Three Car Family

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
PlatinumVibe08

Three Car Family

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

My wife and I are proving our merit as cliche empty-nesters. It's just the two of us and now we own three cars. We just picked up a sweet 2006 Lexus SC430 to add to our stable. She has her 2010 Lexus RX350 and I have my 2008 Vibe for everyday duties. The SC430 will be our straight-up pleasure cruiser. Both Lexi are absolute pleasures to drive, and after cruising around in both of them all weekend, I drove the Vibe this morning and was reminded that it too is an absolutely awesome vehicle. I do like my Toyota products. ;)

Like a transformer. A freakishly refined, super comfy, bad-(removed) looking, fun-as-hell to drive transformer. :D

2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
Rayven01

Re: Three Car Family

Post by Rayven01 »

PlatinumVibe08 wrote:Like a transformer. A freakishly refined, super comfy, bad-(removed) looking, fun-as-hell to drive transformer. :D
That does look super cool. :D How does that impact trunk space when the top is down? Gone completely or just reduced?
Image  Image
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Rayven01 wrote:That does look super cool. :D How does that impact trunk space when the top is down? Gone completely or just reduced?
Thanks! The trunk space is reduced substantially but there's still plenty of room for a couple overnight bags and misc. smaller items. Should be no problem hitting the road with the wife for a road trip vacation. I've got the Vibe for the trips to Home Depot. ;)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Very nice looking toy!

My cousin used to have a Volkswagen Eos hardtop Convertible and I used to say it looked like a Transformer when she was putting the top up or down :P!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Let's make that a Three Lexus Family. As much as I loved my Vibe, I traded her in today on a brand new 2013 Lexus CT200h. Bring on the fuel economy! :D

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I need to hear this thing rev, even though I know there's literally nothing to hear.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Oh Snap! Good looking car, best white.

Now what will you be taking to Home Depot?
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

SeattleJeremy wrote:Oh Snap! Good looking car, best white.

Now what will you be taking to Home Depot?
Thanks! I couldn't pass up the white (Starfire Pearl) with the chrome wheels. The interior is nice in Ecru (a light cream color) and black. The CT should haul nearly as much as the Vibe. If not, there's always the wife's truck (RX350). :)

Last edited by PlatinumVibe08 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

As I said in your other post, I am definitely a fan of the CT200h! Can't wait to hear your opinions on it!

P.S. The style wheel yours has is so much better looking than the F-Sport trident wheels. Those things are hideous IMO.
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

vibenvy wrote:As I said in your other post, I am definitely a fan of the CT200h! Can't wait to hear your opinions on it!

P.S. The style wheel yours has is so much better looking than the F-Sport trident wheels. Those things are hideous IMO.

Thanks Carrie! I agree that the 10 spoke wheels are much more attractive than the trident wheels. I couldn't resist the chrome ones on the Starfire Pearl CT! I drove the car home from St. Louis last week and after 225 miles of mixed driving, I put 5.1 gallons of gas in it today. I'm digging this 44mpg action! The CT is so much fun, I really like it. If you think you might be interested in one some day, I recommend you test drive a few in the meantime to see for yourself. Greg
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

PlatinumVibe08 wrote:Thanks Carrie! I agree that the 10 spoke wheels are much more attractive than the trident wheels. I couldn't resist the chrome ones on the Starfire Pearl CT! I drove the car home from St. Louis last week and after 225 miles of mixed driving, I put 5.1 gallons of gas in it today. I'm digging this 44mpg action! The CT is so much fun, I really like it. If you think you might be interested in one some day, I recommend you test drive a few in the meantime to see for yourself. Greg
I don't think the Vibe would be very happy if I drove it to a Lexus dealer to test drive a CT200h :P!

I would love to test drive one, but the nearest Lexus dealer is about an hour away. If I'm ever in the area though, I would definitely consider it :twisted:.
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

vibenvy wrote:I would love to test drive one, but the nearest Lexus dealer is about an hour away. If I'm ever in the area though, I would definitely consider it :twisted:.
Currently, there are 18 pre-owned CT200h's within 50 miles of you. I hope this link works.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresu ... slrTypeId=
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

PlatinumVibe08 wrote:Currently, there are 18 pre-owned CT200h's within 50 miles of you. I hope this link works.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresu ... slrTypeId=
Hmmm... very tempting to go drive one, but I hate going to dealers for anything because as soon as you drive into the parking lot, you're immediately surrounded by salespeople :roll:.