XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
Bikerscum

Post by Bikerscum »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200...iusxm So much for my lifetime Sirius subscripttion.
ColonelPanic

Re: XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection (Bikerscum)

Post by ColonelPanic »

I figured it was bound to happen sooner or later. Both satellite companies were bleeding from the get-go... Which is why I don't understand why Sirius was thought it was such a great business decision to double the pile of poo they had to deal with by consuming another company with the same problems. The price tag attached to Stern isn't helping, and the same likely goes for Oprah and Martha. I doubt any of them brought in enough subs to cover the bloated paychecks. The only good (for them) thing they got out of the deal was a monopoly so they can screw their customers by providing crappier content at an increased price... I really don't want to see them go, they're still a decent alternative to the evil corporations who have ruined terrestrial to the nth degree. I hope this isn't the end, but instead a fresh start. We'll see how this goes. Maybe it would have been better to just see them merge with Echostar before they got to the point where they had to resort to this. *shrug*I picked a good time to upgrade my car stereo to something I can play mp3's with and can connect the iPod to.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

eh good thing i cancelled mine =/
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
jake75

Re: (lowincash)

Post by jake75 »

I got a call from XM tonight obviously for the purpose of selling me a sub after my 3 month free trial is over. From all of the background noise you could tell it was a call center. I just told them I hadn't even tried it yet - that I didn't spend much time in my car, and often do not even listen to radio when driving. Those are actually true statements. I only subscribe to basic cable TV too. If XM/Sirius goes belly up, a better business model might be to make the sub free or very low cost with major local radio stations paying to use their system. If all could covert to this it would save a lot of antenna expense. Could possibly be used by police and fire.I saw Howard Stern's wife on TV tonight. She is extremely attractive and seemed normal but obviously is attracted to fame and fortune as I can see no other reason she would be hooked up with Stern.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
KNINE

Re: (jake75)

Post by KNINE »

I think the government should bail them out. At least then I could get some small satifaction from the 800 billion dollar ponzi scheme.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
lc9063

Post by lc9063 »

I may wind up getting hit at both ends. I have a subscription AND I own some SiriusXM stock! Goodbye money....Hello long term capital loss deduction.
Louis 2009 Carbon Grey Metallic AWD, Sun & Sound, 17" wheels, Theft deterent, etc.
ColonelPanic

Re: (lc9063)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Good grief, I feel for you having that stock. It's been pitiful for some time now, but today it dropped to 5 cents a share. They sure have ran that company into the ground.

Attached files

Image Image
lc9063

Post by lc9063 »

Number of Shares 486.5779Orig. Cost $956.34Mkt Value 02/12/09 $34.16% Decline 96.43%Still, I like the service and hope that if they do go into bankruptcy then they can work through it.
Louis 2009 Carbon Grey Metallic AWD, Sun & Sound, 17" wheels, Theft deterent, etc.
KNINE

Re: (lc9063)

Post by KNINE »

I'll die without my Sirius. No more Hair Nation, NFL Radio, Fox News, The Patriot. I can't go back to regular radio. I can't!!!!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ColonelPanic

Re:

Post by ColonelPanic »

So, who's it gonna be that consumes them? Dish Network or DirecTV? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29163641/I think we'll know more on the 17th when their bills come due...

Image Image
KNINE

Re: Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by KNINE »

I hope directv. Maybe I can get some kind of package deal.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

What ever happened with the Dish/DirecTV merger?
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

A variety of sources on the internets have been saying over the last few minutes that Sirius XM is close to a deal with DirecTV. http://www.rbr.com/radio/12931.htmlI don't know what the DirecTV deal what this would mean for Dish which has consumed a lot of Sirius debt... Me thinks Mel was on a mission to screw the Dish guy! And there are talks if Sirius does file bankruptcy that they should kick Mel to the curb. Who knows... Stay tuned tomorrow for sure.

