Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Sputnik

Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum

Post by Sputnik »

I was browsing the Leaf forum this morning and came across this picture:http://www.mynissanleaf.com/do...=viewThe poster was saying the Vibe shouldn't park there as its not low emissions. I replied that although its not low emissions, most Vibe owners would argue it is fuel efficient!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
KITT222

Re: Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum (Sputnik)

Post by KITT222 »

The Vibe actually is a ULEV (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle). We can't see the picture though, for we are forbidden
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »The poster was saying the Vibe shouldn't park there as its not low emissions. I replied that although its not low emissions, most Vibe owners would argue it is fuel efficient! I think the same thing when I see a Nissan Armada or Hummer H2 parked in one Can't see the pic though.
Cougar Vibe

Re: Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum (09vGT)

Post by Cougar Vibe »

Sputnik

Re: Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum (KITT222)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »The Vibe actually is a ULEV (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle). We can't see the picture though, for we are forbiddenHm, you can't see it? Okay I attached it.

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

The Vibe is an efficient car. And according to the sticker under my hood the Vibe is either a LEV or ULEV, so it works.
jkm311

Re: Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum (KITT222)

Post by jkm311 »

Hey, the Vibe owner removed the badging and antenna. They're doing their part. And on a similar note... does your Leaf really have that 100% ELECTRIC badging?!Even the grumpiest senior to the 16 year olds getting their licenses know the Leaf is electric. At least in my head. Thankfully it's not as awful as the treatment GM was giving its hybrids a few years back:
Steelies to the rescue.
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »The poster was saying the Vibe shouldn't park there as its not low emissions. I replied that although its not low emissions, most Vibe owners would argue it is fuel efficient! Heh, reminds me of places where hybrids and electric vehicles are permitted to use the high-occupancy vehicle lanes, and "regular" vehicles aren't. My car gets better highway mileage than my family members' Camry Hybrid and Malibu Hybrid.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
Sputnik

Re: Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum (jkm311)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Hey, the Vibe owner removed the badging and antenna. They're doing their part. And on a similar note... does your Leaf really have that 100% ELECTRIC badging?!Even the grumpiest senior to the 16 year olds getting their licenses know the Leaf is electric. At least in my head. No the 100% Electric is not on the Leaf - Owners are adding that themselves. Mine just says Zero Emission on the side and rear.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Sputnik

Re: Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by Feelin’ The Vibe » Heh, reminds me of places where hybrids and electric vehicles are permitted to use the high-occupancy vehicle lanes, and "regular" vehicles aren't. My car gets better highway mileage than my family members' Camry Hybrid and Malibu Hybrid.Like at the new IKEA with their "hybrid" parking spots and the HOV lanes out in Kanata - I parked at the hybrid spot in IKEA - but I'm not hybrid!!
GenVibe Global Moderator

09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik » I parked at the hybrid spot in IKEA - but I'm not hybrid!! REBEL!
Sputnik

Re: Pic of Vibe made it on the Nissan Leaf forum (09vGT)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »REBEL! Yeah that's me, breakin' all the rules! Actually I had emailed IKEA asking what these "green" parking spots were and if I could charge my EV there. The reply was they don't have charging spots, but I was "more than welcome to park my EV" in the hybrid spot.
GenVibe Global Moderator