Dead Union Walking

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
KNINE

Dead Union Walking

Post by KNINE »

I recently read the following in Autoextremist.com" The UAW. That it's the "Dead Union Walking" is indisputable at this point, but if you needed any more evidence that the end is near there's this: As first reported by the Associated Press in Shanghai, GM plans to begin exports of vehicles made in China to the United States within two years. The Shanghai Securities News and other reports today suggest that GM intends to sell 17,335 made-in-China small cars like the Chevrolet Spark in the U.S. market by 2011. That number would triple to more than 51,000 by 2014. GM would probably become the first automaker to begin exporting to the U.S. from China, unless another automaker beats them to it. "I wonder if they'll be sold at Walmart. Everything else they sell is made in China.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I think they said the union shouldnt be scared cuz the chinese cars would only be "1,7 or so % of the market" well...whatever but Ive seen chinese car crash tests and they must revamp the car because I wouldnt be caught in a chinese car even at a auto show. They were scary.
ColonelPanic

Re: Dead Union Walking (K-NINE)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I wonder if they'll be sold at Walmart. Everything else they sell is made in China. You know they will! I can't wait to pick one of these awesome Chinese GM products up at th' mal*wart!!! They come in a big box and you put it together in your living room with dowel rods, cam locks, and hex screws! You'll need to make sure you buy an allen wrench though, GM will be too cheap to throw one of those in.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

CAW once had 25,000 members working at GM plants. Today on NPR they told the story of the Ottawa truck plant closing today. After all is said and done, GM will only employ about 4,000 CAW workers....The nerve of them to announce the import of Chines built vehicles on the same day they close a North American plant...
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
KNINE

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by KNINE »

I'm no fan of the UAW, but it ticks me off that GM was given a (removed) load of American dollars to save American jobs, and now they want to import cars from China.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
KNINE

Re: Dead Union Walking (ColonelPanic)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »You know they will! I can't wait to pick one of these awesome Chinese GM products up at th' mal*wart!!! They come in a big box and you put it together in your living room with dowel rods, cam locks, and hex screws! You'll need to make sure you buy an allen wrench though, GM will be too cheap to throw one of those in. It would be the wrong size, anyway.
ColonelPanic

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I'm no fan of the UAW, but it ticks me off that GM was given a (removed) load of American dollars to save American jobs, and now they want to import cars from China. I certainly agree... I originally supported giving GM money in the hopes that they would actually try to keep some jobs around. But instead it seems like they're more interested in using our tax dollars to outsource jobs to other countries. If it weren't for what workers they have left (not to mention the suppliers, dealers, communites surrounding these places whose livelihood all depends on GM) I'd be content just seeing GM disappear at this point. I'll buy a Ford next time I want something American. lol!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
keithvibe

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by keithvibe »

should buy toyota or honda most of them are made state side anyways.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.