GM news taken from autoextremist.com

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
ToolGuy

GM news taken from autoextremist.com

Post by ToolGuy »

In the last two weeks, GM has been bringing in journalists and analysts to the GM Design Dome at their Technical Center in Warren, Michigan, for one-on-one sessions to view most of their upcoming products for the next 30 months. Though we can't provide anything more than sketchy details, suffice to say, anyone counting GM out at this point will be surprised, make that shocked, at the array of new cars and trucks they have in the pipeline. Most impressive was the attention paid to the design of their interiors across the board, something that has been long overdue. And the new products are, in most cases, jaw-droppingly beautiful in their execution and details. Cadillac will continue to gain momentum, with a handsome new Escalade and a stunning new CTS that will flat-out reassert GM's design leadership in the industry. It's that good. And new entries for Chevrolet, Saturn and Buick are remarkably on-target and will be ultra competitive. Saturn dealers in particular should be high-fiving in their showrooms. And the new full-size SUVs and trucks are exceptionally detailed and should set new standards for dynamic performance, ride and efficiency in the category. These new vehicles reflect "Maximum Bob's" influence everywhere you look. Those looking for signs that the Lutzian era has waned in this business will be sorely disappointed, because this new stuff bristles with the kind of detailing and design integrity that have marked his best efforts in the past - and then exceeds them. This is the first time that we have seen hard evidence that all of the work behind the scenes at GM has been worth the effort. The talented men and women working in the trenches at GM have finally been turned loose - and the results are truly extraordinary. Is GM out of the woods yet? Not by a long shot, no. But whereas before they were getting lost on the way to the playing field, they're now well and truly engaged in The Game. And it's about time.
joatmon

Re: GM news taken from autoextremist.com (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by joatmon »

Interesting, they were shown great new things for Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, and Saturn. I guess there were no exciting things for Pontiac?
ragingfish

Re: GM news taken from autoextremist.com (joatmon)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Interesting, they were shown great new things for Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, and Saturn. I guess there were no exciting things for Pontiac?Supposedly, with the whole restructuing of GM, my impression is, what Pontiac is now is mostly what it will continue to be. The Montana & SV6 should fade in the next few years as they eliminate the van option from Pontiac and Buick (keeping the Uplander and Relay). The Aztek is gone with the release of the Torrent. The G6 coupe/convertible are coming, the Solstice is coming. The Sunfire's replacement is still unknown, but until they decide, Pontiac has no entry-level under the Vibe (Sunfire is reportedly being killed off this month).Basically, I see Pontiac as this in the next few years:G6 Coupe/Convertible/SedanGTOSolsticeTorrent (which I also suspect may lead a short model life)VibeGrand Prix (perhaps to be eventually be replaced by the "G8" GP/Bonneville replacement?)I really can't see what other areas they will hit on with Pontiac...They have their plush model (Grand Prix), they're "something for everyone" model (G6 line), the thrill model (GTO), the teen model (Sunfire or replacement), and the family/college student models (Vibe, Torrent)
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

the sunfire should be replaced by the pursuit....it was here in Canada.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
ragingfish

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by ragingfish »

GM is not bringing the Pursuit stateside.And I say kudos to that, because IMHO that is one very disappointing car -- apperance-wise anyway.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
jeffgtx

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by jeffgtx »

how many years was that for the spitfire [sunfire] design? like 12? gees. nice and fresh.
JeffGTX's Shades Of Gray Pontiac Armada:Cool: 2008 Solstice GXP ConvertibleSly: 2009 Solstice GXP CoupeMaverick: 2009 G8 GXP
Reynoma

Re: GM news taken from autoextremist.com (ragingfish)

Post by Reynoma »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Basically, I see Pontiac as this in the next few years:G6 Coupe/Convertible/SedanGTOSolsticeTorrent (which I also suspect may lead a short model life)VibeGrand Prix (perhaps to be eventually be replaced by the "G8" GP/Bonneville replacement?)I agree with you Mike, but I'm gonna take it one step further. With the "restructuring", the GMC/Pontiac/Buick stores will have a full line of cars with little overlap. Therefore,GMC will have all of the trucks - so no more Buick SUVsPontiac will be the exciting/small cars - so no more Grand Prix and minivan. I think it will keep the Torrent, as it will appeal to a younger audience.Buick - will be the big/luxury cars - so I think it keeps the minivan, the LaCrosse and the upcoming Lucerne (spelling?).These are just my guesses - no basis in fact what-so-ever.
Philippians 2:11