Oh boy, let it begin!

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
damronjr

Oh boy, let it begin!

Post by damronjr »

Just got the Stage 1 kit installed and a performance stiffer BOV spring, Mr UPS just brought me these today!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Raven

Re: Oh boy, let it begin! (damronjr)

Post by Raven »

Just wondering. Why did you post 6 pictures of packed and partially packed wheels? The one of the actual wheel is nice, very similar to my Motegi rims but mine are gunmetal.
goochsmooch

Re: Oh boy, let it begin! (Raven)

Post by goochsmooch »

Quote, originally posted by Raven »Just wondering. Why did you post 6 pictures of packed and partially packed wheels? The one of the actual wheel is nice, very similar to my Motegi rims but mine are gunmetal.For the DRAMA! Nice build up man Those will look great. Nice choice.
2009 1.8L Vibe - Manual
damronjr

Re: Oh boy, let it begin! (goochsmooch)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by goochsmooch »For the DRAMA! Nice build up man Those will look great. Nice choice.Yep and thanks, should be on this weekend!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Raven

Post by Raven »

I knew that but not to be nasty, I have better things to do than look at cardboard.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

here I got goodies for yahttp://members.streetfire.net/...5.htm
damronjr

Re: (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »here I got goodies for yahttp://members.streetfire.net/...5.htmThat exhaust sounds like crap IMO, definitely not what I want!
damronjr

Latest and greatest!

Post by damronjr »

northvibe

Post by northvibe »

soooo hows stage 1 feel?
damronjr

Re: (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »soooo hows stage 1 feel? Awesome! Took it to the track, managed to go from a best of 10.1XX to a new best of 9.415! On that run, I somehow managed to hook off the line, but still managed to lose traction down the track and spun some, losing time. Most of the runs I spun through 1st until it hit 2nd off the line. I need some sticky tires bad!
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Congrats on your wheels and tires. While it looks really nice all I see is $$$'s when I look at the photos and think about how much those tires cost and how many miles you'll probably get out of them, especially doing track driving. I also think of the areas I can no longer park in and not worry if my entire car will be there or not when I return!Glad you like it though, enjoy the thrill of the new! It will soon become the norm and you'll be seeking a new auto accessory "high" soon enough.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
damronjr

Re: (djkeev)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by djkeev »Congrats on your wheels and tires. While it looks really nice all I see is $$$'s when I look at the photos and think about how much those tires cost and how many miles you'll probably get out of them, especially doing track driving. I also think of the areas I can no longer park in and not worry if my entire car will be there or not when I return!Glad you like it though, enjoy the thrill of the new! It will soon become the norm and you'll be seeking a new auto accessory "high" soon enough.DaveYou obviously never saw my Vibe!
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Kind of looks like a hearse. I am digging it.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Merzbow

Re: (damronjr)

Post by Merzbow »

Looks great Jason I like the HHRs with the panels instead of windows too. Very good potential!Dave, that's the whole point of modding cars. Everything's expensive and everything makes you worry but it's a hell of a lot better than spending the money on a different pass time like alcohol or cocaine isn't it??? lol. That's my justification for spending the money.BTW those are 17's right? The tires for 17's aren't that bad anyways soo totally worth it to set yourself apart from the rest of the mindless zombies driving around in identical cars.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
damronjr

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »Looks great Jason I like the HHRs with the panels instead of windows too. Very good potential!BTW those are 17's right? The tires for 17's aren't that bad anyways soo totally worth it to set yourself apart from the rest of the mindless zombies driving around in identical cars.Don't have the panels, just have the windows tinted so on black it almost looks like the rear windows are panels! lol And the wheels are just as stock, 18x7.5, used the OEM tires and all for now. Def sets me apart, very few SSers have put any other wheels as is. Thanks for the compliments guys, I think a drop might be in the future!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

nice rim choice. and not many SS'ers there slap on different wheels? up here, we're all wheel whores! :lol: swapping them around like musical wheels/tires.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Merzbow

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Merzbow »

I have only seen I think 2 or 3 HHR SS's around here on the strips. I really like them in red also. One guy has a red one with tint, and a white stripe on the side. Looks awesome. Haven't seen one lowered yet either, I am excited to see yours dropped.Sorry a little off topic but, Hope, here in Michigan, our Subaru population spiked, we might have almost as many as you up there lol. I think there are more STIs around here than Mustangs now and Mustangs used to make up like at least 60% of the total cruiser population on the strips.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I've not seen one HHR or SS version, G8, or the likes at our strip yet. then again, opening day was only 10 days ago. Guess we'll wait and see what this summer brings.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I was just thinking about the HHR and if you've done anything...Drop indeed needs to be done, I'm taking it you don't want to go thru the whole air bag experience again?It's missing something... I haven't put my finger on it, but looking at the pictures, It needs something for the "wow" factor... Don't get me wrong the wheels look nice, it just needs something else visually to set it off...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Future plans include a slight drop (NO BAGS! LOL), DMH exhaust cut-out, new sub and amp, black out all the grey plastic on the front end, black led tails, black out the reflectors, black out the calipers, we'll see form there if/when I get all that done! lol