Chevy Volt Pictures(Official Images Sans the Executives)

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Whelan

Chevy Volt Pictures(Official Images Sans the Executives)

Post by Whelan »

Updated official full pics!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
kevera

Re: Chevy Volt Pictures Leaked! (Whelan)

Post by kevera »

Not digging the pukey green.It's OK I guess,doesn't give me a semi though.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Take the idiots out of the pictures so I can see the car......
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NibCrom

Re: Chevy Volt Pictures Leaked! (BlueCrush)

Post by NibCrom »

I think the concept was a bit more interesting. At least it looks better than the Honda Insight. I think I'd like it better in a different color.
kunkstyle

Re: Chevy Volt Pictures Leaked! (NibCrom)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Take the idiots out of the pictures so I can see the car...... Yeah, what's with the goons photoshopped in front?
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

The last "car" that I bought was a '78 Chevette 4 dr sedan. I guess I really don't like "cars".
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

This concept shows great promise even if it is a bit late to the party.40 miles and no gas!!
KNINE

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by KNINE »

I like the way it's called Auto Spies, but all the pictures are staged in a studio. I'm glad they didn't mellow it too much. The original concept was really cool, though. I think they'll sell if Chevy can keep the price down. I'd love to see a sport wagon version, like the Mazda 6 wagon. Hey, I'm hooked on wagons now. Am I turning into my dad?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Blueridge9

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I'd love to see a sport wagon version, like the Mazda 6 wagon. Hey, I'm hooked on wagons now. Am I turning into my dad? +1 K-9 That's funny. Do you ever hear yourself saying things your Dad used to say too?
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tnpartsguy

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by tnpartsguy »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I like the way it's called Auto Spies, but all the pictures are staged in a studio. I'm glad they didn't mellow it too much. The original concept was really cool, though. I think they'll sell if Chevy can keep the price down. I'd love to see a sport wagon version, like the Mazda 6 wagon. Hey, I'm hooked on wagons now. Am I turning into my dad? so far the price is looking like $45K, leases ONLY, no sales.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
kunkstyle

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by kunkstyle »

I thought the big 3 were getting away from leases?
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
KNINE

Re: (Blueridge9)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by Blueridge9 »+1 K-9 That's funny. Do you ever hear yourself saying things your Dad used to say too? More often than I'd like to admit.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
jake75

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »so far the price is looking like $45K, leases ONLY, no sales.I guess that would be o.k, if they let me used my GM Card earnings.Back to reality - that's about $25-27,000 more than a much more functional Vibe - who are they going to sell that to! Obviously only to the "well to do" where being green is a "fashion statement".
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jake75

Re: (jake75)

Post by jake75 »

GM Volt Images "Leaked" As The Countdown BeginsPosted By:Phil LeBeauTopics:Alternative Energy | Energy | Economy (U.S.) | Economy (Global) | Automobile IndustrySectors:Oil and Gas | Automobiles and PartsCompanies:General Motors Corp Source: thecarconnection.comNew Chevy Volt-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Did you see pictures of the GM's new electric car, the Chevy Volt? They were out on the web yesterday, but only for a brief time. Call it a accidental or intentional leak, it doesn't matter. The fact is the Volt show is about to start. The question is what kind of early reaction the public will give the car. Remember when GM[GM 11.10 0.27 (+2.49%) ] first showed a prototype of the car at the 2006 Detroit auto show? It was futuristic, edgy and cool. It was also an aerodynamic failure in the wind tunnel. So the new Volt will look more like a traditional sedan. Already I've read some blog comments saying the Volt looks "boring" and "too much like a Toyota Prius." While the Volt's design is more conventional, the public forgets that there is a reason for that "softer", "less edgy" design. It's all about reducing wind drag, which is crucial in an electric car that needs to get as many miles per charge as possible.
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

Was that Eugene Levy and Leslie Neilson?
"Draco" 09 Steel Blue Base Vibe 1.8, auto, moonroofR.I.P. "FROST" 06 Frosty White Base Vibe, auto, Moonroof and Monsoontotalled when a bus t-boned us.
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

hopefully its just the color that makes it look bad. the back end looks kinda cool but the trunk lid seems pretty high and will limit rear visibility and make it hard to get stuff in the trunk. also, whats with the side view mirrors? they look like they stick out pretty far and not much holds them to the car.
michaelgt

