Pontiac Performance Magazine Spring 2008

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
TraySeeLea

Pontiac Performance Magazine Spring 2008

Post by TraySeeLea »

I just received my spring magazine today....and my picture is HUGE!....I guess I did not really have a choice as to which picture the photographer chose of me.....but oh well...maybe I can ask the photographer for a copy of the other pictures he took but the magazine did not use.
Quote, originally posted by 4X4CHICHI »Oh the power of a pretty blonde...lol
KNINE

Re: Pontiac Performance Magazine Spring 2008 (TraySeeLea)

Post by KNINE »

You should post it. I never get those magazines anymore.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

my what big teeth you have.... jk looking forward to seeeeeing it
mspalmer

Post by mspalmer »

I received mine yesterday and it was a huge picture and a good article to go with it. The whole magazine had a good portion of it devoted to the 2009 Vibe.
2005 Platinum AWDMoons and TunesXM RadioLLumar Window TintingWeathertech ventshauling my Taylor 410 w/Fishman pickup and Gibson SG guitars
Kamikaze

Re: Pontiac Performance Magazine Spring 2008 (mspalmer)

Post by Kamikaze »

I just got mine... What no mention of Genvibe?It is a nice article.Click on image for larger view:
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Got mine yesterday; congratulations! It's a great picture. Bummer about no "GenVibe" mention, but still a nice article.Sea Glass, eh? Care to start on "off-topic" on your hobby?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

very cool. I remember when they did mine. I still have it in our display case/trophy case downstairs. All the subie guys think it's wierd we have our Vibe shrine, but hey, no Vibe = no us. it's our history.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

"boots with the furrrrr".... ....just got it in the mail on saturday...gonna read it at work tomorrow....
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

uh so lame i never got one of those mag's :/ anyway nice pic I only miss the vibe when i feel to tired or sick to shift hahaha.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Got mine a few days ago... good lookin' article.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yep, never got one either, except for the one with my article. and that's only because the writer sent me a couple copies and one of the GVC members sent me his as a favor.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
KNINE

Re: (ToolGuy)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by ToolGuy »Note to Pontiac Performance Magazine editors, I WANT TO BE IN THE MAGAZINE PLEASE! Maybe if you looked like TraySeeLea. How do you look in furry boots?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ToolGuy

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Maybe if you looked like TraySeeLea. How do you look in furry boots? Sure, whatever it takes!
CoolAKid

Post by CoolAKid »

Just got mine today. Great picture and a great article. Congratulations!I'd definitely stick with the '06, though (same year as mine). Still not too sure about those '09's...
"...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that Heavenly Glory..."'06 Base Platinum Two-Tone. Automatic. Manual doors and windows. Old style factory crossbars AND GM Utility Bars. Old style center console lid. All-weather front floormats. Rear bumper fascia protector. Drawtite hitch.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i think it'd be great if we all got into the pontiac mag...say..at the epic meet??
bigbill25

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by bigbill25 »

What kind of camera is that? Looks like a Minolta XG-A...--Bill
Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

Great pick, do Pontiac dealers have this mag? I've never heard of it. I would of payed more attention in school if I had a teacher like that, lol had to throw in the immature comment, meant no disrespect.
waveresponder

Re: Pontiac Performance Magazine Spring 2008 (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by waveresponder »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »Sea Glass, eh? Care to start on "off-topic" on your hobby?yah that sounds pretty cool...care to tell us some more bout it?
Herb

Re: Pontiac Performance Magazine Spring 2008 (K-NINE)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »You should post it. I never get those magazines anymore. I haven't seen one in years, but that may have more to do with moving and not figuring out who to tell my address had changed.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
TraySeeLea

Post by TraySeeLea »

Looks like people got their magazines...The editor/guy who wrote the article went a little askew with the whole shipwreck thing in Lake Ontario...as there aren't like major ship wrecks there....but I guess that's what you get when the guy who wrote the article has never been to upstate NY.....overall it was a great article....my favorite part was the cheesy heading of "school teacher gives vibe high marks" haha....creative
trayseelea'sboy

Post by trayseelea'sboy »

Looks good Tracy.
Martin
Mavrik

Re: (trayseelea'sboy)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by trayseelea’sboy »Looks good Tracy. you'd better be saying something positive LOLnever recieved any pontiac material from them the whole time I owned my Vibe. ah well.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Re: (TraySeeLea)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by TraySeeLea »Looks like people got their magazines...The editor/guy who wrote the article went a little askew with the whole shipwreck thing in Lake Ontario...as there aren't like major ship wrecks there....but I guess that's what you get when the guy who wrote the article has never been to upstate NY.....overall it was a great article....my favorite part was the cheesy heading of "school teacher gives vibe high marks" haha....creative that's ok, In my article, he had me quoted saying all kinds of ridiculously cheesy things that I'd NEVER say. LOL. guess it's to spice up the article?? I don't know.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
TraySeeLea

