GT-RRRRRRR!!

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
AKLGT

GT-RRRRRRR!!

Post by AKLGT »

So I had to chase down the car at Clear Car Armor today since my buddy Ryan has been so elusive and NOT calling me so I can sneak a closer peak at his new baby! He drove it up the Alcan from Oregon to Anchorage a couple weeks ago... some paint chips already (makes me want to cry) but it's now broken in. :DWhich means.... drag strip Weds night and we have about 2-4 more autox events for the season, the last one we have named in his honor since he is making the course! (removed), I can't wait! But this sexy beast is just that, a BEAST! I didn't realize how big this car is! wow! It looks sooooo good in person! Can't wait til I get a ride in her (at autox, I don't care about down the street.. I want to ride in her when she's full force going!)Had to take these in a small confined area, so this is the best I could do, sorry.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
RIT

Re: GT-RRRRRRR!! (AKLGT)

Post by RIT »

Luv the license plate - oh, and the car is OK too ! OK... it's awesome.
breezd

Post by breezd »

*drool*
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I thought it was going to be a pirate car. GT Arrrrrrr matie. Shiver me timbers.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Awesome!!
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »He drove it up the Alcan from Oregon to Anchorage a couple weeks ago...Did they ever pave that road? I drove up the Alcan in the late 80's with my family, and most of it was gravel.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

almost all is paved except in Yukon and parts of nowhere BC.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

A guy here in San Diego, you may know of him, goes by BlueBat, already has one as well!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Ya I heard he picked one up on various car forums. But I prefer the ones I can ride in and watch at the strip or autox events. I'm just glad this car won't be a garage queen and he's planning to drive it the way it was intended/built.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by kevera »

I should move up to Alaska,maybe I can drive a better car then.I always thought you guys drove around on snowmobiles and dog sleds.lolrsI GTR
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
02csnow

Re: (kevera)

Post by 02csnow »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I should move up to Alaska,maybe I can drive a better car then.I always thought you guys drove around on snowmobiles and dog sleds.lolrsI GTRThe first thing you said was cool. But the dogsleds and snowmobiles, thats not funny. Oh yeah, back on topic. Love the GTR, but not the price.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
kevera

Re: (02csnow)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by 02csnow »But the dogsleds and snowmobiles, thats not funny. .I thought you told me you had a dog sled license.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
kunkstyle

Re: (kevera)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by 02csnow »Oh yeah, back on topic. Love the GTR, but not the price.Saw one at the auto show in town back in spring. Sharp looking, but no way I'd pay what they're going for. Can't imagine paying over list price for any vehicle.@ Kevera : (OT) love the pic in your new sig.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »almost all is paved except in Yukon and parts of nowhere BC. The unpaved parts are the construction zone parts too. Its a nice drive. But best to take when your not in a hurry.The car is beautiful. Really looking forward to seeing it in action.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mavrik

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by Mavrik »

Just got back from getting a ride in it. HOLY COW!Someone wanna lend me $90,000?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

alright, I will admit that I'm one of those people who don't understand why they buy a car for $90K. Even if we could (which we probably could if we really wanted...) I hate to spend that kind of money on a CAR (and I'm a car fanatic). HOWEVER... after riding in this thing, and taking it on a preliminary "launch control" lesson to prepare for tomorrow night's drag strip, I will say that I want this car and I would spend the money to have one. OK, my car's pretty fast, it makes you sit back in your seat, especially when I'm running 12.7. This car.... (removed)! it makes my car sooooo slow!!!!!! Freaking FAST FAST FAST!!!!! anyways, I'll post up some pics and upload a vid (on a closed road of course) of our 2nd launch control run (not the first because we were swearing in it! Caught us off guard! LOL)Pics from tonight (sorry, they aren't that great. I couldn't find the right camera so had to make do for a last min photoshoot)
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

closed road this evening:
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

What's with that shifter? Is it an automatic???
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Sublimewind

Re: (Whelan)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »What's with that shifter? Is it an automatic???F1 style paddle shifted, like automatic(but shifts in milliseconds), but IIRC W/O the torque converter... no slushbox for that beast..!!!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »closed road this evening:Wow... 4k "clutch" dump... lol... layin rubber with AWD... Last time I did that I was beating the crap out of a Talon TSi... lol... 4- 5ft black patches..
Sublimewind

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »@ Kevera : (OT) love the pic in your new sig.+100.. /threadjack... lol..
RIT

Post by RIT »

You know that you NEED one of these !!!Mav - start saving your nickles !
AKLGT

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »F1 style paddle shifted, like automatic(but shifts in milliseconds), but IIRC W/O the torque converter... no slushbox for that beast..!!!it's a true dual clutch system, so it's still sorta an auto, but sorta a manual with real time shift capabilities. NO lag or bog when you shift gears due to the dual clutch system. This is the type of system I'm "hoping" they come out with on the '10 STI or so. But we'll see.. if not, plan to pay off the cars and who knows, maybe we'll buy a GTR. thing is good for 11's just stock from the factory. and that launch is with launch control. and 4500 rpm clutch drop? bleh, that's a mediocre launch in the subie.... try 5800 RPM launch. now we're talking!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

1st GT-R in MN! Was going to be at our high speed run last Sat. but got canceled and is rescheduled for later in Sept. where hopefully he comes so i can get a ride! Here are vid's of my friend Jeff (cobalt ss SC) and other guys starting it uphttp://videos.streetfire.net/v...8.htmhttp://videos.streetfire.net/v...9.htmhttp://videos.streetfire.net/v...0.htmhttp://videos.streetfire.net/v...1.htm
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »it's a true dual clutch system, so it's still sorta an auto, but sorta a manual with real time shift capabilities. NO lag or bog when you shift gears due to the dual clutch system. This is the type of system I'm "hoping" they come out with on the '10 STI or so. But we'll see.. if not, plan to pay off the cars and who knows, maybe we'll buy a GTR. thing is good for 11's just stock from the factory. and that launch is with launch control. and 4500 rpm clutch drop? bleh, that's a mediocre launch in the subie.... try 5800 RPM launch. now we're talking! 5800rmp clutch dump.... Does it even HAVE a clutch pedal? like to simply get it into gear??
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

prolly not, i think it just has launch control..... i could be wrong.
NibCrom

Re: (northvibe)

Post by NibCrom »

There's no clutch pedal. You can drive it in full automatic mode if you want.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

it is automated clutch, no TC so not considered actual AT. you can leave it in regular auto mod or in manual mode.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

completely stock, he ran an 11.95@121 mph tonight. it was AWESOME!!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »completely stock, he ran an 11.95@121 mph tonight. it was AWESOME!!!That rocks... would take much to make it a 10sec car.. if you could get around the ECU, but, it won't be long.. :evil grin:
Mavrik

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Mavrik »

COBB Access port already has a stage 2 kit available.
Mavrik

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by Mavrik »

GT-R at the track. not his best run either.