Vibe reborn as a Ford?

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
ImUrOBGYN

Vibe reborn as a Ford?

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

So, we got a company car. 2015 Ford Escape SE. Middle trim. Only options are the 2.0L ecoboost (same as in Focus ST) and AWD w/torque vectoring. Basically, it's a baby Focus RS (before the RS is out) on stilts. We've actually had it for a couple months. Having it parked in the driveway, it looks like the Vibe a bit. Certain angles more than others. I tried to convey it thru a few pics but it doesn't seem to come thru as much as in person. Of course, the two tone helps a bit. (Ignore the "Hover Vibe" as I just complete a full brake job, ie; calipers, lines, discs, parking brake shoes and hardware, pads and accompanying hardware. It's simply waiting for a full fluid flush.)

Anyway, onto a few pics....

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
vibenvy

Re: Vibe reborn as a Ford?

Post by vibenvy »

I can see some similarities...

It's still a Ford though. My dad would probably disown me :P!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

When I've seen that Ford in person, that was my first thought too.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Good observation. The Vibe on the jack stands makes it even more obvious. Loading height and entry height are higher with the Escape (I think). This would not be ideal for my dog when he jumps in the back. Also, after 20 years of Ford I needed another experience.

Now, what exactly is lurking in the garage with the hood up?
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

vibrologist wrote:Good observation. The Vibe on the jack stands makes it even more obvious. Loading height and entry height are higher with the Escape (I think). This would not be ideal for my dog when he jumps in the back. Also, after 20 years of Ford I needed another experience.

Now, what exactly is lurking in the garage with the hood up?
Ah, that is my garage queen. A charcoal gray MKIII Supra Turbo hardtop. It's down for the moment. Had to change a valve cover gasket and decided to upgrade the i/c and piping while I was at it. Annnnd then decided to add a cooler to my power steering lines right above the i/c since I had to cut them anyway. To sum it up quickly, it's got a bit of suspension done, tranny work, motor build and a 60trim turbo.

We've also got a 2010 RAV V6 4x4 that is its garage mate. We just drove it to Denver from Columbus, OH and back a couple weeks ago. Damn thing is always near flawless.

The Escape is an 2015 SE with the 2L Ecoboost option. It was given brand new to my girlfriend from her work. She has full use of it as she pleases. I'm tempted to mod it; just a little. lol So many Focus ST parts swap out. Both of us actually prefer the RAV, however. :shock:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

vibenvy wrote:I can see some similarities...

It's still a Ford though. My dad would probably disown me :P!
I would disown ME!!!!!
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
handmedown03

Post by handmedown03 »

That HoverVibe makes me wonder what a allwheel Vibe would look like with a lift kit and some 31/10.50s? A lightbar from a Jeep Liberty and a thru the fender air snorkel? How about a winch and some big schoolbus towhooks? Sorry. Must be withdrawal from selling my Toyota 4x4. But hey........ :geek:
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Haha That wold be awesome.
ImageImageImage
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

ImUrOBGYN wrote:Basically, it's a baby Focus RS (before the RS is out) on stilts.
RS is a 2.3

and not a slushbox
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

thebarber wrote:
ImUrOBGYN wrote:Basically, it's a baby Focus RS (before the RS is out) on stilts.
RS is a 2.3

and not a slushbox
Hence the term "baby" RS. Since it is a 4cyl turbo awd. The ST is only fwd and turbo (and a 2L.)

Happy? Jerk...
;) :D

How about we call it a RT? To Chrysler. Hmm. SS? No, too GM. I give up. Time to Escape.
ImageImageImage