2012 Subaru Impreza

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
DeClerq

2012 Subaru Impreza

Post by DeClerq »

I've owned 3 Subarus in the past, this just may be number 4: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/0...inued
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
keithvibe

Re: 2012 Subaru Impreza (DeClerq)

Post by keithvibe »

i thought that was the new ford focus...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I will have to check it out once they are actually out. I should be down to just one Subie by end of the month, but will need something that can hold lots of "stuff" without a roof rack. I am actually leaning towards an older Forester that I can just pay cash as I prefer not to have any more car payments. But that reminds me of the first gen Vibes (which I like).
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kostby

Post by kostby »

Nice looking, but I didn't see any mention of price. Verdict: Normally aspirated version is "Not Fast Enough" for AKLGT!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
DeClerq

Re: (kostby)

Post by DeClerq »

Motor Trend estimated a price of $17,500-$20,000, but who knows how accurate their predictions are.I used to be all about speed (I did have a Forester XT), now I'm more impressed with the AWD and 27/36 mpg. I'm lucky to get 17 in my Santa Fe.
keithvibe

Re: (DeClerq)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by DeClerq » I'm lucky to get 17 in my Santa Fe.My 1990 buick century just got 26mpg... LOL Newer isn't always better...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Sublimewind

Re: 2012 Subaru Impreza (keithvibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »i thought that was the new ford focus... Actually, look down the side, minus the front fenders... Vibe'ish... Vibeus? FoVibe?lol...I'm a Subaru guy, but I'm having a difficult time getting on board with the newer designs... I'm stuck on my GC..
keithvibe

Re: 2012 Subaru Impreza (Sublimewind)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Actually, look down the side, minus the front fenders... Vibe'ish... Vibeus? FoVibe?lol...I'm a Subaru guy, but I'm having a difficult time getting on board with the newer designs... I'm stuck on my GC.. vibe down the side, focus front. You got that, focibe.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I really liked the latest version of the Impreza wagon.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ponta2147

Re: 2012 Subaru Impreza (keithvibe)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »vibe down the side, focus front.I feel like there is a mullet joke waiting to happen here."Business in the front, party in the back"
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
northvibe

Re: 2012 Subaru Impreza (Sublimewind)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Actually, look down the side, minus the front fenders... Vibe'ish... Vibeus? FoVibe?lol...I'm a Subaru guy, but I'm having a difficult time getting on board with the newer designs... I'm stuck on my GC.. no joke. This new subie is freaking bland... yuck.
AKLGT

Re: (kostby)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »Nice looking, but I didn't see any mention of price. Verdict: Normally aspirated version is "Not Fast Enough" for AKLGT!nope. not true. my current 2 vehicles are NA and they are just fine. 25-35 mpg per tank right now with plenty of pep and AWD for any conditions = awesome!If I want a sports car, I will buy a REAL sports car (sorry, but after driving the GTR and racing it for a yr and half, no matter what I did to my STI, it just wasn't even close). So, now, I just look at paying off debt so that I have my freedom to do what I want, when I want, without the restrictions of being tied down to a car payment or whatever else. As I get older, priorities change. my condo in Oahu > than a depreciating value car that I dump money into over and over again
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ya after drive a couple GTR's...going back to daily affordable cars SUCKS. But my ss can put a big smile on my face for the time being.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

my STI was such love/hate that though at times I miss the power, I really don't miss the car THAT much. the car i miss the most is my 05 LGT. Perhaps because she was the first and I put every single part on her myself (or with the help of someone nearby). I dunno, the STI, even though I did put most of the things on there in my garage, was just so damn frustrating! Oh well. I will be needing some kinda SUV/crossover something that gets great fuel econ, AWD and CHEAP for winter. RS will have to be parked for most of it, especially on big snow days.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Whelan

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Whelan »

Subaru almost looks to me like the "NEW" Honda. Meaning that they are making nice, sporty, mostly reliable cars that people actually want. And still offering a wagon and a hatch is a plus in any lineup.I was on the fence over my next purchase by next Spring of the WRX or the Focus ST. I am not a fan of the Subaru hatch and the new design didn't sit too well. That and the amenities in the Focus for daily commuting just seem to make it the winner.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

the new focus is SWEET! I has a want for RS though
StephenC

Re: (Whelan)

Post by StephenC »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Subaru almost looks to me like the "NEW" Honda. Meaning that they are making nice, sporty, mostly reliable cars that people actually want. And still offering a wagon and a hatch is a plus in any lineup. Subaru partsI was on the fence over my next purchase by next Spring of the WRX or the Focus ST. I am not a fan of the Subaru hatch and the new design didn't sit too well. That and the amenities in the Focus for daily commuting just seem to make it the winner.The 2012 Subaru Impreza is not that bad. Subaru claims it will come back a big-time highway mileage. The company is even bragging about it that the 2012 Subaru Impreza will be the most fuel-efficient in the field of all-wheel-drive automobile on the market.
DeClerq

Re: (StephenC)

Post by DeClerq »

I'd take one of these: http://www.motortrend.com/road...rive/ But seeing as how I bought a Mazda5 not too long after I started this thread, I'm out of the market for a while