2015 Replacement for the Matrix

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
BaseWhiteVibe

2015 Replacement for the Matrix

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

So will the Matrix be replaced by a Corolla Wagon?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/23/toyo ... aler-leak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!
KITT222

Re: 2015 Replacement for the Matrix

Post by KITT222 »

Seeing as there has been a Corolla wagon since the days of the Prism, and the fact that they are popular all around the world, Toyota will probably at least try one here. Many people liked the Matrix as a family car. And to be honest, I saw this coming. Toyota downplayed the Matrix, even though it is a brilliant car, to give it a reason to kill its child it had with GM. Once the Matrix was dead they'd bring in essentially the same vehicle, but with only Toyota roots.
kumquat

Post by kumquat »

Wow, that's impressively hideous. The original Matrix was ugly, but the current Matrix isn't bad looking. This is terrible. They need to look at the Elantra GT, Focus ST, and Mazda3 to see how to turn a sedan into a decent-looking wagon.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

kumquat wrote:Wow, that's impressively hideous. The original Matrix was ugly, but the current Matrix isn't bad looking. This is terrible. They need to look at the Elantra GT, Focus ST, and Mazda3 to see how to turn a sedan into a decent-looking wagon.
Wagon vs. hatchback. The new Mazda3, Focus, and Elantra Grand Touring are all hatchbacks. Wagons, aka longroofs, have longer roofs and more space. Think VW Jetta Sportwagon vs VW Golf 4-door. The Vibe is firmly seated between true hatch and true wagon, though in other countries I'd think it would be called a hatchback. Matrix first gen is in the same awkward spot while the second gen Matrix is definitely a hatchback.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

It looks a little "minivan-ish", but overall I don't mind it. Looks promising for sure. It will certainly be interesting to see whether it actually comes to fruition...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Just keep in mind guys that is only a Dealer rendering AND photos of the car are actually the European Auris

Here is one with Camo

http://www.caradvice.com.au/181411/toyo ... a-wagon-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I honestly look forward to it! Just keep my beloved 1.8L and maybe a 5-6 speed automatic. Or if my wife would finally give in a slushbox
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

I think the Auris Wagon looks great! I also think the USA will never see it! The reason car companies won't bring small wagons here is that they sell TOO well. They compete with the higher priced mid-size sedans and hurt profits.
I expect we will see the new hatchback (mini-matrix?) which looks just like the compact Prius. I hope we do see a diesel engine, but I'm not holding my breath.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/174728/toyo ... es-leaked/
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Hmm not too excited about that center stack (Dash center). Yeah....

I think that Toyota is doing well with the Corolla and that a wagon variant would do just as well. I for one had an SUV for years and even though it was a great car I did not use it as intended for about 90% of the time. As compared to fuller size SUV's the Vibe/Matrix/Corolla wagon helps fill the void for the rest of us. One thing that could be done a little bit better would be to better utilize the interior space. If the new Corolla Wagon had more usable space I think it would help shift the American SUV mindset. The moment other car manufacturers would realize this they would start doing the same.

Look at how far we have come, from Explorers and Expeditions in the 90's and 00's down to CUV's and such. I mean my wife drives a Nissan Rogue, however internally the car has less usable space than my Vibe! Just watch I think the day will come where large SUV's will start becoming less and less popular. Give it time.
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Also with the Vibe I can fold the rear seats down and sleep in it. The Auris doesn't look like a vehicle that can accommodate that.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

That wagon is much better looking that the "new" Corolla sedan to me. Heck, I might check one out if they ever made it here. I suspect they won't, though.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Wow, Toyota has consistently produced completely uninspiring cars. They havent made a good looking car since the 1990s. I was eagerly awaiting for the 2014 RAV 4....until i saw it.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
kowell

Post by kowell »

With the new corolla's unimpressive 1.8L/CVT combo, any Matrix/Vibe replacement is dead to me.
I would however very much like to replace my wife's vibe with one of these....
http://ca.autoblog.com/2013/09/11/honda ... furt-2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

kumquat wrote:Wow, that's impressively hideous. The original Matrix was ugly, but the current Matrix isn't bad looking. This is terrible. They need to look at the Elantra GT, Focus ST, and Mazda3 to see how to turn a sedan into a decent-looking wagon.
Honestly I find the 2nd Gen Matrix Ugly. They screwed to many things up in it. The 1st Gen is better looking and a better car.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

Hey Kowell, Please start a new thread here in "the others" for this wagon. I think many will want to weigh-in!
kowell

Post by kowell »

Chiadog wrote:Hey Kowell, Please start a new thread here in "the others" for this wagon. I think many will want to weigh-in!
Done
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41920" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver