What do you think about Tesla?

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
808 Vibes

What do you think about Tesla?

Post by 808 Vibes »

I saw one here once; I had to walk around it to see what it was.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ColonelPanic

Re: What do you think about Tesla?

Post by ColonelPanic »

Looks great, FAST, and no gas. Plus they share the same birthplace as our Vibes. 8-) What's not to like? Oh yeah, the price... :D
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
kumquat

Post by kumquat »

100% awesome. Incredibly well-engineered, beautiful, functional vehicles. I would love to own one.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Great engineering and the safest car in production. I searched for Tesla S and 1/4 mile on you tube. They are REALLY quick ....However I feel the exterior is too plain for a 100K car and cant stand the dashboard. The large touchscreen just looks silly. Thats my opinion :lol:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
trb

Post by trb »

If I win the lottery (gotta play it FIRST though!) I would buy one in a second and see if I can get the Saleen package done to it, if he is still in business. It looks a lot nicer IMO, and has a few enhancements to the suspension, brakes, interior and trim. Love the candy apple red color, or a shade darker.

More info and test drive:
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/m ... omparison/
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

That Saleen is definitely pretty slick looking :cool:!

As ColonelPanic said, Teslas share a birthplace with our Vibes which is pretty neat!

Overall though, I prefer the band to the car company :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

I'm more intrigued by the Model X (the SUV.) When I'm done with school, moved, hired and settled in, I think I'll order one!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

look what these people think about Tesla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaLgF1uLB8
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
jake75

Post by jake75 »

I have as much business owning a Telsa as I do marrying Miley Cyrus. Unless of course if Miley did not insist on a prenup.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jake75

Post by jake75 »

I recently read an article in the WStJ criticiizing the federal govt.tax subsidies for buyers of a Telsa as well as other hybrid vehicles. Especially with the Telsa, this really is subsidizing the wealthy - and I believe that even though I am a Republican and also relatively "wealthy". Solar power and ethanol mandates also have come under increasing criticism as being just plain stupid.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

Almost as practical as a Segway. The Segway works UNLESS you are on sand, gravel, snow, ice . . . you know . . . driving conditions that many people confront every day.
The Tesla works UNLESS you have to drive more than a couple of hundred miles and there is no place to recharge. It's a great start, but a lot more development needs to happen before the average family of four leaves Ohio for a week's vacation at DisneyLand.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
kumquat

Post by kumquat »

Vulcan05 wrote:Almost as practical as a Segway. The Segway works UNLESS you are on sand, gravel, snow, ice . . . you know . . . driving conditions that many people confront every day.
The Tesla works UNLESS you have to drive more than a couple of hundred miles and there is no place to recharge. It's a great start, but a lot more development needs to happen before the average family of four leaves Ohio for a week's vacation at DisneyLand.
There are lots of charging stations, and more opening all the time. And very few trips are more than a couple of hundred miles anyway. It's obviously not the vehicle to use to take your family on a week-long vacation 2500 miles away.

Then again, neither is a Miata but no one bashes that car because it's no good for a family vacation.
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

kumquat wrote:
Vulcan05 wrote:Almost as practical as a Segway. The Segway works UNLESS you are on sand, gravel, snow, ice . . . you know . . . driving conditions that many people confront every day.
There are lots of charging stations, and more opening all the time. And very few trips are more than a couple of hundred miles anyway. It's obviously not the vehicle to use to take your family on a week-long vacation 2500 miles away.

Then again, neither is a Miata but no one bashes that car because it's no good for a family vacation.
Buy 3 Miatas for the price and take six people on vacation. AND they'll all have more fun than in a Tesla.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.