Audi A3 Sportback TDI coming to USA. 2016

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Chiadog

Audi A3 Sportback TDI coming to USA. 2016

Post by Chiadog »

Likely out of my price range, but it may convince other manufacturers to bring their Compact Diesel Wagons to North America!
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows ... ns-lineup/
KITT222

Re: Audi A3 Sportback TDI coming to USA. 2016

Post by KITT222 »

There's a good market out there for diesels, manufacturers just need to press them out more. Cruze diesel can do 700miles to a tank. That's incredible range in a very nice compact sedan. I would bet we will at least see a diesel Cruze hatch or wagon within the next few years.
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

No doubt the A3 is a nice looking car and will have many positive attributes. I replaced my 2008 Vibe with a 2013 Lexus CT200h and couldn't be happier. I can't imagine the Audi offering me anything that would make me consider giving up the CT.

2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

It is hard to compare Hybrids and Diesels. They are each generally suited to different purposes. Overall, hybrids appear to get better combined mileage, while sacrificing cargo space and towing capability. Diesels excel at towing and pure highway MPG, while using more expensive fuel. The simplicity of a diesel engine and 5-speed transmission appeals to me, as does driving enjoyment using the torque of the diesel engine. In the end choosing between two types of vehicles is purely subjective. Can I get a "JAKE BRAKE" on that A3? :lol: