2015 Honda Fit Article 36 mpg overall

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
jake75

2015 Honda Fit Article 36 mpg overall

Post by jake75 »

Jan. 13, 2014 - Columbus Business First

A resurgent market for trucks and sport-utility vehicles doesn’t have Honda Motor Co. straying from its path.
“No one does small cars like Honda,” sales boss John Mendel told the crowd Monday at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The Honda portfolio doesn’t get much smaller than the 2015 Fit subcompact, a little car with big expectations in the U.S. and abroad. The newest Fit is its third generation and will be the first built in North America when the manufacturer’s newest plant starts up in Mexico next month.
It isn’t a booming market, Mendel said after the event, estimating that it grew by 5 percent last year with a similar result expected this year.
“It’s not explosive, but it’s steady,” he said.
It’s a segment the company knows well and that plays to its strengths. When Honda began selling in the U.S., it did so with a subcompact.
It’s also a segment the company has not kept up with as much as it could have due to a lack of product to supply, but bringing production here will address that, Mendel said.
Honda isn’t offering a sales projection for the Fit, but Mendel said he would expect it to at least exceed the 2012 sales of 53,513. The 8.4 percent year-over-year gain in Fit sales outpaced the segment.
The 2015 Fit is even smaller than its preceding version, coming in 57 pounds lighter and 1.5 inches shorter. Interior space, however, has grown between iterations.
Mendel said the key improvements make the car more functional and fuel-efficient with a combined street-highway rating of 36 miles per gallon.
Some details remain unshared, including pricing and the street date – late spring, Mendel said after the presentation.
The 2015 Fit will be the first of a one-two small car punch from Honda this year. A compact SUV will hit the market later in the year. A concept version of that vehicle, dubbed the Urban at the time, which also will be made in Mexico was Honda’s big announcement at last year’s auto show.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Vulcan05

Re: 2015 Honda Fit Article 36 mpg overall

Post by Vulcan05 »

I have my Vibe only because the Honda dealer didn't have a Fit Sport with cruise control at the time I was ready to buy. My wife has a 2000 Civic. The most reliable car of that age and mileage that we have ever owned. In 75000 miles, I have replaced one thermostat, one set of front brake pads and one set of tires.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

My children all have Honda, 95 Accord, 00 Civic and 04 Accord Coupe. They hold up well. Of course we have 3 Toyotas with 3 different badges, 03 Vibe GT, 04 Lexus RX330 and 04 Matrix AWD. I'm afraid GM hasn't build a decent FWD car to date that I would own (excluding the ones made by others companies).
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I won't be trading in my '07 Fit for this third generation model. I don't like the looks of the back end, and I really don't like the idea that it is assembled in Mexico. I'm just glad the car will be out in January in case one of my other cars goes belly up for some reason. Having the third generation out will make finding bargains on used "high mileage" first and second generation Fits much easier.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

I am actually more interested in seeing the "Urban" compact SUV. My 2009 Vibe is only at 29,200 miles - so no hurry. But I am disappointed in the noisy defective steering column that is not a warranty fix as I am beyond the 36 month mark.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Off topic for a moment: agreed on the intermediate steering shaft rattle. Mine too has gotten quite loud. I don't know if our GM mechanic friend is still on these boards, but he assured us previously that there still wasn't any safety issue with the rattle. If something has changed from his insider perspective, be it a change in the safety situation or a change in replacement part design, I hope he alerts us so we can get it fixed.