Auto News, laugh of the week!

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Chiadog

Auto News, laugh of the week!

Post by Chiadog »

Chrysler announced its intention to take on the "B" segment Status quo! Going against Sonic, Fit, Note, Fiesta and Accent, this will be an epic fail! But it should get that bad taste from the Dart out of its' mouth!
New slogan :"Deported from Detroit" :lol:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-brin ... -for-2018/
Vulcan05

Re: Auto News, laugh of the week!

Post by Vulcan05 »

BIG question is, will Godzilla swallow it or spit it out?
Many years ago, a friend had a Fiat 128. I always considered that car to be the same thing as a flue shot. We both now have lifetime immunity to that brand.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Vulcan05 wrote:BIG question is, will Godzilla swallow it or spit it out?
Many years ago, a friend had a Fiat 128. I always considered that car to be the same thing as a flue shot. We both now have lifetime immunity to that brand.
i had the 131s. gotta say it was a blast to drive. started to rustaway as soon as it left the showroom, but it wasn't as ugly/boxy looking as the 128. i can't remember the hp, but the double overhead cam sounded cool
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

My dad had the Fiat Uno and later the Fiat Punto. That was in Germany. They are not bad at all for European usage in small towns. But of course they were cheaply made and therefore affordable.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

ramenboy... wrote: i had the 131s. gotta say it was a blast to drive. started to rustaway as soon as it left the showroom, but it wasn't as ugly/boxy looking as the 128. i can't remember the hp, but the double overhead cam sounded cool
I had a Fiat 128SL. 2X on that awesome Fiat engine! Not only sounded great, but pulled strong to the red-line once it got on the cam!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Ughhhh !!! I know they are Italian owned BUT try to make the subcompact car look a little more American. Long live our Vibes :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

tpollauf wrote:Ughhhh !!! I know they are Italian owned BUT try to make the subcompact car look a little more American. Long live our Vibes :D
What is the Italian word for "Nemo"? Actually, this thing is growing on me.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Nice! Apparently I am a visionary, calling this back in 2009. And at the time I thought was just sarcasm. :lol:

The "Dodge" pic in the above post looks pretty good but I would hope FCA would put a little more effort into differentiating the Dodge version of a Fiat 500. ;)

Something like this Ypsilon wouldn't be too bad... Sure, up front it looks like something that resulted from a PT Cruiser and an Alfa of some sort hooking up, but I kinda like it. Seems to be a more luxurious, slightly more useful 500...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014062 ... /140629998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of these days I'd like to have a tiny tin can even smaller than my Sonic for commuting/city duties. I'll be watching to see what they come up with.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

You nailed it Colonel!
As for the Ypsilon, No thanks! I don't care for the looks of that Chrysler "shield" on anything.