Image Image
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

canceled my SIRIUS account AGAIN before it renews on 1/25/12....Subscription Fee $159.39Music Royalty Fee $15.62offered me a promotion rate of $90 for a year, also turned that down$5 a month sounds like a good rate to me with this economy especially lolthat would put it at around like 17 cents a day I remember when my original XM radio that came with the car offered free XM online with a paid radio subscription, ashame they try to charge you additional monthly fee for online listening now too
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Im only in my car for 1/2 hr comute to & from work. STERN would have to pay me to listen anyway,I can't tolerate him.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
tpollauf

Re: XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection (waveresponder)

Post by tpollauf »

I was going to extend one of our GM vehicle's XM subscriptions BUT noticed when I logged into my account that I'm good till May 2012 on the Wife's G8GT, and Nov 2012 on Juniors Vibe GT I want to thank whoever you are out there for covering me on this one I haven't made a payment to them since July 2011 and it was only $30 something at that. I checked my CC statements since July and NO payments at all. Guess I won't contact them again till sometime this May Hmmmmmm .... Loyalty has it's privelages
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Damn! I wanted to get sirius radio after my speaker updrade.....im going to install some Polk DBs this weekend in prep for satellite radio....
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
trb

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »Damn! I wanted to get sirius radio after my speaker updrade.....im going to install some Polk DBs this weekend in prep for satellite radio....This is an OLD thread, they are still in business almost 3 years later.I wonder how long the account on my new Vibe will be good. Apparently the prior owner prepaid for a while, and they haven't cancelled it. They sold the car to the dealer back in October. I guess one day it will just stop working, or do they get the new owner info from GM? I like it, there are a few stations I listen to, but I won't pay more than $5 or so a month for it.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
06pvibe

Re: XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection (TONY TAT2)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by TONY TAT2 »I'm only in my car for 1/2 hr commute to & from work. STERN would have to pay me to listen anyway,I can't tolerate him. Same here, and I have never liked Howard Stern though there have been times when curiosity has gotten the better of me. Then I'd listen for a bit only to reiterate my feelings about his so-called brand of entertainment. I remember back in the early '90's when he was on K-ROCK, NYC, he was picked up by WMMR in Philadelphia. There was a lot of controversy, so he said (on air) to give him a chance. Listen for two weeks. I gave up after two days. Same boring, idiodic banter, and most about how the FCC was so unfair to him. Just as with anyone that applies for an FCC license, he knew the rules going in but tried to push the barrier, then whined about getting into trouble for it. That was his whole show!! Really??And these days, I don't listen to commercial radio either. Too many commercials for a little bit o' music that I may, or may not want to hear anyway. This coming from a guy that used to work in radio and thought of making a career out of it at one time!! In fact I hardly ever turn on the radio/stereo at all anymore, and if I do its to hear one of my own CDs.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Like many commercials businesses open to the public, we get sat radio piped in on the overhead all day/night long. There rotation seems to be 24hrs + 5 because you hear the same songs at roughly the same time every day!! Would I want to pay for that? Why would any one want to pay for that?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
star_deceiver

Re: XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection (06pvibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe » Would I want to pay for that? Why would any one want to pay for that? For me:1) Commercial free!!!2) No censorship on language or content!!!3) I've learned about so many different metal bands that otherwise, I'd never have known existed!4) The cost per month is negligable at best... I easily spend much more at Starbucks in a month!5) I don't listen to the generic @@@@ and fortunatly the channel I listen to most often doesn't repeat until really early in the morning. But then again, I don't listen to it all day.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »For me:1) Commercial free!!!2) No censorship on language or content!!!3) I've learned about so many different metal bands that otherwise, I'd never have known existed!4) The cost per month is negligable at best... I easily spend much more at Starbucks in a month!5) I don't listen to the generic @@@@ and fortunatly the channel I listen to most often doesn't repeat until really early in the morning. But then again, I don't listen to it all day.I agree. I have the Mostly Music Package which is only $9.99 a month. It comes out to $33.21 every three months. To me this is not a bad price at all. I could think of worse things to spend $10.00 a month on.As Ryan said, the channels I listen to don't seem to repeat the same songs during the day. Heck, I even listen to Sirius on my TV (through Dish network) at night and never really hear songs I heard earlier in the day. The channels I listen to never have commercials either which is awesome. The one I listen to the most (channel 39 - Hair Nation) plays 2-3 songs in a row, with a few seconds break where the DJ says something, then it's right back to 2-3 more songs. I couldn't be happier with SiriusXM.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jake75

