Everyday Driver reviews : Impreza VS Focus VS Mazda 3

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
SeattleJeremy

Everyday Driver reviews : Impreza VS Focus VS Mazda 3

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I've been watching Everyday Driver for a while now, and all three of these cars are on my short list for Vibe Replacements (not imminent, but I keep a list). Thought maybe other Genvibe'ers might want to see these. Enjoy.

Part 1, the Subaru Impreza:
http://youtu.be/HUcnB1m6ikM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 2, The Ford Focus:
http://youtu.be/mw-Baq1m6gw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 3, the Mazda 3:
http://youtu.be/1DJ-dZOmB3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also on my list is the Fiesta and Fit.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Chiadog

Re: Everyday Driver reviews : Impreza VS Focus VS Mazda 3

Post by Chiadog »

Interesting reviews! Thanks for the links.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I drove the Focus in Tucson and Phoenix. The car's transmission is a disaster. I have never experienced a more poorly designed tranny. I turned my rental in after one day and got another Focus. It was only slightly better in shifting and exhibited many of the same quirks. Either the fleet needs a PCM reflash or Ford has a major problem on their hands. The person I was staying with also drove one a year ago and said his rental had the exact same issues (severe hesitation and mild bucking from stop through first gear). Focus? yes, focus on something else.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Caretaker wrote:I drove the Focus in Tucson and Phoenix. The car's transmission is a disaster. I have never experienced a more poorly designed tranny. I turned my rental in after one day and got another Focus. It was only slightly better in shifting and exhibited many of the same quirks. Either the fleet needs a PCM reflash or Ford has a major problem on their hands. The person I was staying with also drove one a year ago and said his rental had the exact same issues (severe hesitation and mild bucking from stop through first gear). Focus? yes, focus on something else.
It's telling you to get the manual ;)

Rather disappointing about the Impreza. It's a proper hatchback that isn't too terrible looking. Even with the manual, the chassis just isn't good enough I suppose. But of the three I'd take the Mazda3.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Caretaker wrote:I drove the Focus in Tucson and Phoenix. The car's transmission is a disaster. I have never experienced a more poorly designed tranny. I turned my rental in after one day and got another Focus. It was only slightly better in shifting and exhibited many of the same quirks. Either the fleet needs a PCM reflash or Ford has a major problem on their hands. The person I was staying with also drove one a year ago and said his rental had the exact same issues (severe hesitation and mild bucking from stop through first gear). Focus? yes, focus on something else.

I also rented a focus a couple months back and the transmission was horrible. Even the guy at Hertz warned me about the jerky transmission but I had no idea it was that bad. Often times accelerating or coming to a stop the car jerks and almost feels like it's about to stall. Apparently a lot of focus owners have this issue :(
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black