Nissan 300zx

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Amtron

Nissan 300zx

Post by Amtron »

Has anyone ever owned one of these, or know of anyone who has? I'm looking at buying one this summer and I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. If anyone has any input they'd like to share with me, please do!In particular I'm looking for a 1991 - 1993 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo. I looked at someones for sale around here, and it was beautiful. I used to want an RX-8, but this one is much more 'attainable' for me. Plus it's rockin' 300 hp stock with a twin turbo, and can easily be jacked up to 400 hp with a little investment (and before someone says "why would you need that much, that's stupid," I know... Refrain yourself from making that comment because I know I don't need that much lol. I'm just saying you can get it easily and there's not that many cars out there that have that much power ). If I do happen to get it, at some point in the future I would like to get the Invader-2 body kit, but it does look really nice stock without it. Plus I don't know how it would do with speed bumps... Finally, check out this ad for it. It was aired for the first time many Superbowls ago:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fb_H2Qiivg
keithvibe

Re: Nissan 300zx (Amtron)

Post by keithvibe »

I looked at some TT Z's myself and I can't aford them.. 30k for a used one in really good condition is way beyond my price range.There are lots of aftermarket support for them
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Amtron

Re: Nissan 300zx (keithvibe)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »I looked at some TT Z's myself and I can't aford them.. 30k for a used one in really good condition is way beyond my price range.There are lots of aftermarket support for themYeah there's loads of parts which is another thing I like about them.I'm not sure when you looked at them, but I haven't seen a early 90's TT over $18,000 yet. I definitely couldn't afford anything over like a '94 or so because they get more expensive, like you said. There's one for sale in Utah that has everything done to it you can think of for $18,000. The guy selling it dyno'd it and it has 600 hp ...way out of my price range though. Most of the ones I've seen range from about $5000 - $12,000 CDN for a Twin Turbo with the mileage around 70,000 - 120,000.
kevera

Re: Nissan 300zx (Amtron)

Post by kevera »

Import one in from Japan.Prices are much better.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Amtron

Re: Nissan 300zx (kevera)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »Import one in from Japan.Prices are much better.Yeah, even all the JDM ones that are at import dealerships are cheap, plus they're low mileage and great shape. The only thing is I don't know how I feel about RHD...I mean lots of people told me it's not hard to get used to, but I would think it doesn't matter how good at driving you are, passing on a 2 way street and turning left seems very dangerous.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I've had 2 friends that had them one had a Pearl Yellow 2 seat had like 160000 when he got rid of it, and only had to replace the turbos at like 110000 or so but he took excellent care of it and bought it from a DR who was known to take real good care of his cars. I believe his was a 91 or 92. The funny thing with the factory pearl cars is that the pearl was not sprayed in the jams any where just the exterior. My other friend bought a 93 2+2 got it with like 60k it flew real nice just didn't land so smooth that was the only prob he had with his it was N/A.They are sweet ridesAron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Amtron

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »I've had 2 friends that had them one had a Pearl Yellow 2 seat had like 160000 when he got rid of it, and only had to replace the turbos at like 110000 or so but he took excellent care of it and bought it from a DR who was known to take real good care of his cars. I believe his was a 91 or 92. The funny thing with the factory pearl cars is that the pearl was not sprayed in the jams any where just the exterior. My other friend bought a 93 2+2 got it with like 60k it flew real nice just didn't land so smooth that was the only prob he had with his it was N/A.They are sweet ridesAronWhat was sprayed in the door jams then?And good to know about the N/A. I was wondering if they were still quick. I mean I know they're not slow, but how much of a difference in noticeable power (not just hp numbers) was there between the N/A and TT?
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

It was base color in the jams just not pearl in the clear. I'm not sure if that was a 2 part process then or not. I cant really recall power wise as they had them at different times. I do know that the N/A had no problem breaking the rear tires. He only had the car about a month. What I meant about flying was literally getting airborne. He missed a turn doing about 110-130 hit an embankment and went for a ride. He and the front passenger were fine some bruising, and the rear seat passenger was pretty messed up. He broke a lower vertebrae and one of his legs were tore along the inner thigh.I do remember the TT was pretty nasty when the turbos kicked.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Whelan

Re: Nissan 300zx (13Vibe03)

Post by Whelan »

"why would you need that much, that's stupid"My best friends father had one back in grade school, brand new in yellow with the T-top. Slick car and fast.I like them, always have, and I love the RX-7s before they went out of production, great lines in a great car, except for the rotor chamber lining issue.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Amtron

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »It was base color in the jams just not pearl in the clear. I'm not sure if that was a 2 part process then or not. I cant really recall power wise as they had them at different times. I do know that the N/A had no problem breaking the rear tires. He only had the car about a month. What I meant about flying was literally getting airborne. He missed a turn doing about 110-130 hit an embankment and went for a ride. He and the front passenger were fine some bruising, and the rear seat passenger was pretty messed up. He broke a lower vertebrae and one of his legs were tore along the inner thigh.I do remember the TT was pretty nasty when the turbos kicked.AronI was wondering what you meant by airborne...and ouch that doesn't sound so good....Quote, originally posted by 13Vibe03 »Trust me, you get used to RHD REALLY fast. Shifting with your left hand would take longer than learning to center the car in the lane and while turning.You adjust within a few hours if you are already a half way decent driver.Thanks for the help! I think so many people are telling me it's really not that bad that I might take it into consideration now to get RHD.Quote, originally posted by Whelan »"why would you need that much, that's stupid"My best friends father had one back in grade school, brand new in yellow with the T-top. Slick car and fast.I like them, always have, and I love the RX-7s before they went out of production, great lines in a great car, except for the rotor chamber lining issue. Rx-7s are beautiful, I was lookin at one of those for a bit too
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Update: Got a ride in a '91 TT yesterday...that thing is fast as hell. He got up to 120 in 2nd...he told me in the quarter mile he got 12 point something seconds. My dad has a G37 and I thought that was fast. This is now officially the fastest car I've ever been in.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Dude, 300z's are HOT... do it.. lol..