Dream Cars, Your Personal Choices

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
06pvibe

Dream Cars, Your Personal Choices

Post by 06pvibe »

So I thought it might be fun for all your gear-heads out there to list your favorite dream cars... the ones that may be obtainable but that you are liable never to see in your garage. List as many as you want in as many categories as you wish.The categories are (Copy and paste in a new/reply window, and if I miss any let me know): Exotic:Sports:Muscle:Classic:Sport Compact:Luxury:Everyday Driver:Jeep/Truck/4x4:Oh, and to make it even more fun, please include any reasoning or persoanl stories you may have.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
06pvibe

Re: Dream Cars, Your Personal Choices

Post by 06pvibe »

Exotic:Ferrari F40 or a 328SSports:1959-1960 MGA. I've always loved the classic and IMO beautiful look of these cars and miss being around them.1960 Bug-Eye (Frog-Eye) Sprite... boosted, of course. Has to have a supercharger on it.Lotus Elan. Great little cars. Lotus Super7. 3rd gen.Muscle:Hmmm... 1971 Dodge Challenger. They looked mean and the right ones had the power to back it up.1969-70 Olds 4-4-2, 4-speed rock crusher. NO slush-boxes allowed. One w/a 461 on it would be nice too. Classic:1957 Chevy 210, 2-dr sedan. This was my very first car and I didn't have it long enough to complete the project. I had wanted one since I first noticed them... when I was maybe 10yrs old. The 210 "Del Ray" is the middle trim car. It didn't have all the chrome and paint matched dash stuff the Bel Airs had. The classic V panels were painted instead of having the aluminum insert. I thought it was a nice compromise between the base 150's and the TOL Bel Air.1949-50 Ford 2dr sedan or convertible. Classic look and style. My older Bros first car was a '51 convertible and I remember it like it was yesterday... though that was nearly 50 yrs ago.1940 Ford Coupe. Nuff said.1956-'57 Vette!! Tooth pick grille, single 7" headlights and possibly (but not likely) FI. I'd settle for a 2-4 setup and already have the tools to adjust them!! Who doesn't like these C1's?Sport Compact:2008.5 - 2009 MazdaSpeed3 GT. CWP.S13-S14 chassised Nissan 240SX. Slammed and boosted. The JDM engine swap would be a must here. (I don't remember the engine designation right now.)Luxury:Never been a luxury car kinda' guy, but perhaps a '59 Caddie, if I had to choose.Everyday Driver:1981 Honda Civic GL HB. As some of you know, I fell into a 1980 1500DX HB back in the day. Thought it was a POS at first and didn't really like it. But then I started playing with it and was really happy w/the results in the end. The '81 is slightly different, and the GL trim adds a mechanical tach and slightly nicer interior.Got it!! My Mazda3 HB does the job, just wish I could get some more power from it w/o boost (re: $$$$.) Jeep/Truck/4x4:I worked for a JEEP dealer for 5-years and the only one I might want would be a CJ-5 w/the 304 V8... modified, certainly. Or, a Commanche short bed w/the 4.0L and 5-speed. The old Chevy pickups are an interest of mine also. From '49 to mmmm, '68? Again, I would do it with resto-modding in mind.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

No one cares to share their dreams and stories?No one wants to play?
03VibeOttawa

Re: Dream Cars, Your Personal Choices (06pvibe)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Good thread idea - I just daydreamed for 5 mins on my lunch break here. To save time, I limited myself to the first one that came to mind for each category (except for 'sports', which would have been too hard).Exotic:Porsche 918 Spyder (Though I’d be waiting around awhile for that one)Sports:Tesla RoadsterLotus Exige S 260Porsche 911 Turbo SMuscle:Ford GT Classic:1954-57 Mercedes Benz 300SL GullwingSport Compact:Subaru STI hatchLuxury:Aston Martin RapideEveryday Driver:Chevy VoltJeep/Truck/4x4:VW Touareg V10 TDI
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
KITT222

Re: Dream Cars, Your Personal Choices (06pvibe)

Post by KITT222 »

