TPMS on a 2008 Malibu LTZ

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
drunkenmaxx

TPMS on a 2008 Malibu LTZ

Post by drunkenmaxx »

All was well with the monitoring system for a while, then it got cold and my right rear got down to 26psi, which tripped the low pressure light. I checked the pressure myself with a guage, and it was low. I went and filled the tire with air to ~34psi. The car's monitor was still seeing the pressure in the right rear as 26, while the front right spiked to 48. Neither of the readings the car is giving me are correct. I unhooked the battery, which reset the guage and did a few ignition cycles and the readings are still way off.Anybody have any ideas?
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
lovemyraffe

Re: TPMS on a 2008 Malibu LTZ (drunkenmaxx)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Don't drive a Malibu
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
keithvibe

Re: TPMS on a 2008 Malibu LTZ (drunkenmaxx)

Post by keithvibe »

the front and rear sensors are swapped would be my guess... the computer thinks the rear is on the front and the front on the rear.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well on my SS, I rotate tires and it seems to read ok. But you could try doing the tmps reset. You'll need to read your owners manual, but it involves some button pressing on the remote, then letting air out of each tire until the tpms picks up the sensor.
drunkenmaxx

Re: (northvibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Yeah, I read that, gonna try that soon. My guess is the tires got rotated without a reset
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"