Future Corolla

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
ParknVibe

Future Corolla

Post by ParknVibe »

The future Toyota Corolla at the NYC Auto Show:

ColonelPanic

Re: Future Corolla

Post by ColonelPanic »

Flashy... But I suspect the non-concept version will still be quite the snoozemobile.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

The nose looks similar to the Honda Civic & Kia Koup. I agree this radical design will never see the light of day :lol: .....looks great though !
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

Not my cup of tea! How many designers does it take to design a Corolla? answer: TOO MANY, YUCK. Way too many corners, tucks, colors, shadows, what a mess. I actually like the old one better, and I've been laughing at that one for 10 years. :lol:
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

When John McElroy (Motorline Detroit) interviewed the CEO of Toyota USA, he begged him to build it just like that. I agree. The incremental baby steps that the Corolla has taken over the past 20 years (in particular) are getting old. People like me buy Corollas and Vibes simply because of the nameplate. With its impeccable reliability record, Corollas would sell like hotcakes around the world even if it looked like an AMC Gremlin. However, would it really hurt for Toyota to finally give us a body that doesn't look like my Corolla from 1991?
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Granted, I prefer the Pacer... But if it looked like a Gremlin, I'd be interested in one. 8-) THis thing? Nope.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

As a side note toyota has been going through some really "ugly" design phase. They have been integrating the headlights & grille all the way across the facia. It just looks horrible, but great when well executed. Honda is on the bandwagon as well. I like the idea of a flush grille but its going over the edge now. The Kia Koup does it very well. This concept Corolla looks good too. The new RAV4 is just hideous. Yes I have mixed feelings :lol:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

ColonelPanic wrote:Granted, I prefer the Pacer... But if it looked like a Gremlin, I'd be interested in one. 8-) THis thing? Nope.

Pacers and Gremlins???? You old timers miss the good old days....all steel cars with growing rust.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I kinda like it, 'cept for the back end if that's not a proper hatch but instead an ugly trunk-hatch amalgamation.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

ParknVibe wrote:
ColonelPanic wrote:Granted, I prefer the Pacer... But if it looked like a Gremlin, I'd be interested in one. 8-) THis thing? Nope.

Pacers and Gremlins???? You old timers miss the good old days....all steel cars with growing rust.
Psh, if a Corolla was offered with a Pacer body, I'd be one of the only buyers. 8-)

This thing though... yuck. I think they did good with the 05 Corolla (more grown up than the 03/04 Corolla), and all since have just faltered. When anyone says "Corolla" that's the one I think of. This concept is more ugly in person. It looks too stout, too wide, and... I just don't like the design language.

However, key bits will be in the next Corolla. The grille and headlamps will be just like on the Rav4, the lower grille may take a shape similar to this, the sides will have that accent, just not in two colors, and windows frames could stay the same shape.