The GMC Granite a possible replacement for the Vibe?

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
JetBlack09VibeGT

The GMC Granite a possible replacement for the Vibe?

Post by JetBlack09VibeGT »

GM confirmed the GMC Granite to go to production...http://www.autoblog.com/2011/0...gain/
lovemyraffe

Re: The GMC Granite a possible replacement for the Vibe? (JetBlack09VibeGT)

Post by lovemyraffe »

p.s. holy signature pic Batman!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Honestly, I think GM is trying to find SOMETHING to replace the Vibe. They may have 'divorce remorse' over this one. The Vibe was a great car, and GM knows it.
kostby

Post by kostby »

In spite of semi-optimistic predictions in Autoblog, I don't expect the domestically-built GMC Granite trucklet concept to actually see production in anything like the concept form. Too many quirky concept-car features:the 'two-shelf' dashboard layout; high-style interior suitable for a $40,000 car, not a $20,000 car, andthose suicide rear doors (hard to create that much wide-open entry space and still meet side impact standards in a small vehicle.)Frankly, the people who truly miss the Vibe are Vibe owners. Old GM management absolutely HATED the Vibe. Old GM spent $0 publicizing it after launch. Had GM been interested in actually MARKETING it they could have sold them at a well over 100,000 a year rate instead of the actual Related thread --> http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=4Instead of building the functionally-similar Chevy HHR, GM could've eventually turned NUMMI into a Vibe-only production facility. Yet during the 2006 $4.00 gas price crisis, NOT ONE DIME was spent publicizing the Vibe as the highest domestically-built 5-door car in the GM lineup (36mpg for 1.8L/5-speed), and Vibe sales actually declined about 30% over the previous year. During the same period, Toyota Corolla sales increased by 38%.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Personally, I like the way it looks. But it looks like it lacks in the cargo room department. @ KostbyYeah, I think GM messed up with the way they treated the Vibe. Oh well...
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I would have had to see this in person to make a real judgment... online it looks really funky. But then again, I'd have to see how the "non-concept" version of this car turned out.I think we're becoming GMC fans... Chris is going to buy the Terrain in the next year or two (and we just convinced our foreign-model-loving friend that the crossover which best suited her needs was... a Chevy Equinox)I also thought the Sonic (the car replacing the Aveo) was pretty cute and looks a lot more upscale, more like a good competition to the Ford Fiesta/Mazda2. BUT in any case I'm not thinking about giving up my Vibe until it dies right out from under me!Still, sitting in some of those cars at the auto show was awesome (mazdaspeed3... mmm...)
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I still really like the Granite on the outside. Much better than the Element, Xb, Soul and Cube. Still not as attractive as the last generation Vibe, tho.Not a fan of the interior - that needs a lot of work to fix it up. Just cheapening it (in other words, simplifying) will help a lot if the material doesn't get nasty.To me it looks like it will hold more than the Vibe as long as it isn't a smaller package overall. Love the suicide doors - the single biggest cool selling feature. The Element gets away with it, but the Granite's opening does look longer overall. If they had a feature to slide the rear seat all the way back and folded up or out of the way somehow, that would be a hellacious hauler.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
joshuaeb09

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by joshuaeb09 »

I actually like the exterior styling more than my 09 GT. But I don't like the concept interior its not my thing. If I could get this with interior styling similar to my 09 GT I would get it in a heartbeat.
2009 Silver Vibe GT AutomaticI/H/E/Unichip @ 93octaneMy Garage : http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=43521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Gone (Sold)
2005 Expedition Limited 2WD|4R75W 4SPD Auto|3.73 Gears|I/E|5Star Tuned@ 91|3" Lift/Level - Current Ride
joholste

Re: (joshuaeb09)

Post by joholste »

that thing looks like a remote control car. I dislike it.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I like it. Its sharp!
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...a little (lot?) too WHIZ-BANG for my psyche, thanks.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
BLargal

Re: (Old Tele man)

Post by BLargal »

I like the look of it on the outside but inside...meh not my cup of tea! I mean those seats look like it will make my back and (removed) scream in pain after 15 minutes of driving in one, the turn signal and wiper blade/light or whatever the other one on the other side is used for is way to large and clunky looking, the dashboard just confuses me and I wouldn't know left from right on the darn thing and yea...inside if it stayed pretty much like this i'll prolly not give it a second look and by the time i'd be interested in buying it it would be as a used car as I just got my vibe i'll love and stick with that :3
jake75

Re: (KITT222)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Honestly, I think GM is trying to find SOMETHING to replace the Vibe. They may have 'divorce remorse' over this one. The Vibe was a great car, and GM knows it. Ya really think so? For one thing, I doubt that the Vibe was ever very profitable, if any profit considering all the incentives etc. Of course, perhaps there were many GM models in that predicament.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Is it going to be made in the same factory as the Scion xB?I do keep my GM Card semi active - my points started re-accumulating again in Jan. 2009 after my last purchase and they accumulate for a max of 7 years. Perhaps by Jan. 2016 (when my Vibe will probably have about 35,000 miles) I will be in the market again - or sooner if, God forbid, something should happen to my '09 Vibe. I'll be 74 by Jan. 2016 - so maybe I'll just be taking the nursing home bus to where I need to go. Of course the way things are going we may be back to living in caves by that time too.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."