Mazda CX-3

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
lannvouivre

Mazda CX-3

Post by lannvouivre »

http://www.caradvice.com.au/206388/mazd ... -baby-suv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/09/mazd ... -to-light/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mazda/2014 ... 39441.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I heard about it when looking up the new design of the Mazda3 hatchback. It LOOKS like a Buick Encore in terms of size and general design (extra tall hatchback), but I'm sure it will weigh much less. One of those articles mentioned its intended competition is the Nissan Juke and the ...Ford EcoSport?: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2012- ... 22538.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cross your fingers for it to make it to the US if you like it, because as we all know, Americans don't seem as interested in hatchbacks.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Kincaid

Re: Mazda CX-3

Post by Kincaid »

Sometimes I wonder if stylists sacrifice a few years on transitional forms - this new grille is what they should have gone to three years ago. Sexy.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

I love it! The 2014 CX-5 looks perfect to me. I hope Mazda clones the look for the CX-3. Make mine FWD, 1.6 liter turbo diesel, 5 or 6 speed manual, 50mpg highway. $20,00 is a little rich, but how can you say "no" to that lovely face? Please Mazda, don't screw this up.
Chiadog
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

2016 Mazda CX-3 looks great!
Autoblog picks it #1 of the LA auto show!
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/24/edit ... auto-show/
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Wow that looks sharp ! However I like to let some times pass and see it in person. I said the same with the Mazda 3 hatch & now it looks kinda awkward after seeing a couple in the street :| The CX5 still looks really great though. I have to admit the Vibes styling has aged pretty well.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
MechaBouncer

Post by MechaBouncer »

I know this topic is a little old, but this has been my primary candidate as an upgrade from my Vibe. Information is finally coming out on it and reviews are quite favorable:
http://www.mazdausamedia.com/2015-05-01 ... 3-Overview

It's coming down to this or the Honda HR-V.
Current: "Phoenix" 2009 Vibe GT in Red Hot Metallic
Previous: "Sonic" 2003 Vibe in Neptune Blue
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I also like the Mazda2 a good deal. The new one with the KODO styling, not the smiley one. I also like the new Mazda3 and the smiley Mazda3. I would go with Mazda way before Honda or Toyota (I'm sorry Toyota, I don't want to betray you, but you also don't want to make your engines or drivetrains any fun or modern/efficient so...screw you, I guess. Except the Yaris, even though you're also slow as hell)
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
MechaBouncer

Post by MechaBouncer »

On more thing about Mazda is that they are ranked 2nd among all the auto makers across the brand by Consumer Reports. This is also considering that most of their models are newer or newly redesigned, which usually results in teething trouble at first. Toyota is just behind it at 3rd, while Honda is 8th. I'd say that bodes pretty well in general.
Current: "Phoenix" 2009 Vibe GT in Red Hot Metallic
Previous: "Sonic" 2003 Vibe in Neptune Blue
JPark

Post by JPark »

Driving reviews are looking really good. If you're interested in performance and handling over interior space, it looks like a great choice. If you're interested in fitting more than a few bags of groceries in the back or putting passengers in the rear seats, you'll want to look elsewhere.
RIP '06 Platinum Vibe--at 189k miles, you died too young
'09 Vibe GT--we're still getting acquainted
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Well, after reading the one report, I'm out. I've had two vehicles on my very short list; both are now no longer. I recently took my Hyundai in for a recall item and looked at the new Sonata. Other than CAFE standards, is there a point at which car makers (Hyundai and Kia especially) will stop lowering the roof line? Caretaker isn't getting any younger and the thought of shoe-horning myself down into a car each time I need to go for a drive is totally unacceptable. In the case of the CX-3, the author made a point to highlight the cramped nature of the cabin. And while I'm not looking for rear leg room, I am of the belief that if you can't put two adults in the back of a car, then get rid of the back seats. Put a futon back there or something useful like extending the cargo room. If I want a two seater, then I'll buy a Miata (or whatever it is called now). I guess the CX-5 has vaulted back up to the top again. I was hoping for something with a shorter hood. I'm very disappointed in the car after reading the article you posted.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Caretaker, I definitely agree about the back seats, although at 4'10", I sit in small ones and feel comfy. I think they should just have an option to get rid of the rear seats if they can't be acceptably roomy, but also have seats as an option for children and tiny adults. There's a difference between "room for 5" and "room for 5 if 3 passengers have no head or legs."

I think the CX-5 is great, although way too big for me. There's something to be said about having better-than-Vibe mileage in a bigger-than-Vibe and more-powerful-than-Vibe package.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

From Car and Driver: http://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/cx-3
Deputy editor Dan Pund gazed out from his cubicle into the Car and Driver parking lot, considered the 2016 Mazda CX-3 for a moment, and declared, “It’s just a Pontiac Vibe.”
:evil: :evil:

I like the outside and inside look of the car but the back seat and cargo space is a little too small.