Post by TraySeeLea »

haha yeah....oh well....it is a good laugh.
TraySeeLea

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by TraySeeLea »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »you'd better be saying something positive LOLnever recieved any pontiac material from them the whole time I owned my Vibe. ah well.Martin isn't my boyfriend anymore so you don't have to worry about him saying positive things toward me ha ha
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by TraySeeLea »Martin isn't my boyfriend anymore so you don't have to worry about him saying positive things toward me ha haoh oh... you better watch out... I know there's some lurkers just around the corner!!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol, you wouldnt be the first to say that kamikaze
asburydan

Post by asburydan »

Something's going on. I got my first Pontiac Performance today -Spring 2008 issue with an '09 red Vibe on cover - and Tracy, you are not in it. Could there be regional editions. Based on earlier posts, I looked through it first to find your photo/article. I have been through it page by page and you are not in there. ????? The "Pontiac Intelligence Owner Profile in mine is a Pittsburgh gal in a Solstise. I live in the Southern US.
asburydan - moved from Vibe to 5th Mustang.
CoolAKid

Re: (asburydan)

Post by CoolAKid »

I live in North Central Florida, and the article was in mine. You got rooked, man!
"...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that Heavenly Glory..."'06 Base Platinum Two-Tone. Automatic. Manual doors and windows. Old style factory crossbars AND GM Utility Bars. Old style center console lid. All-weather front floormats. Rear bumper fascia protector. Drawtite hitch.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by TraySeeLea »Martin isn't my boyfriend anymore so you don't have to worry about him saying positive things toward me ha haLOL well, then watch out! LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
TraySeeLea

Post by TraySeeLea »

Quote, originally posted by asburydan »Something's going on. I got my first Pontiac Performance today -Spring 2008 issue with an '09 red Vibe on cover - and Tracy, you are not in it. Could there be regional editions. Based on earlier posts, I looked through it first to find your photo/article. I have been through it page by page and you are not in there. ????? The "Pontiac Intelligence Owner Profile in mine is a Pittsburgh gal in a Solstise. I live in the Southern US.hmmm....sounds fishy....my picture is too huge to miss...haha...I kind of wish it wasn't so big....they might as well have just done an extreme close-up of my face --yikes
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

As usual you'll be your harshest critic... your photo looks fine.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by asburydan »Something's going on. I got my first Pontiac Performance today -Spring 2008 issue with an '09 red Vibe on cover - and Tracy, you are not in it. Could there be regional editions. Based on earlier posts, I looked through it first to find your photo/article. I have been through it page by page and you are not in there. ????? The "Pontiac Intelligence Owner Profile in mine is a Pittsburgh gal in a Solstise. I live in the Southern US.The issues are vehicle-dependent. When you register, you should have noted that you were a Vibe owner. Apparently, they think you've got a Soltice.
trayseelea'sboy

Re: (ToolGuy)

Post by trayseelea'sboy »

I have no sig, so idk what your talking about.
Martin
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

congrats on being in the mag, maybe i'll get lucky and get the issue. i read it from Kami's pic, the article was great. you've finished your master's already and your still 23? congrats on the master's
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

got my rag today... couldn't miss your mug... at least they could have gotten the car in the shot LOL BTW... find any more glass... lol but I didn't see one mention of genvibe.com. maybe i just missed I meen there was this HUGE photo of a cute blond next to the articial. It was very distracting.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

i bet they put the pic over the full page genvibe logo and ad
tribalman

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by tribalman »

what's the url to sign up for the mag? i was doing a search and found one i think was the site, but not sure exactly.
None. Vibe is gone.
TraySeeLea

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by TraySeeLea »

Quote, originally posted by coldmm803 »congrats on being in the mag, maybe i'll get lucky and get the issue. i read it from Kami's pic, the article was great. you've finished your master's already and your still 23? congrats on the master'sYeah I never took any breaks from school....just kept on going.And...yeah there was like none of my vibe in the picture....I mean we did take a lot of full length shots....(of the vibe + me)....but I guess they didn't want that I test drove a '09 vibe gt tonight....pretty cool.....but I think they are asking too much for it...so I am sad.
jimincalif

Post by jimincalif »

I got mine today - great picture. You mean there was an article too? Must have missed that! Interesting that I never received the mag (or anything at all) from GM recognizing I owned the first Vibe. But now that I've bought the second I'm on the mailing list.I think dealership #1 never turned in my info to GM cause they knew they would have been slammed on the post-purchase survey.
"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill---------------------------------Who is John Galt?2 Vibes, 03GT & 07 base (kids drive)1993 Lexus LS4001980 Fiat Spider
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Cool thanks for posting the article. I have never seen the mag up here good read.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
KNINE

Re: (jimincalif)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by jimincalif »I think dealership #1 never turned in my info to GM cause they knew they would have been slammed on the post-purchase survey.I slammed my dealership hard on that survey. I was disappointed that nobody ever contacted me. I guess once they got my money, nobody cared if I was happy. I got my revenge by steering potential customers to other Pontiac dealerships.I just got my magazine today. I can't believe there was no mention of genvibe.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (tribalman)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »what's the url to sign up for the mag? i was doing a search and found one i think was the site, but not sure exactly.http://www.mygmmagazine.com/wfLogin.aspxYou'll need your VIN to get started....