Suburu BRZ for adults?

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Chiadog

Suburu BRZ for adults?

Post by Chiadog »

kostby

Re: Suburu BRZ for adults?

Post by kostby »

Or at least, the visually-impaired. :lol:
IMHO, the styling is atrocious.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

I LIKE the design. I think they could have found a better color combination. I would also prefer a 4 door version. The website shows the car from all angles. Make mine with a clean turbo-diesel engine and 5-speed manual transmission. :D
kostby

Post by kostby »

Did you see the Scion FR-S sedan concept? It has 4 doors, and to my eye, the Scion looks far better than the Subaru.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/scion-fr-s-sedan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

It's a BRZ Outback. Bad news: CVT only.

And that sedan is a render done by someone to the original concept. Subaru doesn't want a 4-door BRZ because it may compete with the WRX, but rumor has it that a 5-door may come out...
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

kostby wrote:Did you see the Scion FR-S sedan concept? It has 4 doors, and to my eye, the Scion looks far better than the Subaru.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/scion-fr-s-sedan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Probably the best looking 4 door I have ever seen. But as Kit222 said, this is just someone's rendering. I'm guessing the "real" FR-S sedan won't look anything like this. For me personally, I'm only interested if its a hatch or wagon.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I wouldn't say it looks atrocious, but a bit blocky and bulky, like most current offerings from Subaru. Just needs some softening IMO. The general design and proportions look good to me.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).