VIBE VS. MUSTANG

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
cp_stunna_2011

VIBE VS. MUSTANG

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

heres the deal my competition is a **** talking a-hole who just bought a 1994 mustang with an all fiberglass body kit, and a stage 1 cam upgrade, as well as a v6 under teh hood, the body and everything is in total nasty condition so i got him there. ive researched his car and found it only had max dyno at 145 and i just ordered my CAI, what do you guys/girls think???
Baby Blue
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...under maximum acceleration, remember the effective load-transfer is from FRONT to REAR, which means a FWD vehicle will be trying to "squat" the rear tires to the detriment (lift) of the driving front wheels....it's the other-way around with RWD cars, where load transfer actually "helps" the rear wheels transfer power to the road.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
lovemyraffe

Re: VIBE VS. MUSTANG (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by lovemyraffe »

It's a Mustang...enough said.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
cp_stunna_2011

Re: VIBE VS. MUSTANG (lovemyraffe)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

yeah the worst years of the mustang EVER 94-98, i still love all cars and their RESPECTABLE owners but not his good for nothing (removed). i am willing to do wat it takes to beat him, i already know my dads 2002 suburban and moms 2006 malibu would smoke his car so i fugre imma make it a family affair.....
Baby Blue
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

he has cams? is it tuned? I know its heavy but he'd prolly beat you, unless you are a GT.
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (northvibe)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

im not a gt, and his deffiently isnt tuned and it also has a magnaflow dual exhaust, oh and he got 1 used JL 13.5 w7, which is my dreamm sub........so yeah im pissed right now, conisedering the amunt of money he owes whcih is a lot i have the right to be pissed, and competitive. And my knwledge of cars compared to his is enormous. i hate him its true, and i will e willing to do most anyting to beat him, i already have dynamat and superior door speakers and amplifier. now i just have to beat him perfomance wise and sound wise, or both....
Baby Blue
Kamikaze

Re: (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by Kamikaze »

I know AJ eats 6cyl mustangs for breakfast. I believe he's got a Cold air intake, Magnaflow exhaust, DC Sports header and unichip. Not sure if that's out of the hole or a roll on...easiest way to make some added power... throw a 75 shot of Nitrous on there... that should do it.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

is 75 ok on 1zz stock?well with all that audio it adds weight gotta lighten up that vibe. Yeah im with Kam, its gonna take bolt ons with a tune specially if you got your car weighted down by audio equipment.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

I think the "mine is bigger than yours" argument comes to mind.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
keithvibe

Re: (northvibe)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »he has cams? is it tuned? I know its heavy but he'd prolly beat you, unless you are a GT.this..... ^^^^^you would walk him if you had a gt.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »im not a gt, and his deffiently isnt tuned and it also has a magnaflow dual exhaust, oh and he got 1 used JL 13.5 w7, which is my dreamm sub........so yeah im pissed right now, conisedering the amunt of money he owes whcih is a lot i have the right to be pissed, and competitive. And my knwledge of cars compared to his is enormous. i hate him its true, and i will e willing to do most anyting to beat him, i already have dynamat and superior door speakers and amplifier. now i just have to beat him perfomance wise and sound wise, or both.... Ah, children. It's just a car, he's just one of the thousands of annoying people you will encounter during your life upon this earth. Let it go, the guys an idiot (according to you) why join him and prove that you are one also??Drive away from him with your head held high..... Or race him, possibly have an accident while doing so and suffer the consequences of that for your life. There is a LOT more to life than having a better/faster car but you may have to figure that out on your own!Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Houston

Re: (djkeev)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by djkeev »Ah, children. It's just a car, he's just one of the thousands of annoying people you will encounter during your life upon this earth. Let it go, the guys an idiot (according to you) why join him and prove that you are one also??Drive away from him with your head held high..... Or race him, possibly have an accident while doing so and suffer the consequences of that for your life. There is a LOT more to life than having a better/faster car but you may have to figure that out on your own!Dave
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

