traded up the 06 vibe for....

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
gr8vibe

traded up the 06 vibe for....

Post by gr8vibe »

THIS! 2009 Honda CR-V EX. **CLICK FOR BIGGER PICS**So far, day 2, I feel this care is more me than the vibe was. Although it was very hard to let it go. Whaddya yall think??
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
Caretaker

Re: traded up the 06 vibe for.... (gr8vibe)

Post by Caretaker »

well, I think you would have liked the new generation Vibe; but in all, you have bought a bullet-proof car and should keep it for a very long time (unless of course gas prices go through the roof and you regret your city mileage). Very smart purchase though overall. Enjoy gasing it up and changing the oil, cause that's about all you need to do with your new baby.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I'm not CRaVing it at all
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

Its funny because all the cars I looked at, I didnt give the new vibes even a glance. I wanted something bigger, and of course, Honda or Toyota were on my radar from day 1. But the closer I got, the more I felt scared of letting go of the ole' girl. When it was time to drive away from the dealership, it was bittersweet. But all in all, like I said, I feel like this car is more ME. And isnt that what you want when you get a new car?
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

nice purchase. i took a look at this when car shopping. it was either that or rav4 lol but i ended up with a vibe somehow.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
NascarXprt

Re: (lowincash)

Post by NascarXprt »

yea for some reason the front end does not do it for me but nice purchase.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
bull77

Post by bull77 »

nice crv -- do they come with a 3rd row option?
michaelgt

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by michaelgt »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »yea for some reason the front end does not do it for me but nice purchase. I second this. Makes me think of the front end of an Aztek.I am waiting for the new Equinox. 32 mpg highway.
scherry2

Re: traded up the 06 vibe for.... (keithvibe)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »I'm not CRaVing it at all ditto.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Interior on these things are light years ahead of the Vibe; that is a fact. They are unique looking, that is for sure. If you ended up with the AWD, be ready to change out the rear-diff fluid every 24,000 miles or so. Other wise you will be having a rear-diff failure. Honda has been having issues with the rear-diff's on the new CRV AWDs.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i cant see pics at work...but my friends wife was in the market recently for a suv, looked at the crv and rav4 both were over priced and then I did some research on CR and found the mitsu outlander was top rated...she got that for low 20k new and it actually is freaking awesome. But getting a new car is always enjoyable..well after the money is gone out of your bank factor. good luck with the new car.
808 Vibes

Re: traded up the 06 vibe for.... (scherry2)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »ditto. +1.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
HighMileVibe

2 cents

Post by HighMileVibe »

Good buy but I dont think you gained much unless it was the AWD. If you look at the space numbers, the CRV is only marginally larger. I can say this for the CRV it has one of the best $/mile cost for small SUV's at $0.41. The Mitsu, though initially cheaper, is probably about $0.46/mile. You say 5 cents a mile is not much but that is $750 per year, the initial cost difference quickly closes and the Honda becomes the better buy. If you rack up a lot of miles on these two, you better have the NEW CAR replacement policy on the Mitsu because your miles / depreciation will quickly have you in the RED (upside down on owing vs. value). This is more money out of pocket. Hondas do not have this issue due to the fantastic resale value - you will probably in be in the red with the Honda for about the 6 months.A friend went through this with a new Ford Explorer. Get broadsided, bent the whole car up, got a settlement check for $3000 LESS than what he owed due to the miles he had racked up in the year, about 20k.About front ends...The new Honda pilot, multiple acura's and several toyotas have all gone with the (removed) ugly, multi-angle, convuluted, Hyundai circa 90's look. It makes me think the Honda and Toyota designers got hired by Hyundai and Hyundai's fired designers went to Japan. The Hyundai's are looking clean and sharp yet distinctive and the big two from Japan are looking confused, forced and look-at-me, in-your-face designs. Anyone else see this "swap"?
2006 Platinum base, Auto, 145k miles+, now a 2004 Matrix 190k+ mods: Leather wheel, Homelink dimming mirror, ribbed cargo mat, blackberry mount, Jensen VM8023HD HU, mudflaps, bumper guard, double armrest Other cars: 97 Accord Coupe, 2000 GMC Savana conversion, 97 Miata M-edition. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=37345 http://www.gotlife.org
isaaclud

Re: 2 cents (HighMileVibe)

Post by isaaclud »

Quote, originally posted by HighMileVibe »The Hyundai's are looking clean and sharp yet distinctive and the big two from Japan are looking confused, forced and look-at-me, in-your-face designs. Anyone else see this "swap"?i too have noticed this. good call, Hyundai has really developed a striking theme for thier recent product. Honda meanwhile kinda let the Acura designers go nuts. And not in a good way.
PEACEISAAC
KrazyB

Re: (bull77)

Post by KrazyB »

Well I always bought Hondas, until I had the toyota engine in the vibe and now only buy toyotas hands down I think the engines are much stronger. Just my opinion though. You will love your new car should be solid for the life of it.
vibolista

Re: gr8vibe

Post by vibolista »

I'm a long time Honda guy, but after Sohiro Honda died, Honda design went down a different road. They are still great reliable cars, but on average, they sure don't look as cohesively good as they once did.I'm with the others that grill work! The C pillar and side window thing toward the rear is not exactly right, either. I don't think they even offer a manual anymore on the CRV. Advertized mileage isn't great. I looked at the CRV and Rav, too, before deciding on the Vibe. Can't argue with excellent Honda interior, for the most part, they still do those really well. But the Vibe interior is not that bad... especially when you consider that it was probably designed back in 02 or so.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
jake75

Re: (northvibe)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »i can't see pics at work...but my friends wife was in the market recently for a suv, looked at the crv and rav4 both were over priced and then I did some research on CR and found the mitsu outlander was top rated...she got that for low 20k new and it actually is freaking awesome. But getting a new car is always enjoyable..well after the money is gone out of your bank factor. good luck with the new car.The CRV overpriced? The '09/'10 Vibe is nearly as much. If I hadn't got such a good deal on the '09 I think I might have opted for the CRV. [Actually absent that good deal I would still be driving my '03 Vibe.] I am neutral on the CRV front end - but totally negative on the Rav4 rear end dominated by the spare tire.Too bad Subaru is all 4 wheel drive - the Forester would be an excellent alternative if $1,500 less in 2 wheel drive. IMO CRV
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by gr8vibe »So far, day 2, I feel this care is more me than the vibe was. Although it was very hard to let it go. Whaddya yall think??Shoulda got a Rogue.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
jake75

Re: traded up the 06 vibe for.... (Sputnik)

Post by jake75 »

The Nissan Rogue would also be on my personal "short list".My next door neighbor's girl friend (he's a spry 80) just got a new Kia Rondo. He is driving it most of the time. I'll have to ask him how he likes it.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Sputnik

Re: traded up the 06 vibe for.... (jake75)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »The Nissan Rogue would also be on my personal "short list".My next door neighbor's girl friend (he's a spry 80) just got a new Kia Rondo. He is driving it most of the time. I'll have to ask him how he likes it.Its amazing how fun the Rogue is to drive. I loved the Vibe, don't get me wrong, but I never found it "fun."
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Whelan

Re: traded up the 06 vibe for.... (Sputnik)

Post by Whelan »

My friend just bought a Rogue. She was looking at the Ford Edge but they were just WAY to expensive for what they are. She got the Rogue in Black, it's slick.I'm curious how people trade up so easily. I put myself on the 60 month plan and have to wait at least 3-4 years to trade. And selling is out of the question because people want to buy the car and get the title, not pay for the title and wait. Which sucks cause if I had 10k laying around to payoff my car I would do so. So I'm assuming you people must either do 36 month terms or so with a high payment or good amount down, you lease, or pay for it cash up front.I still have two years on my Matrix, I would lease cars if I didn't drive so many miles. I put 20k a year average on my cars, so the value goes to crap. 2005 Matrix XR AWD with 95,000 on it.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
jake75

Re: traded up the 06 vibe for.... (Whelan)

Post by jake75 »

I have sold most of my "used" cars in the past 20 years but it is a lot more difficult to do if a bank has your title. One alternative used to be use of a home equity loan to finance your car - had the added advantage of interest being deductible. Today that may be more difficult unless you have a lot of equity in your home. Being poor, which is sometimes due to just not having good financial habits, carries its own cost burdens. Some can't even afford to take advantage of the savings they might get by stocking up when staples like bath tissue etc. are on sale. People with poor credit scores pay more for insurance etc. I read an article today about the number of people who retire still having big mortgages, car loans and credit card balances. Making ends meet in retirement with those financial burdens is next to impossible unless you are fortunate to have a pension that is nearly equal to your former pay. A lot of teachers and govt. workers here in Ohio are lucky in that regard. If I had my life to live over I would have worked for the government - less pay but the early retirment and generous pension with medical benefits more than compensates for that. I am not sure that plan would work in this new era though. I think govt. pensions and benefits in the future are heading for a downward spiral.