Got some new wheels...

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
CAMOGIRL

Got some new wheels...

Post by CAMOGIRL »

hehe... Well, it IS my second mode of transportation!

My new derby skates:
Riedell 265 boot
SureGrip Magnesium Avenger 45-action plate
Qube GOLD swiss bearings
SureGrip Zombie 89a wheels with aluminum hub.
FAST!

Well-behaved women rarely make history.
KNINE

Re: Got some new wheels...

Post by KNINE »

They look fast! :D
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Excellent choice of new wheels. Unlike you, I prefer a narrow piece of Stainless steel under my boots :lol: I owned Riedell figure skates a longtime ago when I was in a skating club. My sisters all still have their Riedell figure skates. They were one of the prominent brands in the day and maybe still are. Today I skate on Bauer 3000's and I have two pair that I rotate and should last me ten more years or so. I play hockey twice a week year round so they get some regular use. Good luck rolling around in those. DON'T break any bones :o
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

tpollauf wrote:Excellent choice of new wheels. Unlike you, I prefer a narrow piece of Stainless steel under my boots :lol: I owned Riedell figure skates a longtime ago when I was in a skating club. My sisters all still have their Riedell figure skates. They were one of the prominent brands in the day and maybe still are. Today I skate on Bauer 3000's and I have two pair that I rotate and should last me ten more years or so. I play hockey twice a week year round so they get some regular use. Good luck rolling around in those. DON'T break any bones :o
SWEET! Bauer is a great name, and yeah, Riedell is still a frontrunner, especially in derby skates. I would love to ice skate more, but our temps just fluctuate too much to have any outside ice, and indoor rinks are too far away for me. When I was in Jr high and early HS I played inline roller hockey for a while, THAT was a blast, I had a nice pair of Tours that lasted me about ten years! As far as the bones thing goes.. DON'T jinx me! Roller derby is kinda a break-prone sport! Already had a broken rib or two.. oops.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Maybe you could start an Ice Derby league. Oh yea, it's called hockey.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

How's the other mode of Transportation doing? Get the problems fixed?
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Still trying to sniff it out. She's going to go visit a Dr. next week. Fix it all even if I have to extend the dang loan, I'm tired of worrying. Need her to be back to good ole reliable!