Hope this was a good decision

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
jake75

Hope this was a good decision

Post by jake75 »

The engine on my under employed 37 year old son's 1999 Caravan with about 125,000 miles and knocking lifters finally crapped out. Decided not worth putting in a junkyard engine. Bought him a 2000 Honda Odyssey with 83,000 miles for $6,000 plus tax. One owner, clean Carfax, and our mechanic gave it a thumbs up. Seemed like reasonable if not a bargain price. Used cars are always a crap shoot but I hope this works out. I was willing to give him my 2009 Vibe with 25,000 miles but he needed something bigger. Replacing my Vibe would have been a lot more expensive. I'd like a new Subaru Forrester, Mazda x5 etc. but not really worth spending the $$$ on that for no more than we drive. We also have a 2007 T&C with 23,000 miles as our second car.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Chiadog

Re: Hope this was a good decision

Post by Chiadog »

I guess time will tell on the Odyssey deal, but your Son got an awesome deal when it comes to Dad's! I hope he fully appreciates your generosity and love. I feel terrible for the millions in his age group who are forced to settle for less than a living wage.
Now Jake, buddy, I'm a little short this week ... :D
lannvouivre

Re: Hope this was a good decision

Post by lannvouivre »

My BF's grandparents had an Odyssey for 10 years, was still practically brand new when they traded it in for a NEW Odyssey. If he takes good care of it, it should be alright I think.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit