibe)

Post by LaPlanteys2010vibe »

National Post Toyota Canada is launching a voluntary safety campaign affecting approximately 103,932 of certain 2009/2010 Toyota Corolla and Matrix vehicles sold in Canada. Toyota says it has determined that there is a possibility that ice could accumulate gradually near the suction port for the brake vacuum under certain repeated environmental (below -30C over a sustained period of days and/or weeks) and unique driving conditions (high speed, distance, continued idling) resulting in a heavy brake feel, although brakes will continue to function. In the interest of customer satisfaction, Toyota says it will be asking consumers affected by this campaign to bring their vehicles to their local Toyota dealer where the campaign repairs will be done at no expense to the customer.
09Vibe

Post by 09Vibe »

Don't think so - just had our 09's first oil change at the dealer, says on the invoice 'no recalls present'.
2009 2.4 Litre 5 Speed
kowell

Post by kowell »

Correct me if I'm wrong but does this recall only concern 1.8L model?
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
PMC

Post by PMC »

In the United States the vibe is covered, but I checked Transport Canada's recall database and there is nothing in there for the vibe. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time...My understanding is that it is the 1.8 version only...
spiffy1001

Re: 2009 - 2010 Pontiac Vibe Recalls (PMC)

Post by spiffy1001 »

08-09 1.8 L Vibes sold in the following states. ALASKA, COLORADO, IDAHO, ILLINOIS IOWA, KANSAS, MAINE, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW YORK, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, WISCONSIN, AND WYOMING.I live in Houston, not too worried about driving long distances in consistent temps of 22 below 0. From http://www.internetautoguide.c....htmlTOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008-2009 SCION XD AND MY 2009-2010 COROLLA, COROLLA MATRIX AND PONTIAC VIBE VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 1.8L ENGINE AND ORIGINALLY SOLD IN OR CURRENTLY REGISTERED IN THE STATES OF ALASKA, COLORADO, IDAHO, ILLINOIS IOWA, KANSAS, MAINE, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW YORK, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, WISCONSIN, AND WYOMING. WHEN DRIVING UNDER CERTAIN UNIQUE CONDITIONS IN EXTREMELY LOW AMBIENT TEMPERATURES, THE INTAKE MANIFOLD SUCTION PORT FOR THE BRAKE VACUUM CAN BECOME LOCKED DUE TO THE FREEZING OF CONDENSATION RESULTING FROM POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION.
'09 Base with slight damage in the back.
jerseymike68

Post by jerseymike68 »

LaPlanteys2010vibe: thanks for the post.. I think it will not affect...
good vibrations 09

Post by good vibrations 09 »

Just got a letter from GM of a Safety recall for my 2009 VIBE. It was for a brake vacum some sort. Went to the dealership to get this done and they were not aware of the safety recall. I think they are slow getting the info. However; let me tell you, I dont' think I will be dealing with them again, if/when I do get another car.
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...got our recall notice last weekend, and called on Monday to schedule an appointment with our selling dealership (ex-Pontiac)...and I specifically asked if they had the "parts" and was told "don't know, but bring it in anyway," so I scheduled an appointment for this morning at 0730 (ugh!)....and guess what? Nobody here knew ANYTHING about this recall...nothing about what it was, what it entailed, nor what was needed. 2 hours wasted!...so, they "ordered" the parts, which might be here next week(?!?). For those who are interested, here's what my copy of the worksheet says: 09222 BRAKE VACUUM INTAKE MANIFOLD SUCTION PORT MAY FREEZE. BRAKE VACUUM LINE MODIFICATION REQUIRED. RECALL 09222. KIT ON ORDER.FP-PARTNUMBER: 19205281 ... ATTACHMENT 3.336 (WARRANTY).
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
BaseWhiteVibe

Re: 2009 - 2010 Pontiac Vibe Recalls

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

SOOOO as some of you may know I purchased a vehicle that was at one point from Texas. NOW the vehicle is in Michigan, I ACTUALLY REPLICATED THIS ISSUE THIS MORNING!

So this morning it was a nice and cold 32° F outside, luckily I park my car in the garage so no big deal. I decided that it would be a good idea to go to the car wash this morning as I do every week. At the end of the wash a Hydraulic hose exploded RIGHT OVER MY DANG CAR showering it with hydraulic fluid. So as a countermeasure the guy working at the wash sent me to their robot wash over and over a total of 6 times to get most of the oil off the paint. As I was pulling out and started driving down the road I noticed that my brake pedal got hard as a rock and it was hard trying to stop the car! Imagine the feeling when your car runs out of gas and someone is pushing you and you hit the brake, well it felt exactly like that! I popped the hood making sure nothing was out of the ordinary and all looked fine. As I started driving the problem went away and the brake pedal was back to normal.

Now go back a few months, I call up a dealer to confirm the bulletin. They assure me that my car isn't involved in this bulletin, but if something comes up to call them back up. In addition I called the GM hotline as well and am now waiting to see what they think. One big issue is that my car was not originally sold or registered in Michigan, it is now but wasn't before August of this year. I checked on NHTSA's website and low and behold there is a letter of acceptance from Toyota to NHTSA showing which vins were effected and on which vehicles. Guess what, my car is right under the Vibe heading and the VIN is in fact between the range. It was NOT a pleasant drive this morning, it made me uncomfortable!
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!