Ashamed to admit it..

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
gtv237

Ashamed to admit it..

Post by gtv237 »

But yes.. :cry: I bought a Saturn.. Vue to be exact. 2.2L Ecotec with a Getrag F23 5-speed manual transmission (4.41 final drive). I am possibly switching jobs, twice the pay, full benefits and twice the commute. And with winter coming I wanted something good on gas and semi reliable in the snow. This seemed to fit the bill. Suprisingly the fuel mileage so far is very close to the vibes. More displacement, more weight and still awesome fuel mileage. Odd but I'm not complaining. As much as I hate to admit it. I like the old turd.

Before I go any further, YES I STILL HAVE THE VIBE. I love my viber. But back to the Vue. I bought it with 100,XXX miles. It had some issues but I fixed almost everything on it already. Luckily my exgirlfriend had a Vue so I had all the brake parts on warranty :mrgreen:. It has all new tires and I work at a repair shop so I went ahead and rebalanced all the tires and aligned it at no cost to me.

Well without any further adieu, here are some pictures for your 'vueing' pleasure.

Derf

Re: Ashamed to admit it..

Post by Derf »

I still see a good number of these on the road. What year is yours? Nothing to be ashamed of, it used the same platform as the Pontiac Torrent.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

No need to be ashamed of that! Please keep us posted on your experience with the Vue. There is a forum called "the others". Vibe folks are open minded for the most part.
Your Vue really looks good. It's a manual too! The one thing that would worry me a bit are the electronics.
And : Congrats to your new job!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Always exciting to get a new ride. First pic's not bad... Did you flip it in the other pics? :o That's too bad as I know you just bought it.

;)
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looks like a good winter vehicle! Glad you still have the Vibe and hopefully plan on keeping it for several more years. Also awesome on the new job. I went through a similar job/career change some 20 years ago and although it was taking a step backwards at the time, my income has tripled since then and to this day have no regrets! Enjoy the new ride
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Looks like a pretty decent winter beater!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

I'd say the Vue is very similar to the vibe; if like one, you'll like the other. The AWD drive version handles similar.
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

Thanks for the comments guys. The more I drive it the more I like it. It doesn't feel as 'quality' as the vibe but it's a good runner. Only problem is it's name is becoming 'the turd' :lol: I need to hurry up and start calling it something else before the name sticks!

I don't suppose we have any technicians on here do we? It has an air bag light and the SDM (airbag Sensing and Diagnostic Module) has lost communication. My sister had mentioned she thought the air bag light might be on because of a faulty clock spring(horn also doesn't work) but when I plugged it in to retrieve a code I couldn't communicate with the SDM. My first course of action is to make sure the SDM is getting power and ground but if it is, does that automatically mean it's fried? And don't you need a tech2 to sync a new SDM to the BCM? The old dog doesn't have ABS I'd at least like to have air bags.
ImUrOBGYN wrote:Always exciting to get a new ride. First pic's not bad... Did you flip it in the other pics? :o That's too bad as I know you just bought it.

;)
Very funny, the second and third pictures are actually from the Craigslist ad I bought it from.
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Have you checked the recall list for that year Vue? Perhaps you got "lucky" and it's part of an airbag recall, as well.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

ImUrOBGYN wrote:Have you checked the recall list for that year Vue? Perhaps you got "lucky" and it's part of an airbag recall, as well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not really the "lucky" type but you never know. I will definitely look into it.

I went ahead and replaced the spark plugs this morning to attain peak fuel mileage and it looks like they were a bit past due.

I think it's in my head but it feels like it's running smoother. It's definitely starting quicker.
Last edited by gtv237 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

I think it's in my head but it feels like it's running smoother. It's definitely starting quicker.
No. It's real.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

That's one hell of a spark gap.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit