Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights?

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Whelan

Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights?

Post by Whelan »

Wow. So I imagine this is more like the size of a Scion Xb and Kia Soul. But god awful and useless. Note they had to put it with a cool background to make it appealing.http://wot.motortrend.com/6621....html
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
VforVIBE

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (Whelan)

Post by VforVIBE »

What the pluck? f-ugly
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

It should be called the Nissan Puke.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
lovemyraffe

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (K-NINE)

Post by lovemyraffe »

MY EYES!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
bodhi_tree777

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (lovemyraffe)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

I just juked in my mouth a little.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Although I bet I wouldn't like how they resolve that roof line at the back, it looks kind of fun. Maybe they are going for the Suzuki X90 crowd?
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Cool!!! I'd buy one (if it came with a stick and a reasonable price...)! I'd say the headlights are in the middle.Nice to see something a little diffrent in a car! Apparently it gets a diesel option, and no slushbox with the oil-burner (if it makes it over here)!!! http://www.egmcartech.com/2010...-fall/
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »It should be called the Nissan Puke. Yep!A disturbing vehicle... No thanks.But hey, a face only a mother could love..

Attached files
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Silversn95

Post by Silversn95 »

What the hell is wrong with these people! Didn't anyone learn a lesson from the Aztek?
2009 Pontiac Vibe - 1.8L 5-speed 1SB Carbon Gray Metallic with 20% tint
ColonelPanic

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (ColonelPanic)

Post by ColonelPanic »

They obviously didn't learn that they shouldn't breed an Aztek with anything else. In this case, an Aztek knocked up a Versa.

Image Image
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I don't care who you are. That's funny right there.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

BOO!!!! Bad Aztek jokes!!! Just bad.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
ColonelPanic

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (VforVIBE)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Aww. You gotta get used to the Aztek being the poster child for bad designs. For the time being......You see, with things like the Honda Crossturd and this monstrosity, the Aztek will eventually not look so bad after all! Just as the Aztek took the Gremlin's place, the day where the Aztek will no longer be so hideous will come, somebody will have a car that replaces it.

Image Image
JetBlack09VibeGT

Post by JetBlack09VibeGT »

The lights at bumper level are to be the headlights. I would expect that there will be some changes to this before it goes into production for the US. I'm guessing the lights don't meet NHTSA regulations.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

yikes! another happy car

Attached files
Kincaid

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (star_deceiver)

Post by Kincaid »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Actually, I like it. It looks like it will be kinda on the small side, though. Not so roomy in the back seats. It doesn't look like the goofy Mazda grin to me at all. Maybe a little overwrought but not jarring to my eye.I'll give it a as well.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

I like it a lot!
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
bikeman1

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (Kincaid)

Post by bikeman1 »

Let's defer to the definitive site on ugly cars.....where the Aztec holds a place of honor and reverence.....http://www.fuglyrides.com/But....I agree with Kincaid. This Juke is >> cool. Reminds me more than a little of a car that shocked the world and largely sparked a crossover craze a few years ago ----you may have heard of it. It wasn't well received at first either.http://www.automobilemag.com/r....htmlI think the Juke has powerful design with a short wheel base. A different animal from the Vibe to be sure. But looking at it makes me want to try driving it. Sure looks like more fun than trying to crawl into a Scion Xa. and for fugly cars, we still have the element.... me too Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »Actually, I like it. It looks like it will be kinda on the small side, though. Not so roomy in the back seats. It doesn't look like the goofy Mazda grin to me at all. Maybe a little overwrought but not jarring to my eye.I'll give it a as well.
Gamma Vibe ==> 2007 Base 5-speed, Neptune
Delta Vibe ==> 2009 Base 2.4L 5-speed, Red Hot Metallic
but still more bikes than Vibes....
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

They are going to offer this in a diesel and or turbo?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Kincaid

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (JetBlack09VibeGT)

Post by Kincaid »

Quote, originally posted by JetBlack09VibeGT »The lights at bumper level are to be the headlights. I would expect that there will be some changes to this before it goes into production for the US. I'm guessing the lights don't meet NHTSA regulations. Well, all bets are off if they change it up to meet NHTSA regs. It's the juxtaposition of the front lights that gives it the interesting character. I they leave the grin but make the lights more convential then it becomes just another goofy look (maybe).
ponta2147

Re: (bull77)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »yikes! another happy car
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Yep!A disturbing vehicle... No thanks.But hey, a face only a mother could love.. i know... what's with these ugly front ends all of a sudden? makes me think nissan hired the designer that subaru fired a few years ago for trying to put airplane noses on all the cars...
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Oh noes, I liked those Subies too.Well I saw one of these at the auto show and still liked it even more. I really liked the interior - well, at least of the red one that was there. The interior had red painted accents - the center console and in each door. Tonight I checked on the Nissan website and was disappointed that the only choices seem to be red or silver painted, so you can't match to any other exterior color. There are also some cool striping options.I'd either go for red with a black off set stripe, or perhaps more likely, white with the red/black stripe, red painted interior accents and perhaps a checkered tail accent.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I thought it was hideous at first.. but now I like them! It just looks like a REALLY happy car!
keithvibe

