Someones gettin a new car!!!!

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
audiovibe

Someones gettin a new car!!!!

Post by audiovibe »

Nope not me, but my wife is. In late March my wife's 06 Pacifica had the rear bank of rockers fail, early march both tie-rods went bad, and last November it started to drink a qt of oil every 1000 miles( this was presumed the PCV valve, it was replaced and the consumption slowed to a QT every 1500-1800 miles. There were also a few other issues that had all started within 5000 miles after warranty ran out. The rear rockers failed because the rockers use a plastic bushing that fails and clogs the oil line stopping the rockers from being lubricated. The front bank of rockers are on their way out as I write this. I bought the car new in December 05 and just paid it off last December, maintenance was followed by manufacture specs, and I have been convinced the car was cursed for the last 3 years. I am tired of putting money into the car and it pains me to get rid of it as the car should have many more years ahead, but oh well I guess. The car currently has 91,000 miles as my wife drives 120mi round trip every day. that total is with her being off work for a year due to an illness she had. So I am tired of putting money into it and I feel the car isn't going to be good to us so time to cut my losses. April 12th I ordered a 2010 Chevy Equinox loaded with everything but nav and rear seat entertainment to surprise my wife with. TODAY IT CAME IN!!! I am totally excited as Katie has no idea that she is getting a new car. The surprise couldn't be at a better time as it has been a year since she finished her treatment, so I am using this as a stepping stone to help her start a new page in her life. Another awesome bulletin that I am extremely happy about is that she has accepted a new Job that is 1/2 mile from home so the mileage will stay down. The only downside I see is that I now have a car payment for the next 3 years, I secured financing already but I am going to give the dealer an opportunity to see what they can come up with. I Pick the car up tomorrow and I will try to get some pics up before the weekend ends.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Congrats --- I've only heard good things about the new Equinox
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

Congrats!!.. the equinox is on my list as my next car, it is lovely!
TONY TAT2

Re: Someones gettin a new car!!!! (audiovibe)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Congrats also !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Congrats!!!So... you're going to video her reaction, right???
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Are you going to put a big red bow on it?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

congrats aron! great choice.katie will prob go nuts. like they said, don't forget to video tape it
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
nepvibe04

Post by nepvibe04 »

Nice choice, we have a couple more years on our ford escape but after that I think this will be our next vehicle
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Gotta see some pics!
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...well, what'd she say? "...feeling lucky, punk?"
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

[QUOTE=audiovibe] April 12th I ordered a 2010 Chevy Equinox loaded with everything but nav and rear seat entertainment to surprise my wife with. I am totally excited as Katie has no idea that she is getting a new car. [QUOTE]You rock Bro She'll be so surprised and grateful for you doing this I did a similar thing for my wife 11 years ago. Bought a hottub and some exercise equipment (Precor... not the cheap stuff) while she was at a seminar in Vegas! She came home and was SHOCKED. She has medical issues (circulation & then some) so it was a good move on my part. Believe it or not, ALL the equipment (mainly the hottub) get used DAILY.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
audiovibe

Re: Someones gettin a new car!!!! (tpollauf)

Post by audiovibe »

Sorry for the long update Friday about 5:30 we had a bad storm that came through and knocked out our power until this morning. I ended up with some water in the basement (about 120 gallons) so thankfully it isn't a finished basement. Sorry I didn't get a video of her getting the car and she was surprised as hell. we were at her parents house getting ready for her nieces B-Day party, when she was in the shower I rushed down to the dealership to pick it up. She got done getting ready and went to start loading a couple things into the car and was completely shocked when she didn't see her car but instead seen a brand new Equinox where she had left the Pacifica.We got it with 5 miles on it and now we have close to 75 as today we went to our cabin to celebrate fathers day. She really hasn't driven the car much as when ever we go some where I drive what ever car we take, but by the end of the week she will have close to 1000 miles from driving to work (thankfuly she starts a new job next week)The only regret I have is that I wish I would have gotten the LTZ as opposed to the LT2 The difference would have been memory seat and projector headlights for a $500 difference.Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »You rock Bro She'll be so surprised and grateful for you doing this I did a similar thing for my wife 11 years ago. Bought a hottub and some exercise equipment (Precor... not the cheap stuff) while she was at a seminar in Vegas! She came home and was SHOCKED. She has medical issues (circulation & then some) so it was a good move on my part. Believe it or not, ALL the equipment (mainly the hottub) get used DAILY.You have no idea how bad I want a hot tub, but soon we will be buying a new house and I will get one. Even without medical issues she would have been shocked. I never realized how important exercise was until I started back from a 16 year break, I feel so much better!Well here are a few pics, I ended with 12 pics before my battery died and 8 of them were extremely unstable bet here are a few. The color is actually Mocha steel metallic. It is a shade of brown but looks gray in some situations. She will like this alot more then the 18mpg she got in the Pacifica. This is probably 80% city driving.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

That looks awesome. Love that redesign!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Congrats on the new car - I love the new equinox's
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Now she HAS to you forever... or at least until the new car is paid off.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
audiovibe

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe » Now she HAS to you forever... or at least until the new car is paid off. I am really hoping forever!!!I did jokingly tell her that she has to buy my next car, that didn't go so well. So I guess Ill be up to 2 car payments in Sept/October.