DON'T fight with an idiot.. They will only bring you down and beat YOU with experience.. How are you planning on beating them? Speed?Sound? Weapons? Looks?Retardation factor?Sounds like you are planning a street race... .... Which is a GREAT way to perpetuate more street race retardation... Especially if you or him wrecks and dies.. IF you REALLY want to beat the guy, ask him to go camping... Then throw the grill and everything else in the back and meet him at the camp-site... Make sure that he brings his rustange... camp for the weekend and see how it goes... lol..
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Someones sig states something about don't stoop to an idiots level bc they will beat you with experience.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok ok, i see what you are all saying, im trying to beat him with sound, appearance, and performance. his car is pretty much held together by bondo and chicken wire, so im not worried about that, right now im running light with just my door speaker amp, and he has no audio at all, which i learned of this morning....so im just worried abotu perfromance, i know under strenuous testing my motor would beat his, but put in that car im not to sure, my next step is exhaust, my CAI should be here anytime today, its just a waiting game.
Baby Blue
Houston

Post by Houston »

Your young life has a long way to go. I'm 67 and have been there and done it. Believe me, you will run into many, many guys like the one with whom you're competing. He's part of your life now, but may be gone tomorrow and be replaced by somebody else. Let this nonsense go before you find yourself paying a really big price. It can hurt much more than you realize.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

somewhere on a mustang forum another teen new driver is posting about a"**** talking a-hole " who thinks his crippled pos minivan can beat a mustang. it does seem silly, but most of us have been there. No sermon from me on this one, I remember, it wouldn't be heard.
ajflan

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by ajflan »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »I know AJ eats 6cyl mustangs for breakfast. I believe he's got a Cold air intake, Magnaflow exhaust, DC Sports header and unichip. Not sure if that's out of the hole or a roll on...easiest way to make some added power... throw a 75 shot of Nitrous on there... that should do it.Both lol. A six cylinder mustang is not that fast at all, but I don't beat them by that much. Just enough to make them realize that their super cool mustang got taken by a vibe
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
L5K

Post by L5K »

If you are dead set on doing this, you need to do it right. Go to a drag strip, with equipment and lights and timers and run it there. Doing this on the street is stupid and dangerous. Am I fair to guess you don't pay your own insurance, and didn't pay for the car yourself?
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
ajflan

Re: (L5K)

Post by ajflan »

Quote, originally posted by L5K »If you are dead set on doing this, you need to do it right. Go to a drag strip, with equipment and lights and timers and run it there. Doing this on the street is stupid and dangerous. Am I fair to guess you don't pay your own insurance, and didn't pay for the car yourself?I think thats a fair assumption. He's only 16.
ou.grizzly

Re: (ajflan)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by ajflan »I think thats a fair assumption. He's only 16.Some of us turned tricks on the corner to pay for our belongings way before the age of 16.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

no, but very common misconception, i actually am paying for the vibe through payments, and even the i am 16 it shouldn't matter. I have a job and am putting the money towards the vibe...and my CAI SOUNDS SWEEET, i am very impressed with cosmo racing, it was a ***** getting it to fit under the little lens backing for the headlights.
Baby Blue
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Hey bud it was nothing against you being 16, it's just that most people that age don't have much money. I know that I sure didn't. Hell I don't have much now lol.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

yeah i dont have that much but i am in process of buying it i am 4 payments down who knows how many more to go lol, i have been savng for a car for about 2 years, and the job helps.
Baby Blue
Houston

Post by Houston »

Well, young man, I'm impressed with your enthusiasm. Are today's young men as into cars as we were back when I was a kid, or are they more into computer games and that sort of thing?
Sublimewind

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »somewhere on a mustang forum another teen new driver is posting about a"**** talking a-hole " who thinks his crippled pos minivan can beat a mustang. it does seem silly, but most of us have been there. No sermon from me on this one, I remember, it wouldn't be heard.No truer words, I just talk a lot... lol..
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Quote, originally posted by L5K »If you are dead set on doing this, you need to do it right. Go to a drag strip, with equipment and lights and timers and run it there. Doing this on the street is stupid and dangerous. Am I fair to guess you don't pay your own insurance, and didn't pay for the car yourself?Agreed....Back in the day i used to have an early 80's Olds Delta 88 with the 307 and turbo 350 4 speed tranny. I used to take down V6 mustangs all of the time, however I paid the price in speeding tix and getting to know the local police very well....To add insult to injury, i had a dragstrip right in my backyard (Moroso Motorsports Park).
In Memory, taken too early in a rear end collision
Sunrise: June 2006, Sunset: Jan 2015 :cry:
Miles 129,000
2006 Silver Mono, Base 4-Speed auto.
In Memory of Pontiac Motor Division 1926-2010
In Memory of the Pontiac Vibe 2002-2009
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Quote, originally posted by ajflan »Hey bud it was nothing against you being 16, it's just that most people that age don't have much money. I know that I sure didn't. Hell I don't have much now lol. Amen Brother........
In Memory, taken too early in a rear end collision
Sunrise: June 2006, Sunset: Jan 2015 :cry:
Miles 129,000
2006 Silver Mono, Base 4-Speed auto.
In Memory of Pontiac Motor Division 1926-2010
In Memory of the Pontiac Vibe 2002-2009
star_deceiver

Re: (Houston)

Post by star_deceiver »

I'd text you my response but this "driving" thing is getting in the way of my multimedia!!!Myself and a couple of my friends are into cars, but a few of them still can't put down the damn cell phone!!! Some people should just take the bus!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

Well some of my friends are, but not into the detail i am...most are heavily into all kinds of sports. I love cars....which body kit should i get, Duraflex or the AIT one, i like the style of the AIT better, and would be very careful so i dont wreck it....?
Baby Blue
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Links to kits?
L5K

Post by L5K »

GM body kit looks good. IMO the others are just like every other body kit on every other tuner.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »Well, young man, I'm impressed with your enthusiasm. Are today's young men as into cars as we were back when I was a kid, or are they more into computer games and that sort of thing? both, probably. The fast food parking lots of the world are full of kids talking smack, just like back in the day . The older generations had cooler cars to tinker with, though. OP, for what its worth, street racing is dumb for all sorts of reasons. I hope, if you race, you find a nice, smooth airstrip somewhere, something like that, and do it right. Don't endanger other people just to prove a point.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok im not gunna race the kid, im in the game for how much HP i can get outta the Dyno...and i will post body kit links later....
Baby Blue
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

this is the kit i want and was wondering what you guys thought? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories
Baby Blue
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

none of the pics load...
Houston

Post by Houston »

Although the photo doesn't load for me this morning, I did see it yesterday - the front end, anyway. Quite frankly, I think it sucks. But it's your car, so do as you will.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

Oh its the AIT racing GRS style one, usually they show it on a white vibe
Baby Blue
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I just can't help it, but every time I read this thread I think of this pic.... The pics for the kit won't load for me either..
star_deceiver

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by star_deceiver »

Ricers in action!!! LOLQuote, originally posted by Sublimewind » I can't get the pics or find them on google, either...
L5K

Post by L5K »

I believe that's a victory photo as they have just pulled into a driveway without smashing the kit on the Honda.It'd be interesting to see what those two cars look like after they... you know.... drive them somewhere. Especially the unprotected and freshly painted intercoolers.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

Baby Blue
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Not bad looking, and the price is good. Under $500 after shipping! Buy it, Paint it, Install it. A little weekend project for you!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »Here....http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product/32 ... tmlThat'll be great, till you hit your first steep Midland driveway and rip the front bumper off...
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ive been looking for less steep slopes where i usually drive, and was very very careful when i had my neons on....
Baby Blue
L5K

Post by L5K »

Or you could keep the car capable of being driven wherever you want to go, instead of looking for alternate routes.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

or same routesd different aproach....
Baby Blue
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Was this thread hi-jacked by it's original poster. The Others turned into an Exterior thread. LOL.Or just get yourself some air bags and prop up when driving and sit low while parked or at the lights. Kits are'nt always necessary. I have the OEM side skirts and front and rear lips/valences on my Matrix XR AWD. Finished the car nicely and if I had the ambition, money, time, or will to put a different set of springs/camber kit/shocks I could lessen the stock wheel gap for better appearance. Unfortunately I drive my car 50 miles roundtrip each day for work (add another 40 if I go to my gf's), which I would rather enjoy the normal ride instead of teeth jarring and stiffness.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (Whelan)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

yep, thats why im just sticking to the kit.....if i could find a GM kit i would think i would seriously consider it, but i cant find it...
Baby Blue
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Yup, the gm kits are incredibly hard to find. I was lucky enough to snag one off eBay last spring. In my opinion, the gm kit is by far the best exterior mod you can do. As long as the car is lowered as well.