Dodge gets into rally racing with Dart

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
jkm311

Dodge gets into rally racing with Dart

Post by jkm311 »

600 HP from a turbo outta this thing?! Engineer-types... help me understand:http://www.freep.com/article/2...26002
Steelies to the rescue.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Definitely can't give you the answer, but I remember reading that when the 2.0 Ecotek engine that came with the 2005 Cobalt SS's that they could withstand around 450 IIRC on stock internals and such.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
ColonelPanic

Re: Dodge gets into rally racing with Dart (jkm311)

Post by ColonelPanic »

They say 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. Unfreakin' believable! Meanwhile the Mopar gearheads probably are still complaining about it not having a V8. Slapping the Dart name on some 4-cyl compact front driver sure has struck a nerve with those guys, I find it rather amusing. Dodge was doing a Q&A on their facebook page about the car today but I saw many questions and no answers. They might have posted some since then, I dunno.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
MotoAce51

Re: Dodge gets into rally racing with Dart (ColonelPanic)

Post by MotoAce51 »

It looks cool and should be a great contender for the Fiesta. Can't wait to see it in action.
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
jkm311

Re: Dodge gets into rally racing with Dart (MotoAce51)

Post by jkm311 »

I think it's supposed to be in the Focus class, isn't it? I can see an SRT-4 Dart rivaling the Focus ST. Now GM just needs to get their act together with a high-output Cruze. Never mind the Sonic. They're just trying to make a dime off of the standard models right now (might not be profitable for another two model years). I can't imagine they would release a serious performance version of that. EDIT: Looks like there's already a lot of back-and-forth about the subject. One Dart SRT-4 conjecture-filled article: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/0...-srt4/And Cruze SS talk: http://wot.motortrend.com/hear....html
Steelies to the rescue.
DiveNut

Re: Dodge gets into rally racing with Dart (ColonelPanic)

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic » Meanwhile the Mopar gearheads probably are still complaining about it not having a V8. Slapping the Dart name on some 4-cyl compact front driver sure has struck a nerve with those guys, I find it rather amusing. This is true...A lot of the hardcore old Mopar fans have a problem with the whole Dart/Fiat thing. But a lot of them also had an issue with the revisited Charger having 4 doors too. That said, performance talks so if this thing's a beast, it'll get props...eventually. While I am building an old Mopar currently, I have always appreciated cool cars, regardless of make, model or displacement.Cool is cool as far as I'm concerned...and 600HP in a package the size of this new Dart is Very cool. Pat
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

This isn't just the stock engine with a turbo. This is fully built up fully forged to handle all the power and awd. Just like the fiesta and focus, not production what so ever.
BurnOnyx08

Post by BurnOnyx08 »

300hp, 0-60 in 1.9(?) seconds or not, looks like a recycled Neon
jkm311

Re: (BurnOnyx08)

Post by jkm311 »

Well, if Dodge could make the Neon into an SRT4, I can't wait to see what the same treatment will do for the Dart:
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Re: (jkm311)

Post by jkm311 »

Steelies to the rescue.
ColonelPanic

Re: (jkm311)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Thanks for posting! I'm not into the rally scene all that much but I must admit that sucker is mean! Hopefully they give the public the SRT option that many are begging for. Me, I'd be happy just with the regular Dart in my driveway. Very cool cars.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image