Re: XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection (star_deceiver)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »For me:1) Commercial free!!!2) No censorship on language or content!!!3) I've learned about so many different metal bands that otherwise, I'd never have known existed!4) The cost per month is negligable at best... I easily spend much more at Starbucks in a month!5) I don't listen to the generic @@@@ and fortunatly the channel I listen to most often doesn't repeat until really early in the morning. But then again, I don't listen to it all day.Why I don't want to pay for that.1) Commercials don't bother me as much as spending the money.2) No real interest in hearing obscene content or language3) I do not enjoy heavy metal bands or rap.4) The cost per month is still a waste of money... I don't patronize overpriced yuppy establishments like Starbucks either.5) While I often don't even turn the radio on, if I want to I can find plenty of free content to satisfy my needs. Also - have a good CDcollection acquired over 50+ years for music.The money I saved over the years by not wasting it on things like XM radio I put into retirement accounts that now can provide me over $50,000 a year in income.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
06pvibe

Re: XM/Sirius about to file for bankruptcy protection (jake75)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »For me:1) Commercial free!!!2) No censorship on language or content!!!3) I've learned about so many different metal bands that otherwise, I'd never have known existed!4) The cost per month is negligible at best... I easily spend much more at Starbucks in a month!5) I don't listen to the generic @@@@ and fortunately the channel I listen to most often doesn't repeat until really early in the morning. But then again, I don't listen to it all day.Quote, originally posted by jake75 »Why I don't want to pay for that.1) Commercials don't bother me as much as spending the money.2) No real interest in hearing obscene content or language3) I do not enjoy heavy metal bands or rap.4) The cost per month is still a waste of money... I don't patronize overpriced yuppie establishments like Starbucks either.5) While I often don't even turn the radio on, if I want to I can find plenty of free content to satisfy my needs. Also - have a good CDcollection acquired over 50+ years for music.The money I saved over the years by not wasting it on things like XM radio I put into retirement accounts that now can provide me over $50,000 a year in income. You both make some good points, both for and against. I can respect your points of view. And I can understand the commercial free aspect of sat radio. We too have Dish network TV, Carrie, and have sat radio available to us on it. But I too will stick w/my CDs, the occasional search into commercial radio and stay away from over priced coffee houses. I can make a whole pot of it the way I like it at home, take a whole Thermos with me to work and share it with my coworkers, which I do. They like my coffee as well, and it doesn't cost $2.00- $4.50 a cup either.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Wow...the great debate over sat radio...LOL. Personally I think its great. My entire collection of music is still on CD. I dont have the time to convert all if it to whatever the new format is. The appeal of satellite radio ( to me ) is the opportunity to hear different styles or genres that you wouldnt normally hear on commercial radio. My CD collection goes back quite a bit...but as for me I would like to hear something different. I dont care what style or what country it originates. As a ametuer musician I have a curiousity to listen to something other than the library of music I have listened over the last 25 years. For me its great to hear something new, fresh & inspiring. Price? I can be as frugal as the next person, dont buy coffe at starbucks...and Sirius has a La Carte subscription for 6.99 a month & you can choose your stations. Thats cheaper than netflix if you stream. As with with everything its personal preference....makes sense?
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
vibenvy

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »Wow...the great debate over sat radio...LOL. Personally I think its great. My entire collection of music is still on CD. I dont have the time to convert all if it to whatever the new format is. The appeal of satellite radio ( to me ) is the opportunity to hear different styles or genres that you wouldnt normally hear on commercial radio. My CD collection goes back quite a bit...but as for me I would like to hear something different. I dont care what style or what country it originates. As a ametuer musician I have a curiousity to listen to something other than the library of music I have listened over the last 25 years. For me its great to hear something new, fresh & inspiring. Price? I can be as frugal as the next person, dont buy coffe at starbucks...and Sirius has a La Carte subscription for 6.99 a month & you can choose your stations. Thats cheaper than netflix if you stream. As with with everything its personal preference....makes sense?Glad to hear I'm not the only one who still has, and listens to, CDs . I don't own an iPod or MP3 player or any of those other new-fangled, fancy music players. Like you said, this is why I love satellite radio. It has opened my eyes to many new bands that I would have never otherwise heard and it has given me a newfound respect and love of some bands I never thought I'd like.I may have to look into the a la carte thing since I pretty much only listen to the same 6 channels all the time. I'm a creature of habit, what can I say ?
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

How can I tell if the radio in my base 1SA is capable of receiving XM/Sirius signals?
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I too have XM AND listen to my CD's. I hardly ever hook up my iPhone via aux cord. I find it way to distracting trying to flip through my songs. Now, on cars that I can plug it directly into the phone via USB and I can operate it through the radio, then I'll do that.. 'cause I love my Pandora!
star_deceiver

Re: (Capt.Vibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by Capt.Vibe »How can I tell if the radio in my base 1SA is capable of receiving XM/Sirius signals?It's not. You'll have to get a sat. radio and find a place to put it. Mines on the lower left of the windshield!
csxt8058

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by csxt8058 »

I'd be lost without my Sirius/XM. I can't stand radio commercials and constant talking with no purpose other than to waste time.I really need to actually look at the nice channel guide I have...I also have a habit of staying on only four channels...I need to diversify a bit. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
star_deceiver

Re: (csxt8058)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »...I need to diversify a bit.Have a listen to "Road dog Trucking." I think it;s around channel 140 last I checked on sirius. Mainly talk about all aspects of the industry. Lots of politics, rants about cars and such.I don't usually stray too far from 3 or 4 different channels.
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Have a listen to "Road dog Trucking." I think it;s around channel 140 last I checked on sirius. Mainly talk about all aspects of the industry. Lots of politics, rants about cars and such.I don't usually stray too far from 3 or 4 different channels.Cool! I'll have to check that out on the way to work tomorrow. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
trb

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by Capt.Vibe »How can I tell if the radio in my base 1SA is capable of receiving XM/Sirius signals?Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »It's not. You'll have to get a sat. radio and find a place to put it. Mines on the lower left of the windshield!I thought all 2009-2010 Vibe models had XM as standard since that is what the 2009 dealer brochure says and they all have the XM antenna? Maybe GM decided to drop it from the very basic models?
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
star_deceiver

Re: (trb)

Post by star_deceiver »

All American Vibes have it. Not all Canadian Vibes came with it.
trb

Post by trb »

Ah, so GM shortchanged you guys. Bummer.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
star_deceiver

Re: (trb)

Post by star_deceiver »

No, we got the immobilizer standard across all models...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »I also have a habit of staying on only four channelsQuote, originally posted by star_deceiver »I don't usually stray too far from 3 or 4 different channels.And here I was feeling bad because I only listen to 6 different channels !80s on channel 890s on channel 9Pop2k on channel 14Love on channel 17The Boneyard on channel 38Hair Nation on channel 39I typically end up listening to Hair Nation most of the time because I'm stuck in the 80s as far as music goes !
star_deceiver

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by star_deceiver »

Liquid Metal - 40Octane - 37Lithium - 34Faction - 41On long road trips I'll sometimes listen to the comedy stations or Road Dog Trucking... sometimes...
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

Internet Radio Rules!!!!Beatles 24 hours / eight days a week !I found at least six stations playing themThousands to select from.....on Itunes and Windows player.FREE FREE FREE
star_deceiver

Re: (ParknVibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

I've got Chronix radio on my desktop! But there's no internet in the car
trb

Post by trb »

I've used the "I heart radio" Android app on a few trips we've taken to listen to some stations, and plugged my phone into the radio input. I already have unlimited internet through Verizon on my phone, so it works out OK for me as long as I have a signal. But it is not as easy to change stations though.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »And here I was feeling bad because I only listen to 6 different channels !80s on channel 890s on channel 9Pop2k on channel 14Love on channel 17The Boneyard on channel 38Hair Nation on channel 39I typically end up listening to Hair Nation most of the time because I'm stuck in the 80s as far as music goes !The Boneyard Hair Nation OctaneLithiumNFLFOX newsFOX radioPatriotI'm a conservative metal head!
tpollauf

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by tpollauf »

Interesting how this post turned into a "survey of sorts" For me:Deep tracksHair nationAlt nationSirius XMUChill (nighttime only) good sleeping music
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »The Boneyard Hair NationQuote, originally posted by tpollauf »Hair nationChill (nighttime only) good sleeping music Good taste guys !Tim, another good "sleeping music" channel is Spa .
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »All American Vibes have it. Not all Canadian Vibes came with it.I thought all Canadian Vibes had it also. My stock radio has a "CAT" button that when pressed while playing FM radio displays "XM Only Feature". Does that mean I have it or not?
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Good taste guys !Tim, another good "sleeping music" channel is Spa .Not so good for listening in the car.
star_deceiver

Re: (Capt.Vibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

You don't have it. If you had it, that button would probably take you to the preview channel and give you info on how to sign up. My radio does exactly the same thing when I push that button.
ParknVibe

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by ParknVibe »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »The Boneyard Hair Nation OctaneLithiumNFLFOX newsFOX radioPatriotI'm a conservative metal head!On XM I enjoyed listening to the 40's big bands on channel 4. However when I received the last two free turn on of XM the channel was not on. Can anyone tell me why?
vibenvy

Re: (ParknVibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Tim, another good "sleeping music" channel is Spa Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Not so good for listening in the car.I listen to Spa sometimes at night while trying to fall asleep. We have it on our TV through Dish Network .Quote, originally posted by ParknVibe »On XM I enjoyed listening to the 40's big bands on channel 4. However when I received the last two free turn on of XM the channel was not on. Can anyone tell me why?Since it's free, they probably limit what channels you can access.
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

Yup I have XM turned on in my Vibe. It is one of the few things I splurge on. The radio channel selection in my area sucks and all they do is talk talk and talk some more. Plus the music they do play also sucks(you only need to have watched the recent grammys to see that music has really degraded over the last 10-15 year)I usually listen to the following1. MLB for the baseball games in the spring through fall2. 80's on 83. 90's on 94. HairnationAs for MP3 players, I gave up the CD's in the car bit when I had to slam on the brakes to stop and the CD's went sliding off the seat and everywhere. This was in a older car with no CD holder or center console. Since then I use an iPod for the car.I find it easier to keep an iPod in the car then worrying about CD'sIn fact the iPod use is one of the things I look for in a car. If I cannot play an iPod in the car with the stock radio or i cannot upgrade the radio to an aftermarket radio with iPod control without doing fifty million things to the car to do so(GM likes to have all their crap like chimes and onstar come out of the radio) then I will pass over the car. I know it might be a stupid thing to pass over a car for BUT I spend more time in the car each year then at home so I will not accept a deficient audio situation where I cannot play my music on my iPod. I did not drink the Apple Kool-aid nor am I a Apple fanboy, I am just somebody that feels the iPod is very practical