need some help

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
joholste

need some help

Post by joholste »

Hey all...I need some help remembering what something is called. It's like an air additive that you put in the engine bay of your car. It uses water and electricity and splits the hydrogen and oxygen and pumps it into the air intake of the car, and I can't honestly remember what it's called. Can anyone help me out here?
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
10vibe

Re: need some help (joholste)

Post by 10vibe »

https://secure.wikimedia.org/w...d_carRead this first. It probably mentions what you are looking for. Laws of thermodynamics would probably infer that these things do not work. The law of conservation of energy basically says you have to put more into something than you can get out of it. More input than output. Youtube is full of hho cars and water fueled cars. Here is a couple:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rb_rDkw ... aq=fEdit:I am not saying that experimentation should not happen or that every idea is in conflict with stated laws. I would suggest, though, that if above laws does not directly address fuel econo-misers and alternate fuel theories, there is one other law that usually covers it, which is the "too good to be true" law. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.You can run internal combustion engines (ICE) on many things (mostly very related petroleum type products, natural gas, propane, and hydrogen [diesels get even more unique and interesting]), but it comes down to cost, quantity needed, consumption and consumption rate needed, size and storage of equipment and fuel storage needed, weight, and how or what is producing the energy for the conversion to produce said alternative energy. This is usually when you run head into the other laws. Same problem arises when trying to calculate the real energy used to make bio fuels, ethanol, etc. through the entire process from dust to dust, including transportation costs, fertilizers, planting, harvesting, etc.I would also suggest that trying to figure out btu or energy comparison rates between fuel vehicle is designed for, along with flash point, volatility, compression and combustion ratio and firing timing with alternative or supplemental fuel in concert with alternative fuel metering rates can get very interesting and volatile quickly. Also remember, we are not talking about carbureted engines anymore. Are we too lean, too rich, pre-detonating, and at what speeds, rpm's, load, humidity, altitude, barometric pressure, temperature, etc? Things are pretty precise and complicated. ECU's or PCM's run on algorithms that are not designed for these things. Sure, because of the closed loop concerning the o2 sensors there are some adjustments to fuel/air ratios based on exhaust gases, but it is a very limited range. Hydro-locking might be another problem in some of these really wacky gizmos. Finally, there is not a great conspiracy with the oil companies and car companies, especially considering the global aspects of car companies and the need to compete and to meet CAFE requirements. There is not a collusion to buy up and hide all these wonderful "100mpg carburetors", etc. It is probably safe to say everything being marketed right now is a sham. On the other hand, some laws are meant to be broken. It would be earth shattering to prove a law wrong or find another way. A real game changer. Without questioning boldly, we will never come up with new answers or innovations. I hate the term, but do not get trapped in the box. Think outside it.
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.