2010 Buick LaCrosse

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Whelan

2010 Buick LaCrosse

Post by Whelan »

Did they finally get a Buick right? Maybe since what, the 1980s with the GNX. Very nice looking car and very appealing offerings. They are going to offer the 3.0L DI, and 3.6 DI from the CTS in the car. AWD is available too. The tail almost looks like a refined Lexus LS.Also offered are adaptive HID lamps, blind spot indicators, navi w/ integrated rear camera, front, side, roof airbags, OnStar, and StabiliTrak,
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

+1, they have finally make a nice car!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
shemp

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (Whelan)

Post by shemp »

That's pretty sharp, especially for a Buick. Clean lines, nice proportions... understated elegence, with a sporty stance. Nice work.IMHO Buick desperately needs a brand identity and family-design theme similar to what Cadillac and Volvo have done over the last 5-10 years. Let's hope this car is the starting point for that styling theme.
2009 Vibe GT
ColonelPanic

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse

Post by ColonelPanic »

Kinda reminds me of the Genesis from some angles. Looks good. Interior is fantastic, nice looking gauges, a cool heads up display and the subtle touches of glowing blue lighting. Nice.Nice evolution from the current model. Although I actually have to admit I do like the Lacrosse in its current form, and the Lucerne isn't too bad either. I don't need anything like that size-wise and it's out of my price range though.Let's see what happens to it when the GM accounting department gets a hold of it though... We won't see this car, I can guarantee that.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

that's a hot buick! its been posted here before that buick is BIG in china and the cars they send there are way more forward looking in design than what we have in the states. i bet this goes straight to china
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
michaelgt

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (ColonelPanic)

Post by michaelgt »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Kinda reminds me of the Genesis from some angles. Looks good. Interior is fantastic, nice looking gauges, a cool heads up display and the subtle touches of glowing blue lighting. Nice.Nice evolution from the current model. Although I actually have to admit I do like the Lacrosse in its current form, and the Lucerne isn't too bad either. I don't need anything like that size-wise and it's out of my price range though.Let's see what happens to it when the GM accounting department gets a hold of it though... We won't see this car, I can guarantee that.GM is unveiling this car at the NAIAS. This is the car that is coming this fall! So, how is your guarantee going to work?
michaelgt

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by michaelgt »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »that's a hot buick! its been posted here before that buick is BIG in china and the cars they send there are way more forward looking in design than what we have in the states. i bet this goes straight to chinaThis vehicle will be built in Fairfax, KS, USA later this year. It will be sold in USA and China.
ColonelPanic

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (michaelgt)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by michaelgt »GM is unveiling this car at the NAIAS. This is the car that is coming this fall! So, how is your guarantee going to work?I truly hope that this is the car! It's just disheartening to see some fantastic looking pre-production cars ending up rather blah once released to us general public peoples, mainly because the company had to cut corners at the last minute to save a buck or two each unit. Not just a GM thing, they all do it, just part of the business... Seems like in the end, the accountants prove to be the ones that are really running the show.

Image Image
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

NICE!!!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NibCrom

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (BlueCrush)

Post by NibCrom »

The second picture looks like it has a HUD. Crazy!
shemp

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (ColonelPanic)

Post by shemp »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »It's just disheartening to see some fantastic looking pre-production cars ending up rather blah once released to us general public peoples, mainly because the company had to cut corners at the last minute to save a buck or two each unit. Not just a GM thing, they all do it, just part of the business... Seems like in the end, the accountants prove to be the ones that are really running the show.I agree with you, and if you'll indulge me for a moment [soapbox] I will also add that not all concept-cars are equally grounded in reality. There are various manufacturing feasibility constraints, NHTSA regulations, crash-testing and other requirements that all cars must conform to. Some concept cars are developed to the point that if green-lighted, the production version could retain some of the key design characteristics. Some concepts are gratuitous pie-in-the-sky design exercises that could never make it to production the way it looks on the turn-table. IMHO it's somewhat lazy and irresponsible for an OEM to trot out a hunk of clay that has zero chance of making it to production in it's current form. The wildly unrealistic concepts are the ones that get all the attention, and the OEM's that show restraint and display a reasonably feasible design do not get credit for doing so. [/soapbox]I know this Buick is a prototype, not a concept.... sorry for the tangent.
2009 Vibe GT
Whelan

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (NibCrom)

Post by Whelan »

It does have a HUD
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
breezd

Post by breezd »

Never thought that I, being 23, would be interested in a Buick.... lolThis car does have a very nice design and does look similar to the Lexus in the rear. Lets see how close it is to this when it's produced...
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
Mavrik

Re: (breezd)

Post by Mavrik »

if I was older, I'd drive that car. right now I'm to young to be seen in a Buick. But its a nice car.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
KNINE

Re: (breezd)

Post by KNINE »

I think it's ironic that this Buick lacks the traditional port holes, but everywhere I go these days, I see knock off port holes stuck on every kind of non Buick imaginable.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Did they finally get a Buick right? I think the bigger question might be Did Whelan finally get it right? Did he finally post a thread that everybody at genvibe can agree on? Could it be that the Left, and the Right, both like this car? Could this Buick be the great unifier?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

Wow, this thing is amazing for a GM design, and in particular for a Buick design. I'd love to see a real resurgence of Buick.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

wow looks like a mercury milan mixed with a mazda 6 backend...
michaelgt

Post by michaelgt »

I saw this car yesterday at the NAIAS. This car looks great in person!
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Time to revive a dead thread!My parents will be taking delivery this week of their new 2010 Lacrosse CXL. I saw it this morning just after it had been unloaded from the truck...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ou.grizzly

