2016 Civic Coupe Base. All You Need - R&T Magazine

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Chiadog

2016 Civic Coupe Base. All You Need - R&T Magazine

Post by Chiadog »

I'm not a Honda fan, I don't want a coupe, but Man - This may be worth a test drive.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture ... -you-need/
lannvouivre

Re: 2016 Civic Coupe Base. All You Need - R&T Magazine

Post by lannvouivre »

I'd like the Civic, but the dash/instrument cluster design is abhorrent to me. Just horrible.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Looks too heavy in the rear. Clunky or chunky or cumbersome or... I don't know; it's some kinda C word. Just not proportioned right. I mean, who thought the Crosstour was hot? IMO, it was the ugliest thing Honda released in a long time and a bit of a failure, hence why it was canceled. Then they follow it up with basically the same design language for the new Civic. Where's that damn puking smiley? :x
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

lannvouivre wrote:I'd like the Civic, but the dash/instrument cluster design is abhorrent to me. Just horrible.
Are you thinking of last Gen's split instrument cluster? This one looks good to me!
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

ImUrOBGYN wrote:Looks too heavy in the rear. Clunky or chunky or cumbersome or... I don't know; it's some kinda C word. Just not proportioned right. I mean, who thought the Crosstour was hot? IMO, it was the ugliest thing Honda released in a long time and a bit of a failure, hence why it was canceled. Then they follow it up with basically the same design language for the new Civic. Where's that damn puking smiley? :x
Definitely similar design language. I was no fan of the Crosstour (who was?), but I like the junk-in-the-trunk rear-drive-suggestive stance of this Civic!
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Chiadog wrote:Are you thinking of last Gen's split instrument cluster? This one looks good to me!
Whatever ones with this styling. That split stuff is *so* gross.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Ugh, it's just a busy mish-mash and I've been accused of being far too lenient and accepting of interior design... Ok, only by one person, but still.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

Agreed! That last-gen dash would be a deal breaker for me. Not to mention that gross wall-to-wall hard plastic.