Re: Chevy Volt Pictures Leaked! (kunkstyle)

Post by michaelgt »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »Yeah, what's with the goons photoshopped in front?The photos show the Volt team, chief designer Bob Boniface, chief engineer Andrew Farah, vehicle line director Tony Posawatz, and GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz.
michaelgt

Post by michaelgt »

DETROIT -- The first official images of the 2011 production version of the Chevrolet Volt hybrid turned up on the Internet Monday, Sept. 8 -- and General Motors executives are fuming.The photos show the Volt team, chief designer Bob Boniface, chief engineer Andrew Farah, vehicle line director Tony Posawatz, and GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz. The photos were prepared, apparently, for release next week for GM's 100th anniversary celebration.Chevrolet spokesman Terry Rhadigan said the photos were not supposed to be released and that GM executives are trying to find out how they appeared on an industry Web site. It isn't clear if the photos were released accidentally or if someone hacked into a GM computer. Said Rhadigan: "We're investigating."I am guessing that Genvibe will soon need to remove these pictures.
jake75

Re: (michaelgt)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by michaelgt »Chevrolet spokesman Terry Rhadigan said the photos were not supposed to be released and that GM executives are trying to find out how they appeared on an industry Web site. It isn't clear if the photos were released accidentally or if someone hacked into a GM computer. Said Rhadigan: "We're investigating."I am guessing that Genvibe will soon need to remove these pictures.In my humble opinion, that would be stupid. The "smart" move would have been to leak them and then express outrage that they appeared. But that is probably not what happened as the "suits" at GM, being the (removed) retentive personalities that they are, don't understand that the perceived "forbidden fruit" of these photos is attracting a lot of valuable publicity and interest at little cost to GM.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i like the looks, looks kinda like a new malibu with more futuristic design. I am also excited to see mazda's new EV platform, fords and volvo's. mmm some healthy competition. They are all similar to the volt, with electric engines at the wheels but IC only for charging batteries.
NibCrom

Re: (jake75)

Post by NibCrom »

Looks better in red (unofficial color):http://www.autoblog.com/photos...26457/
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Boring... I hope it is just the color that makes it look so bad. I liked the looks of the concept for sure and this is not really close... but the production cars never really are.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
redlava

Re: Chevy Volt Pictures Leaked! (Toasted7)

Post by redlava »

I'm liking it too. The 30-40K price range, not so much. I like how it is lease only and no purchasing... reminds me of the EV1 debacle. Chevy can pretty much take your car whenever they want to if they want to shut the project down for whatever reason. Something tells me that if they don't sell 50,000 units right off the bat then they will shut it down after a couple of years because they say there is no market for them.
NibCrom

Re: Chevy Volt Pictures Leaked! (redlava)

Post by NibCrom »

Whelan

Re: Chevy Volt Pictures Leaked! (NibCrom)

Post by Whelan »

^^^see above top of post, I editted and added the official images^^^
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
breezd

Post by breezd »

For some reason, this car reminds me of the Aztec.... I'm not saying its ugly like the Aztec though... maybe its the glass panel below the spoiler on the Trunk...
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
Whelan

Re: (breezd)

Post by Whelan »

CRX had one, as does the Prius. It's for visibility so you can see the back of the car instead of looking at the sky because the backsides are so high for airflow.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
breezd

Post by breezd »

Here is a link to the AutoBlog with photos of the Live reveal...http://www.autoblog.com/2008/0...volt/
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

just caught the end of 'saving general motors' on cnbc.the volt looks good...but they said $40k and the lithium ion battery is like 7K?youch...but i do like the car. hopefully cost comes down
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
bull77

Post by bull77 »

damn --- 750million just in development -- it better work http://www.autoblog.com/2008/1...-volt/
NibCrom

Re: (bull77)

Post by NibCrom »

I think it already works. They just have to make sure it's ready for market.
high revin

Post by high revin »

Thats a cool CIVIC...... oh wait i mean Civic wanna be!!!!