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Is that the mocha colour?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Time to revive a dead thread!My parents will be taking delivery this week of their new 2010 Lacrosse CXL. Looks great! Does it have the HUD feature and cool blue gauges? And to con't. with the rest of the thread:I think Buick did a great job with the Enclave also.
ragingfish

Re: (epcIII)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Is that the mocha colour?Yep. Exterior is mocha steel metallic. Interior is dark/light titanium.Quote, originally posted by epcIII »Looks great! Does it have the HUD feature and cool blue gauges? I have no idea. Blue gauges I believe ( I know it has blue ambient lighting), don't know about HUD.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Yep. Exterior is mocha steel metallic. Interior is dark/light titanium.That is such a beautiful coulor, one my my favourites!Only reason why I know that colour is because I was going to purchase a GMC Terrain in that same exact shade. Yet, I ended up with a Steel Blue Vibe.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish » ( I know it has blue ambient lighting), don't know about HUD.I was just looking at Buick's website and saw the video on the ambient lighting--WOW! It makes the red LEDs I put in my Vibe's cup holders pale by comparison.
Houston

Post by Houston »

If this Buick goes into production - and I worked in Buick Final Assembly for 33 years - I must say that, except for a couple experimental models from decades ago, this is the most beautiful Buick I've ever seen. I hope it's made available for purchase by the public.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
cptnsolo77

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (Houston)

Post by cptnsolo77 »

It looks good! Very clean styling !All it needs is a turbo now.....just dont call it a GNX. Use another name plate. Dont make the same mistake Dodge did with the Charger lol.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ragingfish

Re: 2010 Buick LaCrosse (Houston)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »If this Buick goes into production - and I worked in Buick Final Assembly for 33 years - I must say that, except for a couple experimental models from decades ago, this is the most beautiful Buick I've ever seen. I hope it's made available for purchase by the public.Look at the bottom of the previous page lol. We're picking ours up this week.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Can't quite love the grille. Might like it much better in person - I'll have to check it out at the auto show (less than two months away!).Rear view is beautiful. Interior looks very nice. I don't like the body line down the side - too much like the Dodge Charger, that I also don't like.All in all, good job Buick. Hope sales go well.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Whelan

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by Whelan »

I saw one in silver the other day on the road. Very nice looking car. Has a very European/Japanese luxury brand look to it.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

i saw quite a few of these on the road when i was in china. i think buick is more popular over there. i've seen buick hatchbacks and others that i've never seen before lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
high revin

Post by high revin »

awesome car love one in white,i wish gm could learn how to lay down some paint though everyone i see has orange peel in the paint reallll bad but sweet ride.
ColonelPanic

Re: (high revin)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Sadly, I don't think there are many cars out there that *don't* have orange peel out the wazoo. And it doesn't seem to matter how much or how little you spend either, you still end up with it. It seems practically everybody has forgotten the art of putting on a nice looking paint job (if they ever learned in the first place.lol)

Image Image
Entelodont

Post by Entelodont »

I read where the last emperor of China was a Buick owner. Talk about branding...
high revin

Post by high revin »

Colonel your right there is way to many poorly laid paint jobs running through these plants.Your not going to see that at many mercedes lots or lexus and not only paint look at the gapping on the cars lexus is flawless even honda is real nice but you can trow a cat through some of the stuff leaving gm the last few years
epcIII

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by high revin »i wish gm could learn how to lay down some paint though everyone i see has orange peel in the paint reallll bad Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Sadly, I don't think there are many cars out there that *don't* have orange peel out the wazoo. What's 'orange peel' paint? Haven't heard that term before.
Houston

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by epcIII »What's 'orange peel' paint? Haven't heard that term before."Orange Peel" is the appearance of a coat of paint. If it appears at all, it's usually in small areas. It looks and feels like the surface of an orange peel. Checking for this was a part of my job at Buick decades ago.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Easiest way to describe it is just what its name entails - think about how an orange peel isn't smooth, it has that texture.. Instead of a smooth, even appearance on the paint, it looks "bumpy" for lack of a better term. Here's an image I dug up... Look to the right of the M3 logo to see it. I guess BMW's have it too.

Image Image
high revin

Post by high revin »

Thats probably not the best pic to show although i see what you mean but most will not. "and how is it someone dosent know what that means" lolBut colonel said it just has a textured look to it they just dont take the time to perfect them its all about speed and throwing them down the line.The corvettes although have a team that will rub out any little impefections and buff them out at the end of the production line.
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Thanks guys--now I see what it means. Guess when I read 'orange peel' I was visualizing pieces of orange peels, not the texture on the skin/rind itself. lol.
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Time to revive a dead thread!My parents will be taking delivery this week of their new 2010 Lacrosse CXL. I saw it this morning just after it had been unloaded from the truck...So what's the verdict so far with your parents car? I just saw one today, same color, and I REALLY like it.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I think it's ironic that this Buick lacks the traditional port holes, but everywhere I go these days, I see knock off port holes stuck on every kind of non Buick imaginable. OH, so true! ESPECIALLY down here. Everyones looking for that cheap mod to make their Ford F-150 look fast.lol....seiously!Anyways, I like the previous LaCrosse better.
ColonelPanic

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ColonelPanic »

The portholes are still there on these things, only relocated to the hood.

Image Image
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »The portholes are still there on these things, only relocated to the hood.Ironically, however, the regals we saw at the auto show do NOT have portholes.Perhaps they realized how LAME they are.

2009 PONTIAC G8
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

You're right, no portholes at all... Probably the Saturn rebranding team that created the Regal forgot to add them. Looks better without 'em...

Attached files

Image Image