Exotic:Lancia Stratos (if that counts)Ariel AtomPagani ZondaNissan GT-RSports:Hennessey V1000 Cadillac CTS-V Sportwagon (because 1000hp grocery-getter)BMW M3Cateram 7 R500Holden UteHolden CommodoreMuscle:69 CamaroV8 VegaClassic:55 Chevy62 ImpalaChevy Chevette Delorean DMC-12Sport Compact:Subaru Impreza WRX STIThe Ultimate Pontiac Vibe: sport AWD with a 6-spd and turbo I4/V6 Chevy Cruze hatchbackFord Cosworth RS(not exactly compact, but) Volvo V70 R AWD OR V70 Cross CountryLuxury:Hennessey V1000 Cadillac CTS-V SportwagonAston Martin DB-SEveryday Driver:Pontiac VibeChevy Cruze RS (hatch)Chevy Volt/Opel Ampera (Ampera looks cooler!)Jeep/Truck/4x4:Range Rover SportAMC EagleHolden Ute (its a truck!)May be revised on a later date...
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Exotic: Oddly, I'm just not fond of exotics at all.

Sports: See sport compact below.

Muscle: I like the '67 Pontiac Firebird, I think it is an attractive car.

Classic: My older sister has a '74(? not entirely sure) Porsche 914 that I used to like to sit in when it was in my parents' backyard. That's the only one I have any experience with at all. It was her first car and Dad's shop painted it from some bizarre blue/yellow color to white. Apparently it keeps breaking down lately, wonder what my sister and her husband are going to end up doing to it.

Sport Compact: I really like the Mazda RX-8's handling for RWD (going by Forza 4 experience guys), all of the Mazdaspeed3's overall performance (and the Mazda3 feels a lot like the Vibe), and the Veloster Turbo is an attractive car and the normal version feels just like riding in the Vibe (but has stiff handling, maybe I should tinker more...in Forza of course). Ohmygod or that Vibe GT-R that never got released. DARN YOU PONTIAC.

Luxury: Bleh!

Everyday Driver: I really like the Vibe and the Mazda3. Know what would be really awesome? The Vibe with the new Skyactive Mazda3 engine. But also turbocharged. And with dual exhausts. And also an interior like the Veloster's. And with the monotone package. And the GM ground effects body kit. I could go on and on.

Jeep/Truck/4x4: The Mazda CX-5 is the only AWD SUV-type car I'm particularly fond of, but I still haven't driven one or anything. I'm just not into big cars.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

If I can pick one car it would be a 1968 Firebird 400. Why?...my father owned one. Also after 45 or so years the split grille, twin hood scoops hood tach & 4 recessed headlamps still look awesome especially in BLACK LOL. Sure its a Camaro knock off, but for a "reasonable" price you can still own a big block musclecar from the 60s. Back then Pontiac made thier own engines & did some suspension tweaking to differ from the Camaro. 335 HP from the factory & was underatted just like all the cars back then. I have seen a 68 run 12s in the Pure Stock Drags, with anchient technology. No computers etc, Really impressive for a car that is older than me ! They even offered a overhead cam staight 6...45 years ago.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/f ... _firebird/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Okay, I'll play!

Exotic:

Early 60's Lister Corvette. Most masculine car ever. Loved it ever since I saw one at the historic races in the 80's. And the sound as it passed by under acceleration!

Sports:

If I could have only one, it would be a 1964 Triumph TR4. I had a 1962 model in college and just loved it so much. The '64 has IRS, no side markers (big and clunky looking IMO) and a better looking billet-style grille.

If I could have a second, it would probably be a '66 or so Corvette roadster.

Muscle:

1971 Plymouth Road Runner. That hoop bumper just looks like it is going to scoop you up and spit you out the back. I used to hate how chunky it looked from the side view - the rear pillar and sides of the car. But I've seen them lowered right (not they typical jacked up drag look) but low and level and they look awesome to me now. There is a car builder here locally that can, for the right amount of money, put just about any classic body onto a C6 Corvette chassis and running gear. I would have them do this to the Road Runner if I could afford it - all 'Vette running gear and make it handle like a mo fo. Could then also be a daily driver!

Second choice would be a 1969 Boss 302. My favorite Mustang of all time. Would be a restomod car.

Classic:

Here's where it gets a bit weird. My family growing up was all Mopar for cars (and GMC for trucks). My grandpay had a mid-60's Plymouth Fury, and then had a '70 Fury. I ended up with a '72 Fury in high school. In order I'd want:

1965 Sports Fury with the stacked head lights and cantilevered roof.
1970 Sports Fury (hidden head lights).
1972 Fury III that I'd have totally lowered and customized (hey, they don't look that cool stock!).
1962 Fury convertible (body style was only one year). These are so funky looking - even the instrument panel is a trapezoid shape - so completely Jetsons!

Sport Compact:

This seems to indicate a modern car, so I think I'd choose MINI Cooper. Probably get one in BRG with a green roof and put a big ol' Brit flag on top.

Luxury:

1966 Pontiac Catalina. Simply to me one of the most beautiful, perfectly styled cars of all time.

I'd also love to have a 1969 Mercury Marauder X-100. So big and totally BAD A$$.

Also in that same theme, for camping I'd love a '69 or so Mercury Colony Park with "yacht paneling" woody sides! There was one here local that was lowered and had great wheels and tires - very cool with the hidden head lights.

Other favorites are 1966 Buick Riviera, and I'd take a 1969 Oldsmobile Toronado because it has the rounded wheel arches but they updated the rear to lose the droopy (removed) and put in knife edge rear fenders, and put a 1966 front clip on it because that is the best looking front end IMO.

If it was a modern luxury car there is only one choice for me - a Cadillac CTS-V wagon. Darth Vader's own car (well, he might drive the coupe but I like the extra room and cool long roof of the wagon).

Everyday Driver:

If I had all of the above already in the stable, I'd have a 2012 Boss Mustang in orange, yellow or white. I'd add a shaker hood scoop and side scoops and the upper scoops too. If it was orange or yellow I'd have wheels that had black centers with a chrome lip, but if it was white I'd get the Ford chrome "torque thrust" style. Black out the hood and have Boss 302 hocky-stick stripe going down the front fenders and out the back.

Jeep/Truck/4x4:

I love the current Dodge Ram with the side boxes. Got to rent one on a trip last year. Was very nice and I think the best looking truck out there.

I would also (since you are not limiting me to one pick!) have a 1959 GMC long bed - lowered and resto-modded and a 1962 Chevy SWB, also lowered and all motored up.
Last edited by Kincaid on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

OK my turn:

Luxury: I978 Eldorado Biarritz (last year before the major downsizing took place) with that mammoth 8.0 litre engine. Who cared about 8 - 10 mpg when you're floating on a cloud while cruising :o
Sports/Muscle: Early GM F-body cars. I'm talking the 67 - 69 Camaro Firebird line. Still the best in my opinion and owned one. My bro still has his '68 Camaro in pieces stored in a barn for over 20 years. He'll probably never get it back together. I may have to kidnap it in another 10 years when I retire :lol:

That's it. I'm not into any foreign cars at all
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Someone mentioned a Holden above - not sure what category a Holden Efigy (yeah, okay, stupid spelling on that name) would fall but I'd love one!

http://the-carclub.blogspot.com/2011/11/holden-car.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have to second the comment above on a Lotus/Caterham 7. I'd add that to the collection under "exotic" I suppose.

Also love the early 90's Mazda RX7. Still a beautiful, maybe even timeless, car design.
Last edited by Kincaid on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
VibeOnAWhim

Post by VibeOnAWhim »

I'm a realist....

Would really love a 1981-85 mazda rx7 with a bridge or street ported 13b/20b twin turbo and a mariah body kit.

Hell. Right now I would be happy having a stock 12a powered rx7 again.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Nice body kit on the RX-7!
BurnOnyx08

Post by BurnOnyx08 »

Fun thread, here goes

Exotic:Not an exotic fan, but really like the Lamborghini Gallardo or maybe an early to mid 90's Countach, had posters of that one on my wall as a kid

Sports:Any year for the Acura NSX

Muscle:'71 Olds 442 W-30, '67 Firebird, '70 Hemi 'Cuda, or really anything built in Detroit between '67 and '72 (that gets less than 12mpg lol)

Classic:See above

Sport Compact:'88 Civic or CRX J-spec, 1st car was an 88 Civic DX and I still miss it.

Luxury:BMW M6 Coupe?

Everyday Driver:My Vibe

Jeep/Truck/4x4:F-150 Raptor with all the options except the obnoxious paint job