GM employee discount for all

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
kharman

GM employee discount for all

Post by kharman »

apparently the employee discount for everyone campaign is working for GM...CNN reported today that sales rose 41%, and that some dealers are having difficulty filling orders because of availability...maybe my dad, who worked for GM for 36 years, will be secure in his pension after all...at least for awhile...
VibeRyan

Re: GM employee discount for all (kharman)

Post by VibeRyan »

Is this the appropriate forum for this discussion?
merckx56

Re: GM employee discount for all (VibeRyan)

Post by merckx56 »

No.
2004 Vibe GT 6 speed2006 Ridley DamoclesMen have three basic needs...eating, sleeping, and (removed), and I can do all three in my car...by myself!!!
ArcsVibe

Re: GM employee discount for all (merckx56)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by merckx56 »No.Switched to Latest News
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

kharman

Re: GM employee discount for all (VibeRyan)

Post by kharman »

Quote, originally posted by VibeRyan »Is this the appropriate forum for this discussion?no, but neither are half the other topics in here...
GMJAP

Re: GM employee discount for all (kharman)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by kharman »apparently the employee discount for everyone campaign is working for GM...CNN reported today that sales rose 41%, and that some dealers are having difficulty filling orders because of availability...maybe my dad, who worked for GM for 36 years, will be secure in his pension after all...at least for awhile...I wouldn't bet on it. GM's gonna do everything they can to jettison the plan. It's apparently all the rage nowadays....
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
scherry2

Re: GM employee discount for all (GMJAP)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by GMJAP »I wouldn't bet on it. GM's gonna do everything they can to jettison the plan. It's apparently all the rage nowadays....OOPS. getting political now we have to move it to another forum.and for a reply:don't count the UAW out just yet..... GM may have their ideas but to put those ideas into practice may be a little more difficult.
vibebob

Post by vibebob »

I got my Vibe with the GM employee discount and a little more haggle. base with auto, power windows, remote door locks, cruise, they threw in the rear mat and cargo net for $15,300.
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Actually, I doubt GM 'wants' to end it, as it is giving them a potload of press, and it's assisting dealers in getting rid of '05 inventory, making room for the General to slap '06 products on their lots. This is just a different approach (and earlier than normal) to year end clearance. What GM wants is to get out of the rebate game.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I think they have extended the program till August. Now Chrysler and Ford have jumped on the bandwagon
jeffgtx

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by jeffgtx »

i think he means they want to end the pension plan.
JeffGTX's Shades Of Gray Pontiac Armada:Cool: 2008 Solstice GXP ConvertibleSly: 2009 Solstice GXP CoupeMaverick: 2009 G8 GXP
Luna

Post by Luna »

When I was car-shopping, I was eligible for GMS pricing but it wasn't a good enough deal for me to afford a brand new Vibe. I couldn't believe some of the great purchase prices I saw on this site!GM employee pricing used to be a lot better, several years ago. You haggled, then got a discount on top of it. The current discount is a nice one to give to the general public, but IMHO wasn't that great of an employee/family price. If you can afford to give the general public your employee price, then your employees aren't getting that great of a deal.
2003 Satellite (monotone), new to me in Feb. '05
McVibe

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by McVibe »

I know I hate it when every car company wants in on something so they just copy others! Get your own idea Ford! and chrysler i guess too!
2004 Vibe Base Cosmo Racing CAI (Orange) Eurolite Xenon Headlights, foglights, reverse light, Licence Plate Lights and Dome Lights:star: JVC KD-DV5100 Headunit 7" Sharp LCD 2 12" Legacy 500w Subwoofers 400w Legacy Amp Custom Bult Sub box 3 Pillar pod Gauges Painted Engine Cover Jom Billet Aluminum Stubby Anntena
iDahoVibe

Post by iDahoVibe »

This can't be good for the resale/trade-in value ...not that I'm ready to get rid of my Vibe.
2004.Base.Vibe,