March 2013 Compact car sales numbers.

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Chiadog

March 2013 Compact car sales numbers.

Post by Chiadog »

Why the poor sales of the handsome Subaru Impreza at 19K base price, and especially the 17K base price 40mpg Mazda3 SkyActive? Has anyone here test driven these?
http://rumors.automobilemag.com/hyundai ... 15491.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rayven01

Re: March 2013 Compact car sales numbers.

Post by Rayven01 »

I would have to blame bad marketing. Both market themselves as fun and sporty pretty much to the exclusion of all else. Look at the top five. Pretty much all boring daily drivers that are marketed as cheap and reliable. Unfortunately it's a bad time to be fun and sporty in that segment. Move down to the subcompacts and it's a different story...
Image  Image
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I've test driven a Mazda3 Skyactive, and I loved it! Gets good mileage, has good power... no real complaints. But it has to be marketing. Marketing, marketing, marketing. Lack of it has brought down giants (GM).
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

Yeah, Marketing for sure! Also can't help the Mazda that they have the longest refresh cycle in the Universe.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Their inventory doesn't help them either. There are 19 Imprezas within a 30 mile radius of me (this includes the two dealers around Louisville, KY - not a huge place but not a spec on the map either.) Only one is below $20,000. Mazda 3 inventory a little better at 118.

216 Chevrolet Cruze models are out there waiting for homes.

I'd rather opt for a model where I can find exactly everything I want instead of having to settle for one of the handful of options available in the entire region.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image