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (ou.grizzly)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »They are going to offer this in a diesel and or turbo? It comes with a turbo.Small and worthless... Seen one the other day though, I still think it's ugly
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
06pvibe

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights? (keithvibe)

Post by 06pvibe »

It seems Nissan is making a lot of ugly vehicles these days... and on purpose too!!'Course, so is Mazda, as witnessed by the pic of that 2010 sedan. the Mazdaspeeds have THREE smiley chins which makes their top of the line, bread and butter car the ugliest of the bunch!!The Sentra/Altima are horrible up close, I can't stand to even look at the Murano, the Juke is too weird for words, and as stated, pretty useless. And on and on....My mother's last car was/is a lowly but well equipped 2009 Sentra. Up close it was ugly, had little power, scary brakes and emergency maneuvering abilities, it didn't seem to get very good mileage, even w/the CVT tranny, and generally handled like crap. Nope, not impressed w/Nissan and it's been a while since I have been.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
kostby

Post by kostby »

Don't forget the French Connection. Renault and Nissan formed a 'Global Alliance' in 1999. Renault increased their stake to 44% and became a joint venture in 2002. Nissan since took a 15% stake in Renault. In the process, they must've fired all the Nissan accountants, because the stylists have had the run of the place ever since.But the French (especially Citroen) have always had 'unique' car designs:The Citroen 2CV the Model T of post WW2 France.--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_2CV(and also links to the close relatives Ami, Dyane, Acadiane, the Mehari)The Citroen DS deemed an 'executive car'--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_DSBut while we're on the subject of 'ugly', here's the Nissan Cube...

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Might run in the family for me - my Dad had a Citroen DS with quad headlights, then owned several Renaults in the 80's.As for Nissan styling - I agree it is mostly regrettable. Only the Altima and the 370z are keepers. I like the Juke, don't like the rest of their cars or SUVs (Frontier is okay).
Whelan

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by Whelan »

I'm a fan of the Maxima, always have been. But The Sentra is in DESPERATE need of a makeover re-do. As is the Versa. They need to make it more of a Fiesta competitor than a Toyota Yaris, Hona Fit wannabe. The trucks could use some help too. The Frontier is aged and the Xterra is do for some upgrading.Although I hand it to Nissan for sticking with the XTerra's truck based roots, and offering a separate albeit more expensive car based SUV called Murano. If only the Murano wasn't pricing itself out of the market.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Nissan and their weird cars.. how about the new Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet! Yes, a two door, convertible Murano crossover! Something doesn't sound right about this.. A top heavy, convertible..
Sputnik

Re: Nissan Juke, which ones are the headlights?

Post by Sputnik »

So.... I test drove a Nissan Juke on Saturday and totally loved it. I'm looking to replace my '08 Rogue with a smaller vehicle. I love Nissans and I love the height of SUVs but I want a small vehicle. The Versa makes me yawn... the Juke is perfect for what I'm looking for. Has XM/NAV/backup cam, leather, auto climate control, bluetooth etc etc. All the techy things I like. The front end... well its not fantastic but honestly once you're in the car its not like you can see it anyway! It has turbo, normal and eco drive modes too.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

Did you look at the Kia Soul or Scion XB? The XB is compact on the outside and has loads of room inside especially with the back seats down. I get about 27-28 mpg driving start and stop traffic and a mix of highway and city. Yes the Camry engine in it is not the greatest gas miser but it does make the XB drive well on the road.

A lot of folks loved the first gen XB(04-06) but I thought it was under powered and trust me you find religion driving that thing(especially coming off the off ramp and hoping you have enough power to both merge into traffic and not get run over by that truck) Yes it got good gas mileage(32-35mpg) but who cares about gas mileage when you are run over by a truck??
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Pick up my Juke on Monday (probably). :) In time for my birthday on Tuesday! Happy birthday to me! LOL
GenVibe Global Moderator

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I don't know if anyone's answered the original question yet, but the headlights are the top ones.

I've been calling the Juke the Nissan Aztek.

I don't find it as ugly anymore, though. It's less plain than the Versa, at least...
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

lannvouivre wrote:I don't know if anyone's answered the original question yet, but the headlights are the top ones.

I've been calling the Juke the Nissan Aztek.

I don't find it as ugly anymore, though. It's less plain than the Versa, at least...
Actually no the top ones are the signal indicators. The middle (round) ones are the headlights. And the fog lights are the bottom ones.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Hey congrats on the Juke! Certainly don't see many around so you'll be relatively unique. I still like them well enough - but meanwhile I saw the restyle of the formerly great looking Altima, and it looks quite homely.

What color did you get?
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Kincaid wrote:Hey congrats on the Juke! Certainly don't see many around so you'll be relatively unique. I still like them well enough - but meanwhile I saw the restyle of the formerly great looking Altima, and it looks quite homely.

What color did you get?
So I'm going to have two of the most unique cars out there with the Leaf and the Juke. ;) My Juke is Sapphire Blue Onyx (aka Black with blue metallic bits). ;) Pick it up tomorrow... picks will follow of course!
GenVibe Global Moderator

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Sputnik wrote:Actually no the top ones are the signal indicators. The middle (round) ones are the headlights. And the fog lights are the bottom ones.
I still can't remember where I read that, it drives me crazy. I think it was a car magazine review...
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit